Thread: Photoshoot at China Town on 2nd Feb 2002

Originally posted by ninelives
    I'm Andrew.
    I'm Andrew too. Heheh
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Originally posted by sbs99

I'm Andrew too. Heheh

Kk, count me in for now. Realized its on a saturday...which im free...generally.
    One-North Explorers

New guy with a Minolta Dimage 5 and cheap tripod here... Aiyah~ Saturday evening ah... Poor students like me have to work to feed my new hobby ley... So sad... Cannot go........

Me told Klause that I'll be going with my gf.....count us in too.

Simon , rty and I went there last Sat ... my advice is not to bring tripod along ...
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Oh, another advice -> Try not to drive there.

Originally posted by Flare
    New guy with a Minolta Dimage 5 and cheap tripod here... Aiyah~ Saturday evening ah... Poor students like me have to work to feed my new hobby ley... So sad... Cannot go........
    hey, finally got fellow dimage 5'ian here...flare...you're from dpreview minolta forums, rite??

Azmodan
    Guests

Originally posted by megaweb
    Simon , rty and I went there last Sat ... my advice is not to bring tripod along ...
    Okay then my tripod is staying home then...

Bring ISO 400 pushed, or ISO 800.
    Bring f2.8 lenses.
    Bring IS capable equipments

Originally posted by Shadus
    Bring f2.8 lenses.
    Oh crap.. I don't haf IS... for my C700
    Canon Lover :)

Originally posted by isomers007

hey, finally got fellow dimage 5'ian here...flare...you're from dpreview minolta forums, rite??
    Yup... Me from Dpreview, me taking part at the Photo assignments there. Just found out about this forum. Now maybe I don't need to trek 4 hours across the city alone looking for things to shoot liao.
    =)

Isomers ah, any advice for D5? Do you have any problems? Me think me sending my D5 in for service next week, my EVF got problem, Blow out until all white very often when I don't raise it... Sad Sad...

me also taking part @ the assignments there......but juz realised this morning...haah~

anyway no probs wif my D5....getting used to it...and took some pretty good pictures wif it. ur problem sounds scary...good luck!

Originally posted by Flare

Yup... Me from Dpreview, me taking part at the Photo assignments there. Just found out about this forum. Now maybe I don't need to trek 4 hours across the city alone looking for things to shoot liao.
    =)

Isomers ah, any advice for D5? Do you have any problems? Me think me sending my D5 in for service next week, my EVF got problem, Blow out until all white very often when I don't raise it... Sad Sad...

Originally posted by Shadus
    Bring f2.8 lenses.
    Wah lau...all bring so fierce equipment...scared siah. Thot travelling light would be a better idea? Hehe
    One-North Explorers

Originally posted by megaweb
    Monopod can??

Was there during the day few weeks ago, but that was before the light up. But I shot some old shop houses near there. Got them in my gallery, putting up more soon. Don't remember where... (get lost when I'm looking for subjects). I think I'll be going again some day to look for it with my friend and his medium format. Hee Hee......

Azmodan
    Guests

by the way, where do we meet?

Sound interesting!
    May I join in for the session?

Big Big Outing...lallalalalaala
    One-North Explorers

Blog Entries

Was there last nite and already spotted 9 other (only 4 of them were in a group; 3 others had tripods) photographers. Think it is a bad idea to bring tripod as there is next to no space to set it up unless you are planning to capture the stage show with the cantonese opera

Weekday crowd not that bad... enuff to capture the busy street but not too overwhelming as to bump you off the road. pity this year they don allow the streetstores to sell bbq pork... but found some ultra friendly shops selling peanuts and sorts, great photography.

one word of caution... avoid taking shots of the crystal auction inside the tents, esp the store with a lady hosting the auction. I was fiddling with my camera when she started to announce to the whole world how rude I am in trying to take her photo and not asking her permission. Guess it takes all kind to make the world go round... but generally all the shops were friendly

There are, however, several other auctions hosted by men that are more accommodating and my friend took several shots of them.

Going tonite with another friend... will post any interesting updates

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast