Thread: R.I.P Spore's Richest Man!

Default R.I.P Spore's Richest Man!

Source

Singapore property tycoon Ng Teng Fong dies
    Posted: 02 February 2010 1156 hrs

SINGAPORE: Singapore billionaire property tycoon Ng Teng Fong has died.

Family friends have confirmed that the 81-year-old tycoon died on Tuesday.

Mr Ng and his family owns Singapore property developer Far East Organization and Hong Kong's Sino Group.

He was ranked Singapore's richest man in 2009 by Forbes magazine. His family net worth was estimated at US$8 billion in 2009, according to Forbes.

Mr Ng was said to have made his fortune on the property market, and owned at least a quarter of Singapore's housing market.

Far East Organisation developed more than 700 hotels, malls and condominiums in Singapore and Hong Kong, and owns Singapore's Fullerton Hotel.

Mr Ng was also one of Hong Kong's largest real estate developers. He was known for his frugal lifestyle, and till his death, still lived in his home of 30 years, off Dunearn Road.

Mr Ng had six children. His older son, Robert, and younger son, Philip, are in charge of the Hong Kong and Singapore businesses, respectively.

- CNA/sc

Default Re: R.I.P Spore's Richest Man!

wounder how this will affect property prices if at all
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    wounder how this will affect property prices if at all
    Was hoping too but i dun think it will even tickle the market lor!

imagine u are of of his grandsons, whatever system u want u have it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    imagine u are of of his grandsons, whatever system u want u have it right now.
    Haha he has no time for these. Too troublesome. Just hire a canon,nikon,leica etc guy and shoot what he wants.

salute-
    not to impress but shoot to express

My condolences.

Come cashless, go cashless. Life is not just about money all the time.
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    My condolences.

Come cashless, go cashless. Life is not just about money all the time.
    True, but he did not only make money, he play a part in changing the property landscape in SG as well. Also, he may have gone cashless but he also leave it behind to better the lives of his family, at least where money is concern.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    True, but he did not only make money, he play a part in changing the property landscape in SG as well. Also, he may have gone cashless but he also leave it behind to better the lives of his family, at least where money is concern.
    Usually when a rich man passes on, he will leaves behind a trial of family destructions with family members fighting over who to inherits what. Maybe the good think to do is to pass on the money to charity so that future Singaporeans can benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitan View Post
    Usually when a rich man passes on, he will leaves behind a trial of family destructions with family members fighting over who to inherits what. Maybe the good think to do is to pass on the money to charity so that future Singaporeans can benefits.
    Well 2 things here
    1) He played a part in changing the property landscape here in SG. Don't think anyone is going to challange this.

2) "Usually when a rich man passes on, he will leaves behind a trial of family destructions with family members fighting over who to inherits what"
    Not too sure about this. All we know are the case which were reported in the press which sometimes are blown out of proportion. There are many rich family who do not fight over who inherits what, more that those reported in the press.

yes, the tussle for family wealth is the ugliest thing one will ever see in life.

I hope the Ng's family members wont have to fight between themselves given the huge wealth.

You do not really need a lot of money to live life decently.

I do not understand why people need to fight for millions that they do not even need in the first place.
    I love photography but my photos suck!

I'm interested in how his passing is going to affect the company and that in turn may affect property prices, but going by SG's gov's policies, should not affect much.

give that man/family a break!
    always the Light, .... always.

at least when he died he left a legacy behind. the question is what will we leave behind when we go.

Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    at least when he died he left a legacy behind.
    ....He was known for his frugal lifestyle,........i find personally this his legacy, a lesson for us all

HS

Red face Re: R.I.P Spore's Richest Man!

is he clubsnap member also ?
    EOS 500D + EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM + EF 50mm f/1.8 II

i hope he is..
    not to impress but shoot to express