Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Yet another newbie question

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Yet another newbie question

    Hi everyone.

    A good weekend to all of you.

    I have a question abt rechargable batteries (Or more accurately, the GP Powerbank Batteries).

    I have 4 of the (1600mAh) GP rechargables and i was wondering, after using them for only an hour or so, would it be ok to recharge them again without draining?

    Would that spoil the battery?

    Kindly advise.

    Thank you.

    P/S I'm keen on getting a faster charger + 4 more batteries. Any in the market that are within the budget of $50? (That is, 1 fast/smart charger + 4 rechargables)
    Last edited by Wolfgang; 5th May 2002 at 11:00 AM.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  2. #2

    Default

    ya you can... the GP batteries is NiMH, so dont need to discharge. but u must take note of the charger. if u using the intelligent charger, it is ok. if u using the timer-based charger eg.GP powerbank II, it will overcharge your batteries.

    i got myself a MaHA intelligent charger $18 from mustafa n it works quite well. GP 1800 batteries cost $8.50 for 2 pcs. Sanyo batteries cost $14 for 4pcs.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Yet another newbie question

    Originally posted by Wolfgang
    I'm keen on getting a faster charger + 4 more batteries. Any in the market that are within the budget of $50? (That is, 1 fast/smart charger + 4 rechargables)
    Would you be interested in the Rayovac? Read here. It's heavy though, heard it's 1.4kg.

  4. #4

    Default

    Originally posted by kim
    i got myself a MaHA intelligent charger $18 from mustafa n it works quite well.
    What's the model?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Originally posted by ultrazoom


    What's the model?
    Is the Casio BC-3HA quick charger good?
    Takes 3 hours to charge 4 1600NiHM batteries.
    Comes with 4 casio batteries 1600NIMH rechargables.....

    Kindly advise....
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  6. #6

    Default

    MW4798 charger. tell the guy u want the famous $18 charger.

    think casio one is quite good, but it cost more. my $18 charger is quite ok for me, fully charge 4x 1800 batteries in just 3 hrs.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Originally posted by kim
    MW4798 charger. tell the guy u want the famous $18 charger.

    think casio one is quite good, but it cost more. my $18 charger is quite ok for me, fully charge 4x 1800 batteries in just 3 hrs.

    Hmm.. ok. Thanks.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •