Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Graphic Card

Default Re: Graphic Card

you guys might not believe it but I'm powering my U2410 with a Geforce 6600GTS from way back when... all 128MBs of graphics RAM... and I do heavy duty Photoshop work... as long as you don't game with it, it's still holding out...

Quote Originally Posted by Tay76101 View Post
    Yes but ATI is slow than NVIDIA is faster. ATI will cause graphic card is broken down.

Not safe of 3 reasons for ATI
    -slow and lag
    -made in china
    -cheap of made the graphic card

Safe of 3 reason for NVIDIA
    -fast and no more lag
    -expensive made good of quality
    -reliable

I let you decide to choose above which safe or not safe.
    Don't buy any cheap graphic cards expect NVIDIA.
    I am knowledge about my computer.

I suggestion a NVIDIA Geforce series 9.

WOW. 9 series? Do they still make those? IMHO. You need to update yourself a little more. Also ATI cards have been proven to be a little more bang for buck in terms of the bottom range during the past 1+ year. The nvidia equivalent (cost and spec) does perform a bit slower. Made in China? So what? These days, even the best of brands (EG: Sony, ASUS, MSI, etc) have their factories in China.

Lastly Intel has a factory in China. Are you going to stop using Intel CPUs and use AMDs instead? And as far as i know ATI/AMD does not have a wafer fab factory in China. I might be wrong about this.

It's another story of fanboys like how microsoft and apple does. I have no brand loyalty . I have both PCs and Macs... being a fanboy or having any brand loyalty only makes one narrowminded and constipated.

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    you guys might not believe it but I'm powering my U2410 with a Geforce 6600GTS from way back when... all 128MBs of graphics RAM... and I do heavy duty Photoshop work... as long as you don't game with it, it's still holding out...
    I sure do mate. It's not unbelievable... It also depends on which version of PS are you using. Software developers program/design their softwares along side the advancement of hardware. One of the few mistakes of recent times was Microsoft when they developed vista. They based their design of vista out of Moore's law and failed pretty badly.
    Last edited by KeeFy; 4th February 2010 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFy View Post
    I sure do mate. It's not unbelievable... It also depends on which version of PS are you using.
    it's served me through CS2 and 3... will upgrade my GPU when I upgrade to CS4/5, when there actually is a point to do it
    Last edited by theRBK; 4th February 2010 at 02:10 AM.

haha noob.

im dont know the price difference but for gaming 512mb and 1gb for 5770 have shown little performance difference. so u might save a bit by getting the lower capacity card.

Tentatively will be going for the Asus 5770 cucore as per geekbrains recommend. Since it is giving a HDMI cable ($60 worth) it will reduce price diff more. Now 4770 cost around 179 ad 5770 cost 279. if factor in the cable diff only $40. And will also allows me to play some hardcore game in future if I were to go back to gaming.

P.S. Is the free HDMI cable promotion still going on?
    A photo is an art painted by light.

using a quadro 580 FX on my workstation. IMO color calibration tools and a good screen is more important than a gfx card

Quote Originally Posted by alvinlovesu View Post
    using a quadro 580 FX on my workstation. IMO color calibration tools and a good screen is more important than a gfx card
    But a quadro FX580 will cost around 460 compare to a 5770 only 269.
    BTW my new office work station will be having a FX1800...which i just check the price to be 1299...O_o.
    A photo is an art painted by light.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Matter View Post
    But a quadro FX580 will cost around 460 compare to a 5770 only 269.
    BTW my new office work station will be having a FX1800...which i just check the price to be 1299...O_o.
    Well, i believe the only few times i really appreciated the power of the quadro was doing DTP on magazines. My gaming rig on a GTX260 handles basic photoshopping pretty well also.

hi,
    sorry for intruding but i'm also interested to a graphics card.

does the quality of the graphics card affect the way it appears on the screen?

how do we know it's a gd graphics card? by it's memory?

sorry, total noob here

Can use 9500 series card for PP, better purchase better monitor, and memory.

even buy NVIDIA GTX, and couple with i7, if monitor is not accurate, Image will still become lousy.
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

Quote Originally Posted by banana0ne View Post
    Can use 9500 series card for PP, better purchase better monitor, and memory.

even buy NVIDIA GTX, and couple with i7, if monitor is not accurate, Image will still become lousy.
    oh no, i'm actually thinking of using my LCD TV for monitor, will tht be bad?

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFy View Post
    WOW. 9 series? Do they still make those? IMHO. You need to update yourself a little more. Also ATI cards have been proven to be a little more bang for buck in terms of the bottom range during the past 1+ year. The nvidia equivalent (cost and spec) does perform a bit slower. Made in China? So what? These days, even the best of brands (EG: Sony, ASUS, MSI, etc) have their factories in China.

