Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: suggestion MP3 players brand

Default suggestion MP3 players brand

im seriously hating ipod / itunes

1) they can only play mp3...no WMA
    2) when they copy songs from wma to mp3 they dont know how to delete the wma file!
    3) they give freaking lots of duplicates file whenever you try to import your folders from 1 computer to another computer.
    4) bloody expensive ipod
    5) cant change battery. - my nano seems to die in about 2-3 hours .okie its abt 4 years old.

hence im thinking of buying a new one NOT apple anymore...

must be able to play
    -mp3/wma
    -8GB & above.

any good suggestion.

zen price seemed relatively gd. as compared to apple/sony ( comparing same size).
    im no audiophile. so relative gd sound quality can liao
    i dont really care abt design/ease of use too... i just plug in my car and shuffle songs thats all.

any zen/samsung/sony users around to share.
    Flickr
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.

Default Re: suggestion MP3 players brand

am using the samsung YP-P2... why? it's just a simple drag and drop method when you want to upload songs and movies, pictures, etc... the music player software that comes along with it to be installed in your pc is not bad... i love the presets... it plays WMA, mp3, AVG... and most of all, it has a bluetooth that can transfer songs to your friend's phone in an instant... and importantly, you can synch it to your cellphone, so while you a re listening to your music, if somebody calls you... the mp3 player will alert you, the best part is, you can answer the call through the player itself! yes, you can pick up a call without having to find your phone from your bag/pocket... and it can remember the numbers that called you up/ numbers you called... yes, you can dial the numbers through the player, so you can just redial and call using the yp-p2 as well... so far, i haven't tried the upgraded yp-p3 coz am still satisfied with my yp-p2... and mind you, the sound it produces is very good... hope this helps!
    Why so serious... Son?

Support local brand! buy CREATIVE la.. i own the zen stone plus.. pretty good and cheap. If you want to play video, there's another series.. cant rem already. In terms of value for $, Creative is definitely the best, alongside maybe Samsung

Quote Originally Posted by wildsoyabean View Post
    im seriously hating ipod / itunes

1) they can only play mp3...no WMA
    2) when they copy songs from wma to mp3 they dont know how to delete the wma file!
    3) they give freaking lots of duplicates file whenever you try to import your folders from 1 computer to another computer.
    4) bloody expensive ipod
    5) cant change battery. - my nano seems to die in about 2-3 hours .okie its abt 4 years old.

hence im thinking of buying a new one NOT apple anymore...

any zen/samsung/sony users around to share.
    Well, I've had 4 iPods die on me over 3 years. (3rd - 5th gen)

Used Creative Vision M and Zen. Current Zen dieing out (buttons going crazy), but interface and sound wise is fine.

Thinking of going for either Cowon or Archos for its extensive file support and audio quality, with big memory bank a plus. Haven't checked on the market for about 2years though...
    Brand loyalty? Pffttt...| Got Flickr?
    I shoot JPEG (got a problem with that?)

cowon acutally looks quite good...any idea how much it cost.

i quite agree too that creative is value for $.
    Flickr
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.

Any of the Korean brands (e.g. Cowon, iRiver) or Creative. I won't use another Sansa.

I used to be a die hard iRiver fan until they stopped increasing their capacity past 1GB while the rest of the world moved on. Had several Creative and after several brand tries, am back to using one for the past two years - the X-Fi (love it because I'm using the 32GB ver. plus it has a SD expansion which I put a cheapo 16GB with some movies in it).

Another of my fav is the Intel player... which never survived past it's first incarnation. If you are a fan of big bass, Cowon's what you need. I had a Sansa once and sound was horrible.

I'm allergic to Apples.

