Thread: Enquiry on sd card

Default Enquiry on sd card

Just bought a 8gb card for my KX.The shopowner ask me to format the card before using.Kindlly advise should i format it first? if need to format is it right click on the card and select format?

Default Re: Enquiry on sd card

Quote Originally Posted by gummy73 View Post
    Just bought a 8gb card for my KX.The shopowner ask me to format the card before using.Kindlly advise should i format it first? if need to format is it right click on the card and select format?
    You can format the SD card with your KX or use your PC.
    It's harmless even if you don't format, but it just to ensure the card has no other data when format before use.

thanks bro

Quote Originally Posted by gummy73 View Post
    Ya, its a good practise and common belief that you should format the card....

Esp after you copy the photos over from your card to PC, rather than delete it, format the card everytime.... common belief that deleting files over time may lead to corrupted files structure in future.... ...... formatting the card will rid of any such problem....

Whether to believe is up to individual....