Lastly Intel has a factory in China. Are you going to stop using Intel CPUs and use AMDs instead? And as far as i know ATI/AMD does not have a wafer fab factory in China. I might be wrong about this.

It's another story of fanboys like how microsoft and apple does. I have no brand loyalty . I have both PCs and Macs... being a fanboy or having any brand loyalty only makes one narrowminded and constipated.
    You're absolutely right dude! ATI or AMD doesn't own any Fab anymore.. The AMD fabs are sold to Mubadala group and now it's an independent entity called Global Foundries with some controlling shares from AMD. AMD might sell off their shares completely in the due course. For the graphic cards, all the Evergreen chips are made in TSMC 40nm Tech..

Initially I was biased toward nVidia due to their Linux driver support as my mainstream PC is Linux..Now I'm more than happy with the ATI catalyst drivers for Linux

Quote Originally Posted by ahming111 View Post
    oh no, i'm actually thinking of using my LCD TV for monitor, will tht be bad?
    It would be.. The reason being no one manufactures IPS based TV's these days as it would be costing you a bomb. Further TN gives the refresh rate what people wants and tends to avoid motion blur with additional 120Hz or 240Hz refresh available these days. Some of the Samsung's good quality LCD TV's are PVA's which might give you a comparative feel to IPS.

Do note that size does matter As the pixel density differs according to the screen sizes, you might not want them so close to you

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    I agree..As long as it serves my need, I don't upgrade..I'm not a gamer..I was pretty happy with my nVidia Quadro FX as well as the GeForce MX440..But these were on AGP and my new motherboard comes with a 3 way crossfire config (2 x PCI-E X16, 1 x PCI-X8) and hence I went ahead with the Radeon HD 5770 which gives me the bang for the buck
    Last edited by geekbrains; 4th February 2010 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by geekbrains View Post
    You're absolutely right dude! ATI or AMD doesn't own any Fab anymore.. The AMD fabs are sold to Mubadala group and now it's an independent entity called Global Foundries with some controlling shares from AMD. AMD might sell off their shares completely in the due course. For the graphic cards, all the Evergreen chips are made in TSMC 40nm Tech..

Initially I was biased toward nVidia due to their Linux driver support as my mainstream PC is Linux..Now I'm more than happy with the ATI catalyst drivers for Linux
    Ok, i seen you have no experience with ATI and other brands. You need to dig out it.
    I can't explain to all about ATI and other brands.
    Enjoy to take photo anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ahming111 View Post
    hi,
    sorry for intruding but i'm also interested to a graphics card.

does the quality of the graphics card affect the way it appears on the screen?

how do we know it's a gd graphics card? by it's memory?

sorry, total noob here
    Read up the reviews on the internet dude.. There are tons already

Look for the below features and compare it with the other cards in your list..

GPU Core Clock
    Memory Clock / Memory Type
    Number of Stream Processors
    Number of Texture Units
    Number of ROPs
    Memory Bus Width
    Frame Buffer
    Transistor Count
    TDP
    Manufacturing Process

and last but not least "Price Point"

Quote Originally Posted by Tay76101 View Post
    Ok, i seen you have no experience with ATI and other brands. You need to dig out it.
    I can't explain to all about ATI and other brands.
    Prove me wrong with substantial data dude.. I entertain no Trolls..I won't respond to your sarcastic replies until you speak something meaningful..

Quote Originally Posted by geekbrains View Post
    I agree..As long as it serves my need, I don't upgrade..I'm not a gamer..I was pretty happy with my nVidia Quadro FX as well as the GeForce MX440..But these were on AGP and my new motherboard comes with a 3 way crossfire config (2 x PCI-E X16, 1 x PCI-X8) and hence I went ahead with the Radeon HD 5570 which gives me the bang for the buck
    i heard of this card, how much did u get it for?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Matter View Post
    Tentatively will be going for the Asus 5770 cucore as per geekbrains recommend. Since it is giving a HDMI cable ($60 worth) it will reduce price diff more. Now 4770 cost around 179 ad 5770 cost 279. if factor in the cable diff only $40. And will also allows me to play some hardcore game in future if I were to go back to gaming.

P.S. Is the free HDMI cable promotion still going on?
    Give a call to Fuwell dude..Look for WenXie as he kept his promise to get me the cable I missed to collect my Cable when I bought my card, I just collected it yesterday..I guess most of the stores in Sim Lim carries this promotion from Ban Leong. Just give any of them a call before you go.

PS: It's available until stocks last.. So you know what to do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast