Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10151819202122253045 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (44!!) You'll Never Walk Alone!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (44!!) You'll Never Walk Alone!!

i guess the team had lost all faith in rafa... even our vice-captain sound it out already.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
    That is the scary part loh. You never know what the Yankees are going to line up to replace Rafa. The new manager taking over would take us forward or backwards, and it may take some time (few seasons) to rebuild the team to what the new manager wants again.

lol a new manager can give abit of hopes. Rafa nowday is nosedive to the valley liao.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    lol a new manager can give abit of hopes. Rafa nowday is nosedive to the valley liao.
    Why I get the funny feeling that LFC is saving up their energy n focus for next weekend?
    EOS 40D;50mm f1.4 ; Lancer EX Sports 2.0
    Fan of Man Utd since 1977

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    Why I get the funny feeling that LFC is saving up their energy n focus for next weekend?
    WA~!! bioshock!! its a ZOMBIE!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

ANFIELD HOT SEAT

Liverpool monitoring McLeish contract talks

By Harry Harris, Football Correspondent

Birmingham City boss Alex McLeish is again being linked with the Liverpool manager's job after initially being revealed as a potential candidate to replace Rafa Benitez by Soccernet on March 5.

Reports in the UK press claim that Liverpool are closely monitoring McLeish's contract talks with Birmingham and Soccernet has been told that the Scot represents the cheap option to replace Benitez.

McLeish has a buy-out clause of just 1 million in his contract, which expires in 18 months, which means that figure could now be negotiable, if Liverpool decided to move for the Blues boss.

However, Soccernet has also broken the story this week that Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill is the even bigger name in the frame, should Benitez join Juventus in the summer and therefore forfeit any compensation settlement.

"There is a great deal of talk within the game that Martin O'Neill is highly regarded by Liverpool's American owners," an insider with contacts to the boardrooms of all the Premier League clubs told Soccernet.

"I've heard Alex McLeish's name mentioned, but Martin O'Neill would be the much stronger candidate, and if you asked my opinion he would take the job if it were offered to him."

Benitez signed a new lucrative contract a year ago, committing him to the club until 2014, and Soccernet sources have already told us that it would "cost 15 million in compensation to sack Benitez - and that is why Liverpool won't even think about sacking him".

Liverpool lost the first leg of their last 16 Europa League tie at Lille 1-0 on Thursday to intensify the pressure on Benitez. Even the most hardened Liverpool supporter who has been backing Benitez all season, must now realise that his days are numbered. Only his expensive compensation package is keeping him from any internal debate about his future.

However, if Liverpool fail to finish in the top four, the position Benitez has "guaranteed", then his backing among the loyal fans will evaporate fast.

American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett have been trying, and failing, for some months to raise 100 million of new investment, but clearly no one is rushing to take a minority stake and then work with two other co-owners.

If there is no new investment, the summer brings a troubled time of trying once again to refinance the debt, and only a low budget new manager would be possible, while Hicks and Gillett cannot fail to be impressed how the former Scotland and Rangers manager McLeish has stablised Birmingham in eighth place on a modest transfer budget.

If Liverpool's results continue to dive in the Premier League, it won't be long before Birmingham will be catching them up.

martin o'neill please. not some kkj by the name of alex mcleish!

TORRES REVEALS LIVERPOOL DOUBTS

Posted 13/03/10 12:38

Fernando Torres has admitted he will think about his future at Liverpool if the club do not buy the players needed to turn them into Premier League contenders.

Liverpool are currently sixth place in table having played more games than all of their main rivals for the fourth Champions League berth.

And having also failed in both domestic cup competitions and lost the first leg of their Europa League last-16 tie with Lille on Thursday, it could end up being a season to forget for the Reds.

However, more than the quest to finish fourth, Torres believes the most important thing on Liverpool's horizon is that they make a major assault on the transfer market this summer.

When asked by Spanish newspaper AS if he planned to leave the Reds if they failed to qualify for the Champions League, Torres said: "It's too soon to talk, I honestly think that we're going to be fourth, but for me Champions League qualification isn't so important.

"The really important thing is that the club makes a big effort and brings in important players, who will improve the quality of the squad.

"We need four or five top-class players to compete, better than we have here, who will make us grit our teeth and do everything we can to try and keep our places.

"Without reinforcements next year we will once again be fighting to be fourth.

"I want to fight next year to win the Premier League, to win the Champions League or the Europa League, but for this there have to be signings."

Referred back to the initial question about his future, Torres added: "There are so many circumstances and so many things that you have to take into account that it is too soon to talk about that. But I have this and three more years of my contract.

"I've left my home and it's clear that I owe Liverpool many things, and I'm very happy here.

"The fans have treated my like one of their own, but I'm going to think about my future and hopefully it will be here. I think these fans deserve to win.

"Beyond thinking about me, I think the club deserve to get back to winning (trophies), but they know themselves that right now that it's far off.

"The fans are worried about players going, it's a problem when you start to fear that your players are going because you know it's because the club is not moving forward, but I don't think that is going to be the situation here.

"Since the arrival of (managing director) Christian Purslow Liverpool have had an important boost, we signed with a big-money sponsor to match Real Madrid, then things are going to go forward."

even torres has lost confidence in raf999 and the brokeback cowgals.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    martin o'neill please. not some kkj by the name of alex mcleish!
    Martin O'Nothing or Alex McLose .....no diff le.
    EOS 40D;50mm f1.4 ; Lancer EX Sports 2.0
    Fan of Man Utd since 1977

Bros...good morning...have not been in for such a long time due to some health reasons & back from a short vacation...

Not a good time for our LFC but we are all loyal fans...sure we make noise but thats what fans are for...

Will post more comments later...now checking some photos...

Nice to see some manure frens come visiting...well...thats expected of them when they are riding high...

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    Bros...good morning...have not been in for such a long time due to some health reasons & back from a short vacation...

Not a good time for our LFC but we are all loyal fans...sure we make noise but thats what fans are for...

Nice to see some manure frens come visiting...well...thats expected of them when they are riding high...

health problem? hope you are ok
    all LFC fans have health problem, we lost too much blood

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    Martin O'Nothing or Alex McLose .....no diff le.
    ok la, where got as fiercesome as ur SAF, right?

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post

take care ah!!!

ok la, where got as fiercesome as ur SAF, right?
    Wu Ying Jiao !!!!!!!!!!

Deregistered

liverpool fc store having 15% discount...
    discount code 15MARCH15

bought a 86 retro double winners jersey

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    Wu Ying Jiao !!!!!!!!!!
    doesnt saf use this:血滴子 (the flying guillotine)?
    albeit, the downsized version, the flying teacup saucer..

get well soon bro rodz, thou art needed pitchside..

welcome back bro rodz.

Deregistered

Had a good laugh..

Yeah.. brudder Rodz come back to lift our spirit up again..

sunderland leading mansiptea 1-0 at half time!!!! GOOT!

sunderland leading mansiptea 1-0 at half time!!!! GOOT!
    last minute equaliser..
    but still, that puts all of them within 4pts of our position..
    things are looking up with bro rodz's return! 8)