Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8131617181920232843 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (44!!) You'll Never Walk Alone!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (44!!) You'll Never Walk Alone!!

Quote Originally Posted by hanqiang1011 View Post
    Ya... U Never wave with ur 3rd leg, thats why Reds no power... COM ON...
    wa, that one if i can successfully wave, i will be the NEW JACK NEO.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    Its time for Rafa to do the honorable thing and accept that things are not working as planned. The starting 11 with all but one current international...

Reina (Spain), Mascherano (Argentine), Carragher (ex-fringe England), Kyrgiakos (Greece), Insua (Argentine), Lucas (Brasil), Gerrard (England), Maxi (Argentine), Kuyt (Holland), Benayoun (Israel), Torres (Spain).

... could not put together passes beyond the back 4, and even that one failed when Wigan scored. I would prefer the owners paid Benitez the 5 mil as compensation, thanked him for his services, and then pay 5 mil and bring in some special manager and buy no new players for the next season, rather than spend 15-20 mil on new players and be at the same state next year.

-- marios
    finally u've seen the light!

welcome!!

RAFA BENITEZ: LIVERPOOL LACK INTELLIGENCE

SHELL-SHOCKED Rafa Benitez lambasted his Liverpool side for lacking “intelligence, character and fight” as their Champions League hopes nosedived in a miserable defeat by Wigan.

http://www.express.co.uk/football/vi...k-intelligence

Why he scold himself??

sigh..

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post

SHELL-SHOCKED Rafa Benitez lambasted his Liverpool side for lacking “intelligence, character and fight” as their Champions League hopes nosedived in a miserable defeat by Wigan.

Why he scold himself??
    haha...this is a good one. I never liked the Liverpool under Benitez. I would urge Juventus to quickly come and pry him away. Put Kenny Daglish back as manager and see if he can establish a team as good as what he has done in the 80s. The Liverpool then is like the Arsenal of today. Fluid passing, exploiting the flanks using John Barnes and Peter Beardsley, and great finisher in Ian Rush and John Aldridge. Unlike Arsenal of today, they actually win lots of titles.
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 10th March 2010 at 07:58 PM.

Why he scold himself??

come on, do the right thing and resign

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    haha...this is a good one. I never liked the Liverpool under Benitez. I would urge Juventus to quickly come and pry him away. Put Kenny Daglish back as manager and see if he can establish a team as good as what he has done in the 80s. The Liverpool then is like the Arsenal of today. Fluid passing, exploiting the flanks using John Barnes and Peter Beardsley, and great finisher in Ian Rush and John Aldridge. Unlike Arsenal of today, they actually win lots of titles.

i like the idea

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    i like the idea
    except for bro rodz aka rafa

Boss: Let's see real Reds

Rafael Benitez believes Thursday's Europa League clash with Lille presents his players with the ideal opportunity to show the 'real Liverpool' following their Wigan disappointment.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/lates...-see-real-reds

Nowday i really doubt what he said. Maybe the players also feel so.

Boss: Let's see real Reds

Rafael Benitez believes Thursday's Europa League clash with Lille presents his players with the ideal opportunity to show the 'real Liverpool' following their Wigan disappointment.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/lates...-see-real-reds

Nowday i really doubt what he said. Maybe the players also feel so.
    sian.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    sian.
    its an away game.. how much difference can they get when they will most probably play the same 11 players.. even Torres sometimes cant do things on his own..

the team needs to work as a team not an individual effort.. well, we will see the results..
    i wont be surprised if Pool cant even qualify for Europe at this rate..
    "If ur pictures aren't gd enough, u're just not close enough..." | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by iszan View Post
    its an away game.. how much difference can they get when they will most probably play the same 11 players.. even Torres sometimes cant do things on his own..

the team needs to work as a team not an individual effort.. well, we will see the results..
    nothing fazes me anymore...

i think only if raf999 remains in the job at the start of next season, now, that will be some surprise! kekeke

Quote Originally Posted by iszan View Post

still can lah.but be prepared it mite not be CL.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    i like the idea
    i dun.
    the king's last teams at celtic(he mentored barnes), newcastle didnt turn out too well..
    even that barnes team had some obvious weaknesses towards the end, if u were at kallang to see them in '91..
    (the only attacking idea they had was to pass the ball to barnes. in a friendly)..
    ok, the boss was graeme by then, but they were kenny signings..

if u judge by previous achievements, well, u know wat rafa has won and wat u think of him now.

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    i dun.
    the king's last teams at celtic(he mentored barnes), newcastle didnt turn out too well..
    even that barnes team had some obvious weaknesses towards the end, if u were at kallang to see them in '91..
    (the only attacking idea they had was to pass the ball to barnes. in a friendly)..
    ok, the boss was graeme by then, but they were kenny signings..

if u judge by previous achievements, well, u know wat rafa has won and wat u think of him now.
    I am not sure about Celtic. I thought he was building the Newcastle team and then something happened and he walked out. Then Kevin Keegan inherited his team and won quite a few things. Can't really recall...it's been so many years. I am not saying Danglish will definitely bring success but will be interesting to see the King of yesteryears in the modern game.

