Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2010 formula 1 gulf air bahrain grand prix

Default Re: 2010 formula 1 gulf air bahrain grand prix

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    great to see massa and alonso in P2 and P3.

FERRARI!!!!
    Good to see them in the first 2 rows!

GO FERRARI!!!

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    great to see massa and alonso in P2 and P3.

FERRARI!!!!
    Better to see Red Bull at first place!!!!

Its ok for others to be behind!!!!

Looking at the way it turned out during qualifying yesterday, it felt like with the increased ride heights, most of the cars were struggling, especially in the new section of track made up of mostly 2nd gear corners, however with 160kgs of fuel could improve the cars' weight balance. The red bulls, mclaren & mercedesGP suffered some tyre wear on Friday during its respective long runs, especially on the super soft tyres. Ferrari remain a strong choice for the win on Sunday, but it depends largely on whether they call in Massa or Alonso first in the first tyre stops. However, given that Fernando qualified 3rd and is on the clean side of the grid, he is likely to be in the mix for the lead into the first and fourth corners.

There is a rumor going around that the red bull has some kind of device in which the ride heights can be reduced during the pitstops, which will improve the ground effect of the car.

My choice for the race:
    1. Alonso
    2. Vettel
    3. Hamilton

Saw this at ntv7 website.

Final Results!

1. FERNANDO ALONSO WINS FOR FERRARI IN BAHRAIN
    2. F. Massa
    3. L. Hamilton
    4. S. Vettel
    5. Rosberg
    6. M. Schumacher
    7. J. Button
    8. Webber
    9. Liuzzi
    10. Barrichello

Ferrari 1 - 2.

CONGRATS TO ALONSO AND MASSA!!!

FERRARI ON TOP!!!

:

Lol one of the most boring race ever. Why did they ever ban refuelling?

Quote Originally Posted by lioneldude View Post
    Lol one of the most boring race ever. Why did they ever ban refuelling?
    yalo. so dangerous if the car catch fire and goes to the fuel tank... somemore for those who retire at early stage of the race, the fuel wasted? or they reuse the fuel?

looks like since everyone got the same fuel weight, then not much overtaking?thats why its so boring to watch.lol

what an opening season... Ferrari 1-2!!!

however, it's rather a boring race. cars are running at sluggish pace (bcoz of heavy fuel load). comon, bring back refuelling!
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by kazeeee View Post
    yalo. so dangerous if the car catch fire and goes to the fuel tank... somemore for those who retire at early stage of the race, the fuel wasted? or they reuse the fuel?

looks like since everyone got the same fuel weight, then not much overtaking?thats why its so boring to watch.lol
    the fuel tank is located in a rubber bladder, in event of fire, there is a self containment system, plus an on-board extinguisher as indicated by the E sign enclosed in a circle on the side of the car

Ferrari 1,2!!!

Yay!!! as long as we get 1,2 its ok no matter where we start no need first row cos no confirm will go up the Podium!

There was not much excitement to be honest...i think every race will be more or less the same race strategy for pit stop adopted by most teams... unless it rains, let me know if its gonna to rain on the next race, then i might consider spending time watching...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    There was not much excitement to be honest...i think every race will be more or less the same race strategy for pit stop adopted by most teams... unless it rains, let me know if its gonna to rain on the next race, then i might consider spending time watching...
    there could be rain in the Sepang
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Sigh what a pity the Red Bull car lost power towards the last 12 laps...otherwise Red Bull would have been on top.

Great job to Vettel for a 4th place fiinish.

Schumacher is slow in the Mercedes.... what happened? But still good finish for an opening race after coming out of retirement.

Alonso drove well to win... but think he won due to techinical problem with Red Bull.

A comment about the commentator from ESPN. He is an ex team engineer, don't know his name. It's so difficult to understand him. He has some sort of Irish or Scottish accent. Should change him.

OVERALL ITS MORE BORING THAN LAST SEASON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
    Sigh what a pity the Red Bull car lost power towards the last 12 laps...otherwise Red Bull would have been on top.

Great job to Vettel for a 4th place fiinish.

Schumacher is slow in the Mercedes.... what happened? But still good finish for an opening race after coming out of retirement.

Alonso drove well to win... but think he won due to techinical problem with Red Bull.

