Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11161920212223263146 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (44!!) You'll Never Walk Alone!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (44!!) You'll Never Walk Alone!!

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    last minute equaliser..
    but still, that puts all of them within 4pts of our position..
    things are looking up with bro rodz's return! 8)
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

The One-Club Sunday Gossip

Posted 14/03/10 08:40

Rafa Benitez is a goner.

Or at least that's what the Sunday tabs are saying in a variety of different ways.

According to the Sunday Mirror, Liverpool have already begun to 'prepare for life without Benitez' with support for the beleagured Spanaird 'collapsing' in the boardroom.

'The Spaniard is just 12 months into a five-year contract and Liverpool would prefer a mutually agreed end to his six-year reign,' the newspaper adds. 'Real Madrid and Juventus both have Benitez on their wish-list of potential new coaches, while Inter Milan face the prospect of losing Jose Mourinho this summer.'

Meanwhile, The News of the World says that Benitez 'is considering his Anfield future as Liverpool chiefs line up a new 100million investment in the club. The Kop boss has reached breaking point and accepts it is now virtually impossible to take the team forward.'

Whilst Liverpool fans might take heart from the NotW's report that a 'New York-based private equity firm have begun due diligence with a view to buying around a 40 per cent stake in the club,' there may be some alarm at the People's claim that Real Madrid 'have made Steven Gerrard their No.1 transfer target - and believe they can land the Kop superstar for 30million.'

That claim follows hot on the heels of Fernando Torres admitting he will think about his future at Liverpool if the club do not buy the players needed to turn them into Premier League contenders.
    When asked by Spanish newspaper AS if he planned to leave the Reds if they failed to qualify for the Champions League, Torres said: "It's too soon to talk, I honestly think that we're going to be fourth, but for me Champions League qualification isn't so important.

"The really important thing is that the club makes a big effort and brings in important players, who will improve the quality of the squad.

"We need four or five top-class players to compete, better than we have here, who will make us grit our teeth and do everything we can to try and keep our places.

"Without reinforcements next year we will once again be fighting to be fourth.
    "I want to fight next year to win the Premier League, to win the Champions League or the Europa League, but for this there have to be signings."

Referred back to the initial question about his future, Torres added: "There are so many circumstances and so many things that you have to take into account that it is too soon to talk about that. But I have this and three more years of my contract.

"I've left my home and it's clear that I owe Liverpool many things, and I'm very happy here.

"The fans have treated my like one of their own, but I'm going to think about my future and hopefully it will be here. I think these fans deserve to win.

"Beyond thinking about me, I think the club deserve to get back to winning (trophies), but they know themselves that right now that it's far off.

"The fans are worried about players going, it's a problem when you start to fear that your players are going because you know it's because the club is not moving forward, but I don't think that is going to be the situation here.

"Since the arrival of (managing director) Christian Purslow Liverpool have had an important boost, we signed with a big-money sponsor to match Real Madrid, then things are going to go forward."

OFFER MADE TO HELP CUT LIVERPOOL`S DEBT
    Posted 14/03/10 14:20

Tom Hicks and George Gillett have been offered a way of relieving the financial pressure at Liverpool after global investment firm the Rhone Group made a 100million-plus offer for a 40 per cent stake in the club.

Liverpool's co-owners have been looking for an injection of cash to help reduce the current level of debt leveraged on the club.

When they successfully renegotiated the terms of their loan with the Royal Bank of Scotland last summer one requirement was that they had to cut 100million off the 237million debt.

Liverpool chief executive Christian Purslow set a deadline of Easter to have secured new finance.

After much speculation over the source of potential investors, Press Association Sport understands the submission from the Rhone Group is the first genuine offer to be received.

If the offer is accepted by Hicks and Gillett it would considerably strengthen the club's financial position.

The people behind the Rhone Group bid have been keen to stress that the offer comes in the form of fresh money - not borrowed - which would immediately be used to slash Liverpool's debt by nearly half.

That would have the effect of immediately making the Merseysiders a more attractive option for outside investment.

It would also dramatically reduce the 30million a year interest payments to service the debt and improve the club's appeal to lenders, which could, in turn, lead to cash being secured to finally begin work on the long-awaited new stadium in Stanley Park.

If successful the Rhone Group's bid would give them the controlling interest in the club, with Hicks and Gillett reducing their shareholding to 30% each.

Details of the offer were only received by Liverpool on Saturday and the matter has yet to be discussed at board level.

There have been suggestions on Sunday that the American co-owners are looking for a better price but with the clock ticking on the time they have to meets RBS' requirements it may yet prove to be a viable option.

Founded in 1995, the Rhone Group have their headquarters in New York, although sources close to the bid have assured Liverpool fans vehemently opposed to Hicks and Gillett that this should not be seen in any way as another American investment.

The group have other offices in London and Paris, where one of its two owners Robert Agostinelli currently lives, and are considered a global company rather than solely US-based.