What did Rafa win before he arrived at Liverpool? And other than a couple of cup successes, he still didn't win the league. If I am not wrong, he was at Valencia before and also can only win cups and always play third fiddle to Barcelona, Real Madrid and maybe Deportivo in the league during those years. He has always been a No.3 or 4 man. You need someone to like Lippi, Mourino type to bring Liverpool up. His tactics and selections are weird at times.
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 11th March 2010 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    I am not sure about Celtic. I thought he was building the Newcastle team and then something happened and he walked out. Then Kevin Keegan inherited his team and won quite a few things. Can't really recall...it's been so many years. I am not saying Danglish will definitely bring success but will be interesting to see the King of yesteryears in the modern game.
    he took over fr "sexy football" gullit,went back to defensive basics (which was quite anathema to a team which at times have 9 outfielders with attacking instincts), and still couldnt get the wins.
    the natives got restless, u sound like u'd be familiar with what happens next..

like u, i cant recall if it was bobby robson or the nth coming of the toon messiah after that..
    8}

another similiarity with rafa i recall, in his last yrs as lpool manager, he sent out a varying combo of 6 defenders, 1 defensive midfielder in a few games, juz like rafa did one game recently..
    we moaned a bit abt that too, did we?

What did Rafa win before he arrived at Liverpool? And other than a couple of cup successes, he still didn't win the league. If I am not wrong, he was at Valencia before and also can only win cups and always play third fiddle to Barcelona, Real Madrid and maybe Deportivo in the league during those years. He has always been a No.3 or 4 man. You need someone to like Lippi, Mourino type to bring Liverpool up. His tactics and selections are weird at times.
    i didnt verify(u know how wikipedia gets), but here's the url:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafael_Benitez
    "Benítez guided Segunda División side Extremadura back to the Primera División in his first season in 1997, but the team was relegated the following season. He left the club, taking a brief break from football before returning to coach Tenerife in 2000. Benítez was appointed coach of Valencia and he proved himself to be amongst the top Spanish managers by winning La Liga in the 2001–02 season—Don Balón and El País named him Manager of the Year. In 2004, another league title and a UEFA Cup victory were added. "

i'd like lippi, but pretty sure i wun like moaninho..
    but i will shut up if any of them bring the league title back..

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    he took over fr "sexy football" gullit,went back to defensive basics (which was quite anathema to a team which at times have 9 outfielders with attacking instincts), and still couldnt get the wins.
    the natives got restless, u sound like u'd be familiar with what happens next..

like u, i cant recall if it was bobby robson or the nth coming of the toon messiah after that..
    8}

another similiarity with rafa i recall, in his last yrs as lpool manager, he sent out a varying combo of 6 defenders, 1 defensive midfielder in a few games, juz like rafa did one game recently..
    we moaned a bit abt that too, did we?

i didnt verify(u know how wikipedia gets), but here's the url:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafael_Benitez
    "Benítez guided Segunda División side Extremadura back to the Primera División in his first season in 1997, but the team was relegated the following season. He left the club, taking a brief break from football before returning to coach Tenerife in 2000. Benítez was appointed coach of Valencia and he proved himself to be amongst the top Spanish managers by winning La Liga in the 2001–02 season—Don Balón and El País named him Manager of the Year. In 2004, another league title and a UEFA Cup victory were added. "

i'd like lippi, but pretty sure i wun like moaninho..
    but i will shut up if any of them bring the league title back..
    haha!

i m desperate for the EPL title!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    nothing fazes me anymore...

i think only if raf999 remains in the job at the start of next season, now, that will be some surprise! kekeke
    If somehow we progress in this competition that we are left in, then Rafa would find reasons to stay! IF he completely messes up now also, I think the board would have to think long and hard whether they can afford to keep him (especially when you consider the high scoring wins of Arsenal and Man U).

Problem is, this board may not think as far as you would like them to think. Replacing Rafa is one thing, the last time they thought of replacing him, they spoke to Klinesman!! I doubt that Kilnsman is of the right caliber, and worse, that those board members who suggested and spoke to Klinsman would actually come up with the better name now...

Dumb Rafa, yes... but are you sure things will get better??

-- marios

Seriously I am not a fan of Liverpool now. They are not attractive to watch. There is little flair in their game. I really don't care if they can win the title but at least play more attractive football. Football is about entertainment. It's only the team that cannot entertain that starts getting physical and breaking people's legs.

I used to watch AC Milan alot cos of George Weah...he entertains. I used to watch Napoli alot cos of Maradona...he entertains....I used to watch Manu (sorry for bring this up here) cos of Ronaldo...he entertains. The whole Arsenal team entertains.

The present pool team is too industrial. There are no players that entertains

Martin O'Neill linked with Anfield job

By Harry Harris, Football Correspondent

"There is a great deal of talk within the game that Martin O'Neill is highly regarded by Liverpool's American owners," an insider with contacts to the boardrooms of all the Premier League clubs told Soccernet.

The other solution for Liverpool is that Benitez accepts the offer to coach Juventus. The Anfield boss has been linked with Juve for some time now, although there have been denials that a provisional deal has already been struck for Benitez to coach the Serie A side next season.

While McLeish would be a cheap option for Liverpool, O'Neill would be the big name capture that would appease those Liverpool supporters who continue to have faith in Benitez.

Quote Originally Posted by shunzi View Post
    Martin O'Neill linked with Anfield job

By Harry Harris, Football Correspondent

"There is a great deal of talk within the game that Martin O'Neill is highly regarded by Liverpool's American owners," an insider with contacts to the boardrooms of all the Premier League clubs told Soccernet.

The other solution for Liverpool is that Benitez accepts the offer to coach Juventus. The Anfield boss has been linked with Juve for some time now, although there have been denials that a provisional deal has already been struck for Benitez to coach the Serie A side next season.

While McLeish would be a cheap option for Liverpool, O'Neill would be the big name capture that would appease those Liverpool supporters who continue to have faith in Benitez.
    I hope O'Neil stays at Villa. They have been outside the top 4 consistently. Would be good he continues to make Villa try to break into the top 4.

Liverpool should not weaken their competitor by prying O'Neil. Search elsewhere...there will be many managers available after the World Cup.