A comment about the commentator from ESPN. He is an ex team engineer, don't know his name. It's so difficult to understand him. He has some sort of Irish or Scottish accent. Should change him.

OVERALL ITS MORE BORING THAN LAST SEASON!!!
    The mercedes is slightly off the pace.

Gary Anderson is a very knowledgeable bloke in the world of formula 1, he provides a lot of technical analysis of the current & emerging technology on Autosport and Formula1.com. He was the former technical director at Jordan, Steward & Jaguar.

rosberg lose his place to L.ham during his pitstop which took a sec longer...

other than Vettel problems, i dun see any drama or changes to the race position... was watching transformer instead...

i think FIA should impose a mandatory minimum 2 pitstop requirement for all teams, this will create more drama and strategies on pitstops and tyre choice will be more critical...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

The mercedes is slightly off the pace.

Gary Anderson is a very knowledgeable bloke in the world of formula 1, he provides a lot of technical analysis of the current & emerging technology on Autosport and Formula1.com. He was the former technical director at Jordan, Steward & Jaguar.
    Hmm this Gary chap sounds like a good technical guy. It matters not how much he knows if others understand about 70% of what he is speaking. I find his accent a little difficult to understand. He writes better than he talks. He has some limitations as a commentator.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
    Hmm this Gary chap sounds like a good technical guy. It matters not how much he knows if others understand about 70% of what he is speaking. I find his accent a little difficult to understand. He writes better than he talks. He has some limitations as a commentator.
    I have no problems with listening to his accent. Maybe because i've been following the ITV and BBC f1 coverage for since 2007, i find them fine.

However, F1 technical stuff is not easy for those who are not well versed in the techinical field/engineering of the sport, hence this is why you may not understand well certain terms, e.g. wing stall, etc.

Perhaps you didn't understand why the vent from the front of the cockpit resulted in air blowing over the rear wing gives less drag. Were you confused that if more air over the rear wing should result in more drag?

I have no problems with listening to his accent. Maybe because i've been following the ITV and BBC f1 coverage for since 2007, i find them fine.

However, F1 technical stuff is not easy for those who are not well versed in the techinical field/engineering of the sport, hence this is why you may not understand well certain terms, e.g. wing stall, etc.

Perhaps you didn't understand why the vent from the front of the cockpit resulted in air blowing over the rear wing gives less drag. Were you confused that if more air over the rear wing should result in more drag?
    I'm an engineer by education and have a very good background in subjects like aerodynamics and fluid mechanics. Also an active practictioner of these in real life applications. So no problems understanding those terms you mentioned above.

Just can't catch the words that he says. Like I said he has heavy accent. Wish ESPN can find a better commentator.
    Last edited by kingpin; 16th March 2010 at 06:56 PM.

I see that's great. Tell u the truth, I don't like star sports, Steve Slater is a noisy dork who just goes on nonstop. I've nothing against Anderson for now. I've been catching the BBC broadcasts of Friday & Saturday broadcast and their team of Maurice Hamilton & Anthony Davidson is so much better. Plus they have pit lane reporters (Ted Kravitz & Holly Sommers) which go around snooping on the inside news, to update the people watching on telly what's happening. Starsports on the other hand just commentates in the action from a studio in London, & sometimes in Singapore but never live from the race track. They sent 1 guy there to grab interviews from drivers, but that's just pittance. Their coverage is the worst of what I have seen so far (BBC, ITV, Speed & StarSports). However since only a small percentage in Singapore follow f1 as a hardcore, their package will unlikely improve anytime in the next 3-5 years.

On the design used by the teams for 2010, I find Mclaren's design really worked cause u can see they are fastest in the speed trap, Lewis set 314 kmh on Sunday, but there is a question of whether should it be allowed or not, as it should count as a aero device that moves.

As for red bull they really cut it to the limit with thier exhaust positioned under the lower wishbone, as heat dissipation near the suspension components and the brake ducts at the rear will be a significant issue in high temperatures. Although red bull have pointed the fault to a damaged spark plug, no doubt a piece of exhaust broke from their left side of the car, blowing hot air onto the rear body work, which was slightly burnt.
    Last edited by lioneldude; 17th March 2010 at 12:48 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast