Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sanyo 2700 vs Sanyo Enelope

Default Re: Sanyo 2700 vs Sanyo Enelope

Quote Originally Posted by zkaii View Post
    That is not true...i have 2 sets of sanyo27000 batts and they can lose charge dramatically after 2-3 days of non usage
    At least I know I am not the only one having problem with the Sanyo 2700. My Sanyo 2700 seems to be losing charge in a matter of days. I put it down perhaps a bad batch. Certainly put me off in using them for mission critical trips.

i think the sanyo 2700 batts is good if you have high usage and can recharge your batts everyday. Nowadays when i go for travels i use the enelope instead. i figure the enelope cant hold as much power as the 2700 but can store power for very long periods.

i share some my experience

slow discharge batteries are generally better built. chemically. they are made to endure. to last. despite prolong and/or repeated charging. somehow they have some internal mechanism to prevent [maybe deter could be a better terminology] overcharging in case of bad or dubious battery charging circuitry. the bad is they cost about 50%? more than the 'usual' already better make rechargeables

speaking of which, these 'usual' rechargeables are generally built to give more robust staying power in single episodes of use. i notice they last longer, in some cases from 20 to as much as 100% more [even 2000 vs 2850]. the power [ or should i say the surge or impulse] is also observably stronger. they are more cost effective if the usage is intense and singular [not consecutively over days or even prolonged stretches of hours]. but again the bad news is they tend to wear out faster, earlier despite going thru about about the same charging cycles over approximately the same length of time of use. in some cases. taking sanyo 2500/2700 vs sanyo eneloops. the former can die off in as quickly as 2mths (i had that before. all 20 pcs!). whereas the latter might still be kicking a reasonable amount dirt after a whole year.

personally i no longer bother looking at 'usual' rechargeables now. i only buy slow discharge models. i can dare say they pay off better in the long run. to me the ultimate assurance is i can charge them put them aside just in case. and they will still work well anywhere within a 6mths window. and to my surprise. i found that all three market common models. GP. SANYO. SONY. are so good NONE of them ever died on me yet. the surprise comes becos i was played out by the usual rechargeables before. even i charged them to full just last nite or earlier this morning. end up i had to buy up loads of alkaline on the spot. and then i had to keep swapping bullets becos they dont last somemore.

(from my experience so far, i have this secret conspiracy theory that it doesnt really matter what type of battery charger is used. it could be top of the line or rank and file. as long as the battery is good make. in other words, if someone try to convince you that they reinvented the wheel and can sell you a more expensive battery charger that will save your batteries. pause and think twice.)
    Last edited by michaeltay04; 8th February 2010 at 09:13 PM.

BTW, they are eneloop & not enelope........haha.
    I used both 2700 & eneloops. The 2700 performs well for me, although the 2700 don't hold its charge for days, but I get faster recharging time from it.
    I always charge them up before using them.
    Last edited by madmartian; 26th February 2010 at 12:10 AM.
    Take the shot!

Looking at this, it boils down to 2 things. Sanyo2700 if high power usage is expected and you're not keeping them for long. Eneloop if you're expecting to keep them for aperiod of time before using them. Sounds like i need eneloops for my travels

Quote Originally Posted by zkaii View Post
    That is not true...i have 2 sets of sanyo27000 batts and they can lose charge dramatically after 2-3 days of non usage
    3 days????? how you know that?
    Bokelicious Photography : www.bokelicious.net --- Facebook.com/bokelicious

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltay04 View Post
    i share some my experience

(from my experience so far, i have this secret conspiracy theory that it doesnt really matter what type of battery charger is used. it could be top of the line or rank and file. as long as the battery is good make. in other words, if someone try to convince you that they reinvented the wheel and can sell you a more expensive battery charger that will save your batteries. pause and think twice.)
    a good battery charge will and certainly will help to maintain a longer life of your battery.

Imagining a bad charger without a constant charging/output current, it will damage your battery very fast.

just like today you finish a Big Mac in 5 mins. tml you finish the same Big Mac in 5 secs. and the day after tml you finish ur Big Mac in 5 mins . . . . so on and so for.. what will happened?
    Bokelicious Photography : www.bokelicious.net --- Facebook.com/bokelicious

I know three day cuz i charge on one day, leave it there for 3 days and use it again. Its either it loses its charge or the charge doesnt last. And i use the sanyo refresher charger.

Quote Originally Posted by oTaRu View Post
    TS, sorry to intercept your thread but I wanna ask is the 8 x AA enelope still available in the market?
    Because I was unable to find one as most of the shops told me that they have no stock..
    Is there anyone to clarify with this issue?

Thank you!
    Best Denki has it... also have 12pc AA... Saw it ytd when I bought the eneloop quick charger with 4 x AA batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by ektang View Post
    Best Denki has it... also have 12pc AA... Saw it ytd when I bought the eneloop quick charger with 4 x AA batteries.
    How much do they sell?

look at the price here - http://www.hardwarezone.com/microsit...rod_info.shtml

and just found this site which is giving 19% discount for all the eneloop products - http://www.onlineshop.com.sg/index.p...eyword=eneloop.

regretted my purchase ytd, haha.
    Last edited by ektang; 26th February 2010 at 12:33 AM.

A number of us get our eneloops here:
    http://shop.ebay.com.sg/tecpoint2139...&_trksid=p3686

Very good pricing for the eneloops in shrink wrap packing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12