Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I get a 46mm original adaptor or a 3rd party 46mm-52mm adaptor?

Default Should I get a 46mm original adaptor or a 3rd party 46mm-52mm adaptor?

cos i find 52mm filters are easier to find as compared to 46mm ones.

or should i just get the original 46mm adaptor and find 46mm filters.

Default Re: Should I get a 46mm original adaptor or a 3rd party 46mm-52mm adaptor?

I went to Cathay Photo, Alan Photo and John 3:16... but the original Panasonic 46mm Adapter is out of stock... Anyone knows anywhere else I can get them? I need it by this weekend before my trip on monday...

Default Re: Should I get a 46mm original adaptor or a 3rd party 46mm-52mm adaptor?

52mm is the most common fit. It has been made popular by Nikon which in the past standardize the fitting to 52mm. You can easily find 52mm accessories. I bought a step up ring for my Raynox 250 (49-52mm) based on James, advice and I have been very happy with it.

How much should a 3rd party 52mm adapter roughly cost? I think I'll need a polarizer with this camera...

im looking for a polariser also.

the orginal CPL filter for LX3 is too ex...

any third party 52mm good also?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeeey View Post
    im looking for a polariser also.

the orginal CPL filter for LX3 is too ex...

any third party 52mm good also?
    For the price of the Panasonic polarizer, I'm actually thinking of getting a 46mm B+W CPL... what I'm concerned of right now is the ability to use the original Panasonic wide angle lens later on...

the wide conversion lens cost almost $300! if get that plus the original OVF, same as a brand new LX3 cost. haha

the wide conversion lens cost almost $300! if get that plus the original OVF, same as a brand new LX3 cost. haha
    Actually I'd like to have the VF... but then it doesn't make much sense in this case...

i find the OVF is more for deco purpose.. haha.

hmmm think i will get the 46mm-52mm adaptor. more potential...

Maybe I should get the 52mm adapter too... along with maybe a Hoya or B+W CPL...

i find the OVF is more for deco purpose.. haha.

hmmm think i will get the 46mm-52mm adaptor. more potential...
    Oh no... we'll also need a new bag or case since the adapter won't fit in our CLX3...

Quote Originally Posted by palestofwhite View Post
    Oh no... we'll also need a new bag or case since the adapter won't fit in our CLX3...
    ya loh. wont fit.

but i wont be letting the adaptor fit on the lx3 for long. only fix it when needed. so my CLX3 still has its purpose. haha.

guys, if its any help, i got this one. free shipping. so its about SGD$8 to your doorstep.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_1515wt_1165
    so far so good.

Im getting the pandabase from ebay. Comes with uv filter, lens hood, lens cap

If anyone is interested in the 46 mm original panasonic adaptor. I have one for sale. Upgrade to DSLR after buying it so it was never used and is in mint condition (no scratches etc)after taking it out from the box. I still have it in the original box with papers etc.Brought it for $45 so selling for $35 if anyone is interested.

My contact is 83330067

Hi there, I just bought it yesterday for my LX3 from Cam Vision Camera IT & Audio.
    Address 129 Syed Alwi Road beside Mustafa.
    Tel: 62979512, 62979513 Contact: Mr Daniel Chua or Mr Latiff

Quote Originally Posted by Echoer34 View Post
    guys, if its any help, i got this one. free shipping. so its about SGD$8 to your doorstep.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_1515wt_1165
    so far so good.
    i got 1 too! as long as the filters, lens can fit in the 52mm, it is good enough. i dunno why some 3rd party adapter can cost $30+ ...

Quote Originally Posted by KYFoong View Post
    52mm is the most common fit. It has been made popular by Nikon which in the past standardize the fitting to 52mm. You can easily find 52mm accessories. I bought a step up ring for my Raynox 250 (49-52mm) based on James, advice and I have been very happy with it.
    Totally agree with your comment , I browse in the net and most of 'branded' manufacturer play accessories at minimum 52mm size
    So at this size we can get more flexibility/choices in the market

Quote Originally Posted by hongge View Post
    i got 1 too! as long as the filters, lens can fit in the 52mm, it is good enough. i dunno why some 3rd party adapter can cost $30+ ...
    I have them all and keep some aftermarket brands compare to the original Panasonic ...
    The original is thicker compare to the OEM (which vary in price and much much cheaper) .
    As long as the use is only for 'light' purpose such filter (ND or CPL) or 'macro close up lens' then using the economical OEM should be suffice.

But need to consider if you plan to attach the wide converter (which is quite heavy vs the camera itself) so it will need more stiff materials to keep holding both camera and your converter
    Last edited by AChen; 10th February 2010 at 11:26 AM.

Get a 46mm-52mm adaptor. Easier to get filters and lens for 52mm.... I have one new piece for sale. Let me know if interested.

Last edited by Drexter; 11th February 2010 at 11:02 PM.
    Panasonic LX3|B+W Polariser Filter|Raynox MSN-202|
    My Pictures|||For sale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast