Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Graphic Card

Default Re: Graphic Card

Quote Originally Posted by ahming111 View Post
    i heard of this card, how much did u get it for?
    My apologies dude.. I got the Asus EAH5770 CuCore with 1GB GDDR5. I made a mistake in my above post mentioning it as 5570

Since I bought quite a lot of stuff, I got a little bit of discount from the list price..It's retailing for 269 SGD if i'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Tay76101 View Post
    Ok, i seen you have no experience with ATI and other brands. You need to dig out it.
    I can't explain to all about ATI and other brands.
    I've been through probably about 20+ graphic cards from both brands. Is that enough experience? I can still up my ante if you need. So do enlighten us. How hard is it to just say why ATI is bad NOW? Remember, the police in Singapore used to wear shorts. Something to ponder about.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFy View Post
    I've been through probably about 20+ graphic cards from both brands. Is that enough experience? I can still up my ante if you need. So do enlighten us. How hard is it to just say why ATI is bad NOW? Remember, the police in Singapore used to wear shorts. Something to ponder about.
    Don't feed the troll He obviously has no clue on what he's talking about

Quote Originally Posted by geekbrains View Post
    My apologies dude.. I got the Asus EAH5770 CuCore with 1GB GDDR5. I made a mistake in my above post mentioning it as 5570

Since I bought quite a lot of stuff, I got a little bit of discount from the list price..It's retailing for 269 SGD if i'm not mistaken.
    It is S$279 from most shop in SLS. 269 is non-CUcore version.
    Last edited by Dark Matter; 5th February 2010 at 03:30 PM.
    A photo is an art painted by light.

Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post
    I would stick to nVidia cards for graphics work. ATI drivers haven driven me nuts and from what I heard, continue to do so.
    same man, now i regret usin ati
    When the shooting gets tough, the tough gets shooting.

but mine was the 4890 1gb. it cant even blow up full screen on my 32" full hd lcdtv display. my old GF8600gs & 8800GT could do it. wasting pixels man.

but the latest 5850 and 5870 is super tempting me to reuse ATI. all the test it performs better that GF285 and 5850 cos less. hmm.... i guess i ll jus wait for the fermi cards from nvidia.
    When the shooting gets tough, the tough gets shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutKev View Post
    but mine was the 4890 1gb. it cant even blow up full screen on my 32" full hd lcdtv display. my old GF8600gs & 8800GT could do it. wasting pixels man.

but the latest 5850 and 5870 is super tempting me to reuse ATI. all the test it performs better that GF285 and 5850 cos less. hmm.... i guess i ll jus wait for the fermi cards from nvidia.
    To me, I'm an independent tech reviewer and I'm not biased towards any brand name. This topic discusses about the current and the best bang for the buck graphic cards. If I were to say, ATi Radeon HD 5870 a single card crushes nVidia’s dual card GTX 295 and we’re talking about a heavy title such as Crytek Crysis @ 2560×1600

To me, nVidia has lost the "Cost of Oppurtunity" with DX11 cards whereas ATi is crushing nVidia in every aspect these days. Did you hear the budget USD 50$ ATi Radeon HD 5450 DX11 capable card announced last week?

Quote Originally Posted by geekbrains View Post
    Did you hear the budget USD 50$ ATi Radeon HD 5450 DX11 capable card announced last week?
    The cheapest Eyeinfinity support for triple monitor setup. Woot!

I have been holding back getting a third monitor because the Matrox option puts me off

Meanwhile lets hope the nxt generation CS5 products will harness much more of GPU for most of its demanding processes instead of hogging onto CPU.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    The cheapest Eyeinfinity support for triple monitor setup. Woot!

I have been holding back getting a third monitor because the Matrox option puts me off

Meanwhile lets hope the nxt generation CS5 products will harness much more of GPU for most of its demanding processes instead of hogging onto CPU.

Ryan
    You might wanna check this out dude

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...50,2549-3.html

Yes but ATI is slow than NVIDIA is faster. ATI will cause graphic card is broken down.

Not safe of 3 reasons for ATI
    -slow and lag
    -made in china
    -cheap of made the graphic card

Safe of 3 reason for NVIDIA
    -fast and no more lag
    -expensive made good of quality
    -reliable

I let you decide to choose above which safe or not safe.
    Don't buy any cheap graphic cards expect NVIDIA.
    I am knowledge about my computer.

I suggestion a NVIDIA Geforce series 9.
    Wow, how wrong can you get... Both Ati and nVidia have issues. nVidia is fabbed by TSMC in Taiwan, Ati chips are now fabbed in Germany and in the USA.

nVidia has had several class-action lawsuits of late for defective cards, where the solders came loose because the wrong, cheaper material was used... POOR QA.

And my Ati setup will cream a GeForce 9 setup any day in gaming. For Work-related DVI output, Ati has been great for me and the many workstations I configure so far.

You are obviously not "as knowledge" about your computer as you think.
    Alpha

Ok, i seen you have no experience with ATI and other brands. You need to dig out it.
    I can't explain to all about ATI and other brands.
    I've been assembling PCs since the 8086 days. I've been through the rise and fall of several graphic companies, including the old matrox, even the S3 ViRGE cards and 3DFX before nVidia bought them. In the last year, I've replaced 214 nVidia graphic cards because of the poor QA and the soldering issues. 354 of my company's laptops had to be returned for RMA because of the poor QA on nVidia chips.

In my own Gaming PCs, all the nVidia cards usually fail after the first year, right after warranty is over. The PCs running the good old matrox cards and the Ati cards, even the pre-AGP PCI cards, are still working.

Every laptop/PC running the Ati chips is still going strong.
    Alpha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123