Blog Entries

how about a mobile phone

Creative, cowon and iRiver. Also, the benefit is that you'll finally realize just how bad the sound quality of an iPod is.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Creative, cowon and iRiver. Also, the benefit is that you'll finally realize just how bad the sound quality of an iPod is.
    Hey! You and me... we're the same! I haven't actually tried an iPod so I don't know how bad that is, but I'd trust the word of anyone who enjoys the above three brands.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Any of the Korean brands (e.g. Cowon, iRiver) or Creative. I won't use another Sansa.

I used to be a die hard iRiver fan until they stopped increasing their capacity past 1GB while the rest of the world moved on. Had several Creative and after several brand tries, am back to using one for the past two years - the X-Fi (love it because I'm using the 32GB ver. plus it has a SD expansion which I put a cheapo 16GB with some movies in it).

Another of my fav is the Intel player... which never survived past it's first incarnation. If you are a fan of big bass, Cowon's what you need. I had a Sansa once and sound was horrible.

I'm allergic to Apples.
    If you are a fan of bass, stick to Sonys and Sansas. Cowons will disappoint with their roll-off. iRiver's last good player was the Clix2, everything after that wasn't up to par with the offerings from other brands.

Anyway, Cowons are cheap but you'll have to get them from Amazon. If you want to save the hassle, get a Sansa or Sony.

I especially recommend the Cowon D2+ and the Sansa Clip+, two amazing beasts in their own regard. I own the former, and the latter has garnered praise from audiophiles on Jaben and Headfi forums.
    Last edited by Cartman2000; 2nd February 2010 at 09:03 PM.

buy creative or iriver.. maybe sony.

I have used the 1st generation of ipod shuffle, then bought a Creative Zen Neon until it died recently, now using a Sony and i'm very happy with it.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

is Creative X-fi player the best of the lot in sound?
    I love photography but my photos suck!

I think iPod is not just about hardware. It's the iTunes shop that makes me an iPod slave. Some of my songs (Nobuo Uematsu's) are difficult to get in Singapore.

I know iTunes not available in Singapore... but there is a way to get songs from iTunes legally....

One of my colleagues praised iRiver for it's long lifespan.
    Last edited by Foxshade; 3rd February 2010 at 01:02 AM.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

The battery has to be replaced or it will become a piece of useless device. If the battery totally went flat and not able to charged, you can't even used it as a USB drive.

The battery replacement can be done by Apple, 3rd party, or DIY if you dare , depend on how much you willing to pay for it, to get it back to life, or let it die.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    If you are a fan of bass, stick to Sonys and Sansas. Cowons will disappoint with their roll-off. iRiver's last good player was the Clix2, everything after that wasn't up to par with the offerings from other brands.
    Okay, I think the same about Sonys. Yep you're right, Cowons bass may be proprietory but for pure bass guys, Sony is better. I can never bring myself to support Sansa - maybe they have improved since the initial days but they did lose one customer forever.

Quote Originally Posted by muvouser View Post
    is Creative X-fi player the best of the lot in sound?
    This is a very subjective question. As good as asking, Canon, Nikon or Sony camera
    Some like Creative, some hate Creative. Some like iPod, some hate iPod. Some like Sony, some hate Sony.

Use Rockbox on your iPod. It's an alternative firmware for it. Turns your iPod into a portable harddisk with music capabilities but you need to check whether your iPod is compatible with it. I've been using it for over a year and its fantastic.

I am using Sony X1060B. Previously using Cowon D2 and some other Sony, Cowon, Creative and Iriver model. Personally, nothing come close to Sony X series in term of SQ.

Bought a Sony S 745B for a family member. SQ is above avg and bundled noise cancellation earphone did a good job blocking out ambient noise. But noticeable differences in SQ compared to X series. Maybe you can wait for the new A series launching this month. Go chk it out at Sony SLS.

As for my Ipod Touch 3g, using it for movies, surfing, gaming, ebooks reading, PDA and most important of all... ear calibration.

Tried Samsung couple of time at show room. Sound pretty good but since i don't own one, couldn't comment much.

See if this helps:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/

Personally, I'm using a Cowon D2 and am pretty happy with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast