Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Where to service Pentax DSLR?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Buona Vista
    Posts
    38

    Question Where to service Pentax DSLR?

    Hi. I've been using a K100D for last 2 years. Great camera with no problems all this time, so never looked for the local service center. But I read somewhere it's good to bring them in for servicing every so often. Anyway, thinking of selling it off and getting a K-x so thought I'd get it in tiptop condition first.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    "River end"
    Posts
    4,249

    Default Re: Where to service Pentax DSLR?

    http://www.emjay1984.biz/support

    Emjay Customer Care Centre
    #02- 62A, Peninsula Plaza
    111, North Bridge Road
    Singapore 179098

    Near City Hall MRT station & Funan IT Mall

    Tel: +65 63386313

    Operating Hours: Monday-Friday, 11.00 AM - 6.30 PM, Lunch: 2.00 PM - 3.00 PM

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Buona Vista
    Posts
    38

    Default Re: Where to service Pentax DSLR?

    Thanks!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Where to service Pentax DSLR?

    Hi
    Don't think you need to service the camera unless it broke down or your internal optics or sensor is dirty and you can't clean it. If you leave it in the drybox when not in use, even better. 2 years is not that long anyway.
    But if you do bring it in to Kelvin, do share what are the tasks done during servicing.
    Cheers
    PENTAXKR,18250,18135,35,40,70,600,AF360
    SONYA6000,1650,1855,18200,5018,3028,16,RX100M3

  5. #5

    Default Re: Where to service Pentax DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jediyam View Post
    Hi. I've been using a K100D for last 2 years. Great camera with no problems all this time, so never looked for the local service center. But I read somewhere it's good to bring them in for servicing every so often. Anyway, thinking of selling it off and getting a K-x so thought I'd get it in tiptop condition first.
    no need, to be honest, unless you have gotten dust that you don't like to DIY clean

  6. #6
    Senior Member darrrrrrrrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,208

    Default Re: Where to service Pentax DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    no need, to be honest, unless you have gotten dust that you don't like to DIY clean
    I had rusty screws on my K100D so I sent it in just before the warranty expired

  7. #7

    Default Re: Where to service Pentax DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    I had rusty screws on my K100D so I sent it in just before the warranty expired
    hrm.............

    i sold my k100d, i can't remember if it had rusty screws.

    i still wonder what the guy did with it, my asking price was pretty low. i think.

  8. #8
    Senior Member darrrrrrrrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,208

    Default Re: Where to service Pentax DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    hrm.............

    i sold my k100d, i can't remember if it had rusty screws.

    i still wonder what the guy did with it, my asking price was pretty low. i think.
    i also wonder what happened to mine, last i heard the buyer was considering IR-modding. i remember your sale thread, the red SR label got worn off right. because of you i gaffered over my SR label

  9. #9

    Default Re: Where to service Pentax DSLR?

    Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    i also wonder what happened to mine, last i heard the buyer was considering IR-modding. i remember your sale thread, the red SR label got worn off right. because of you i gaffered over my SR label


    it's ok, my k20d also SR label worn off.

    i guess i'll be holding onto it for a while though.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •