Thread: Manual focusing Q

Default Manual focusing Q

In MF mode the I can achieved focusing confirmation (beep + green icon) but the picture view in LView is OOF.
    What could be the likely problem, Body or Lens?

tks

Default Re: Manual focusing Q

Uh, if you in MF, you press shutter it will take a photo, regardless whether your shot is focused properly or not =/

Quote Originally Posted by MintChoco View Post
    Uh, if you in MF, you press shutter it will take a photo, regardless whether your shot is focused properly or not =/
    That's not what he was asking...
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by nicotine View Post
    In MF mode the I can achieved focusing confirmation (beep + green icon) but the picture view in LView is OOF.
    What could be the likely problem, Body or Lens?

tks
    The focus confirmation is not exact; there's a margin of error. This is why using 100% magnification in live view can help. Also, don't forget that most lenses are not at their sharpest wide open.
    Alpha

I might sound stupid: How about switching it to AF first, focus lock and check on the live view? If the LV gives you a sharp view, then we can start trouble shooting.

Or mind to tell us your camera body model?

For me, the only problem I found in MF with the "green light" indicator is the eye piece diopter adjustment. But whenever the "green light" appears, I have no problem to get a in-focus image.
    思斌的部落格 - szeping.com
    Wedding/Event Photography - 10eyesGallery.com

I usually use liveview for fine tweaking focus after a gross focusing with the electronic focus confirmation. The appreciable 10x zoom on the liveview on my 5d2 ( for my static subjects ) makes tweaking much easier.

ryan

ok tks for the info.
    asking cos my 50 1/4 when twice to CSC
    1st on visit was only electrical adj. (got worst actually, hunting like there nite and day)
    2nd time was motor replaced after being not happy with the 1st. Still not happy with it..focusing still not very consistent
    might sent in again after CNY..till then more testing.

oh maybe my 50 is a LEMON

Likely reason is the lens calibration, especially for fast prime lens at wide aperture.
    Is it front or back focusing issue ?

If not lens issue, camera body plays a part too especially, pro bodies' AF confirmation is better & offers focus fine tuning function, in the case of Nikon. Not sure about Canon