Sources also tried to reassure fans concerned about a private equity company buying into the club by stating Rhone have a reputation for being conservative investors and are not short-term opportunists.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    The One-Club Sunday Gossip
    OFFER MADE TO HELP CUT LIVERPOOL`S DEBT
    I think the problem lies with the owners...not RB & not the players...

They have incurred tonnes of debt on LFC...now we cant even sign someone good enough...

I doubt both Torres & Gerrard would leave LFC...but them staying will also much depend on what promise the owners make to convince the 2 that there will be a few major signings to beef up the team next season... that is also another doubt though...

manC & villa drew over the weekend...

we have to win tonite's game to gain some ground...if all the other teams that are competing for the 4th place win their game/s in hand...max points will be manC at 53...so thats a 5-points advantage...spurs & villa will be at 52......against us with 48 from 29 games...we shld beat portsmouth tonite...even if they come here with nothing to lose...

hope i can stay awake to watch the game tonite...

somethings never change.

Com'on LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!!!

You'll Never Walk Alone!!

i'll wave maggie Q's and Elva Hsiao's red g-strings tonight! bro rodz remember to wave ur speshow Dirty Kite's translucent g-string ok!!!

somethings never change.

Com'on LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!!!

You'll Never Walk Alone!!

i'll wave maggie Q's and Elva Hsiao's red g-strings tonight! bro rodz remember to wave ur speshow Dirty Kite's translucent g-string ok!!!
    today, if u dun see cc post at 4am, 4:45am, 5:30am, u'all know who's been sleeping on the job and who to humtum, and who to award an extra c to..

today, if u dun see cc post at 4am, 4:45am, 5:30am, u'all know who's been sleeping on the job and who to humtum, and who to award an extra c to..
    cc so busy waving his sack, he forgot to check in..?
    3 goals to the gd, but still cannot slack off..
    for bro rodz's efforts, ur return has made a marked difference..!

Good 1st half...not the best...

Ok 2nd half...SG could have been redcarded...poor defending by Carra to conceed a goal,he was the nearest man to the goalscorer...2 Torres goals...

Babel played ok...

Aquilani did well enough,though only against portsmouth...

Lucas & Kuyt didnt play...

Insua in my opinion was shaky...

There are rooms for improvements...i'm sure RB will rectify that...

Everything else is lining quite nicely for our trip to old toilet this sunday...

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post

Ok 2nd half...SG could have been redcarded...poor defending by Carra to conceed a goal,he was the nearest man to the goalscorer...2 Torres goals...

Babel played ok...

Everything else is lining quite nicely for our trip to old toilet this sunday...
    u were quite smart to take out stevie b4 he got the red.. 8)
    cant really blame jamie, he was having to look in front and behind cos defenders caught flat cos midfield awol..

time to get ready for a fight at old toilet..
    how many more limbs can cc grow within that period?
    we need to hang some more gee's on him..

u were quite smart to take out stevie b4 he got the red.. 8)
    cant really blame jamie, he was having to look in front and behind cos defenders caught flat cos midfield awol..

time to get ready for a fight at old toilet..
    how many more limbs can cc grow within that period?
    we need to hang some more gee's on him..
    paiseh, i was at anfield waving the g-strings form maggie Q n elva.

finally some good tactical move by bro rodz.

well done boys

the return of Bro Rodz does make a hell lot of difference

Deregistered

bro rodz u must come in and fire up this thread this weekend...

we are all counting on you!

Member/Tangshooter

SWEE!!! Hong lai liao!

Buang Mancity! Buang Mancity!
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

I think we'll play with almost the same tactic & set of players at old toilet...the 1st 30minutes of the 1st half this morning was fast...that will surely catch manure defence stranded as they are known to be slow on the turn...juz get fast strikers running behind their defenders...we have Torres & Babel for that...Aquilani looks good to start also...hopefully we can see SG kissing the camera again...

Deregistered

I think we'll play with almost the same tactic & set of players at old toilet...the 1st 30minutes of the 1st half this morning was fast...that will surely catch manure defence stranded as they are known to be slow on the turn...juz get fast strikers running behind their defenders...we have Torres & Babel for that...Aquilani looks good to start also...hopefully we can see SG kissing the camera again...
    i think this time he will lick the camera..

Win by a good margin

Well done Bro Rodz and CC, both must have played their respective parts.

I think for once, we play with a positive formation and went in with the right attitude.... Well, as the commentators has predicted, this sunday u will prob see the return of Kuyt (which is ok i feel) and lucas (well... better dont say...)!

honestly, based on form, there's no way to drop aqualiani... if he has to drop someone to accomodate his lovechild lucas, it would be maxi rod or even SG... i think Aqualiani played very well and at least Babel tried hard.

Babel played ok...

see the pattern now? hope they stay at the bench.

guys guys, dun get so excite juz cos ahqua ll had a lot of space to do some passing..

different kkj team "got different characteristics" (if i quote bro rodz rite), cannot expect to use the same tricks and expect to succeed..
    will expect to see guys who can run longer, tackle harder in the hope that got 1 loose ball and kio sai..
    that is the away game pattern..