Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: what do u guys make of this statement?

  1. #1

    Default what do u guys make of this statement?

    'Original box unopened. Arguably the best wide angle lens in the world and as far as I know, not available in Singapore. I have inspected it and lens is perfect.'


    almost contact the seller to deal but catch no ball with his statement.

    he x-ray it?
    use sony cam with the night filter(or something like that) to see thru?
    or he is clark-without-spect?

    give me clues, bros.

    TIA

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    2,548

    Default Re: what do u guys make of this statement?

    It says the guy is full of $hit and not to be trusted. I smell a rat. What lens / model / brand and so on. No lens is perfect for a start, that's more crapola on the sellers part.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: what do u guys make of this statement?

    I think you know the answer already.
    Looks like too good to be true, probability that it is not true is very high.

  4. #4

    Default Re: what do u guys make of this statement?

    Quote Originally Posted by bengchiat View Post
    'Original box unopened. Arguably the best wide angle lens in the world and as far as I know, not available in Singapore. I have inspected it and lens is perfect.'
    he got it from the factory, and they gave him an unopened box.

    tada!

  5. #5
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: what do u guys make of this statement?

    Quote Originally Posted by bengchiat View Post
    'Original box unopened. Arguably the best wide angle lens in the world and as far as I know, not available in Singapore. I have inspected it and lens is perfect.'


    almost contact the seller to deal but catch no ball with his statement.

    he x-ray it?
    use sony cam with the night filter(or something like that) to see thru?
    or he is clark-without-spect?

    give me clues, bros.

    TIA
    you mean this B&S thread?

    WTSell: Lens - Canon Zeiss Distagon T* ZE 21/2.8 (Canon EF Mount)

    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  6. #6
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: what do u guys make of this statement?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    he got it from the factory, and they gave him an unopened box.

    tada!
    no, box and lens are sold separately.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,911

    Default Re: what do u guys make of this statement?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    he got it from the factory, and they gave him an unopened box.

    tada!
    Yeah but he also said he inspected it ^.^

    Maybe it's seller speak for:

    I bought this silly expensive lens and now I'm having second thoughts cause in all honesty, maybe I should have bought that bungalow first.

    Or:

    I bought this silly expensive lens and dropped it one day while I was having a **** with it, so maybe I should sell it. Still looks perfect but I can't live with the thought that's it's been dropped.

    Or:

    I bought this silly expensive lens and drooled on it too much and now the electrics are fried. I'll just shovel it off to some unsuspecting feller who'll just assume that his drool did the damage.

    Or:

    I just bought this silly expensive lens and I didn't notice the dust speck in my 2 hour examination at the shop. I shall resolve to be more careful but until then I shall palm it off to some unsuspecting feller who hopefully won't spend more than 2 hours looking for dust specks.

  8. #8

    Default Re: what do u guys make of this statement?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    no, box and lens are sold separately.
    maybe he bought an empty box, called it "original box" and left it unopened.

  9. #9

    Default Re: what do u guys make of this statement?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Yeah but he also said he inspected it ^.^
    no no no, lens not inside box ever


    but he has kept the box in a bombproof container, it is in pristine condition. you are paying for the box, not the lens.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,911

    Default Re: what do u guys make of this statement?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    but he has kept the box in a bombproof container, it is in pristine condition. you are paying for the box, not the lens.
    Buy box get lens free?

    Hmm I'm gonna have to have a chat with Warehouse Express and see if they can offer that ^.^

    Then I'll definitely tell them to keep the box :P

  11. #11

    Default Re: what do u guys make of this statement?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Buy box get lens free?

    Hmm I'm gonna have to have a chat with Warehouse Express and see if they can offer that ^.^

    Then I'll definitely tell them to keep the box :P
    warehouse express

  12. #12

    Default Re: what do u guys make of this statement?

    Quote Originally Posted by bengchiat View Post
    'Original box unopened [Possibly an oversight on his part]. Arguably the best wide angle lens in the world [Agree with him] and as far as I know, not available in Singapore. I have inspected it and lens is perfect. [How to refute if you haven't seen the goods]'

    almost contact the seller to deal but catch no ball with his statement.

    he x-ray it?
    use sony cam with the night filter(or something like that) to see thru?
    or he is clark-without-spect?

    give me clues, bros.

    TIA
    So give the seller a break. if you are not interested in the item move on to the next. it could have been an honest mistake but dont cast aspersions on the integrity of the seller.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,911

    Default Re: what do u guys make of this statement?

    Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    So give the seller a break. if you are not interested in the item move on to the next. it could have been an honest mistake but dont cast aspersions on the integrity of the seller.
    To be honest, taking the mick aside, and without having seen the original ad, what was put in the first post is the kind of thing that is classic red flag i.e. be very wary about any potential trade.

    It might well be legit, but the statement as given in the first post, does sound suspicious.

  14. #14

    Default Re: what do u guys make of this statement?

    its just as bad as a WTS thread that was selling a brand new lens that is more 20 years old in condition 9.

  15. #15

    Default Re: what do u guys make of this statement?

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    its just as bad as a WTS thread that was selling a brand new lens that is more 20 years old in condition 9.
    maybe the seller put it in dry cabinet wrapped up in neoprene for 20 years, leh?

  16. #16

    Default Re: what do u guys make of this statement?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    maybe the seller put it in dry cabinet wrapped up in neoprene for 20 years, leh?
    then how did the condition 9 come about?

  17. #17

    Default Re: what do u guys make of this statement?

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    then how did the condition 9 come about?
    he licked it once before he put it in

  18. #18

    Default Re: what do u guys make of this statement?

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    then how did the condition 9 come about?
    maybe he want to say "nice" but only has 9 for rating.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  19. #19

    Default Re: what do u guys make of this statement?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    he licked it once before he put it in
    that's why he know it's nice
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  20. #20
    Member Sispecho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    451

    Default Re: what do u guys make of this statement?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Yeah but he also said he inspected it ^.^

    Maybe it's seller speak for:

    I bought this silly expensive lens and now I'm having second thoughts cause in all honesty, maybe I should have bought that bungalow first.

    Or:

    I bought this silly expensive lens and dropped it one day while I was having a **** with it, so maybe I should sell it. Still looks perfect but I can't live with the thought that's it's been dropped.

    Or:

    I bought this silly expensive lens and drooled on it too much and now the electrics are fried. I'll just shovel it off to some unsuspecting feller who'll just assume that his drool did the damage.

    Or:

    I just bought this silly expensive lens and I didn't notice the dust speck in my 2 hour examination at the shop. I shall resolve to be more careful but until then I shall palm it off to some unsuspecting feller who hopefully won't spend more than 2 hours looking for dust specks.

    wow 2 hours to inspect dust???? man get a life!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •