Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: do we have to be rude when someone offers a price you are not happy

to me, i think it is better to offer a price which seems reasonable ... after checking out the other posts in buy/sell section. get a approx figure, then only offer. by offering someone a really unacceptable amount, u are not only exposing yourself to some serious 'slamming' but also shows that you have not done your homework.

i was on the verge of replying a guy who offered me $400 for a 3 mth old olympus c5050 ... but decided not to reply at all, hoping he will wake up one day and realize the joke. i almost replied him with a simple sentence ...

"go rob a bank instead"

I guess Song depreciates electronic goods fast, he's selling his e-10 for $700.. its 2 years old already though.

Quote Originally Posted by reno77
    I guess Song depreciates electronic goods fast, he's selling his e-10 for $700.. its 2 years old already though.
    I really wish that Song would buy an EOS 1Ds now so that in a year's time when it has no more warranty, he could sell it to me for $2k. Eh....maybe $2.5k also can lah
    Last edited by Alf; 7th March 2004 at 01:22 PM.

Take the comment and move on. Is it so hard to take a rude comment? If it is start to learn how to take it now. It is a right for buyer to bid $75, also a right for seller not to entertain the bid. He is at least polite enough to reply, some do not even bother to reply. He is being frank, so is being frank wrong? How about lying to make one feel good?

Well, there are better things to do, like spending more time with family members than arguing about these.

Cheers
    Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by song
    Dear all,

i think they may have been misunderstanding of situation. The camera being offered for sale is not new. It is already one year old, out of warranty.
    So what? I don't see all used cameras being sold at ridiculously low prices.

Dear all,

i think they may have been misunderstanding of situation. The camera being offered for sale is not new. It is already one year old, out of warranty.
    Hei Song, guess anything thing sold here on the forum by another user can't be new, so we know the situation.

Almost a year old and amlost out of warranty doesn't mean you get to buy it dirty cheap. It sounded as if you were just trying your luck and did not do ya homework before placing your bid. I do not how how you arrived at the that kind'a price, but you know that it's still selling at SLS at about $300++ and yet you offer him at only a third of the current market price.

Well, then again, if the seller offer to sell the camera at that sort price, you might be asking things like "why issit so cheap?" and "why are you spoiling the market?", am I not right?

All in all, I just think that you have no case here with the thread you had posted. Cheers.

The people who are putting up stuff for sale hope to gain fair recompense for their items, when you offer a price that is beyond a reasonable exchange, don't blame the other party for getting mad at you. I would give it to you too if you pulled a stunt like this on me.

His earlier msg was this.
    Being frank, I think you had offered a 'out of this world' price for it. If I were him, I would have answered the same way that he answered to you too! Maybe, you should think about your own actions too!

wah this thread still going~~

The below is from someone in clubsnap who posted that he wanted to sell some stuff. Name removed and details are not included to avoid starting a verbal war. His camera is abt a yr old.

what do you think about my question in the title
    be sensible about your quotes. you should have ask yourself how much would you sell if you are the owner. $75, i doubt so.

peace.. the seller wasnt really rude, he was jus pissed and giving a frank reply..

would it made u feel better if he says he will consider even though there is no chance of selling at tt price
    RentCamera@SG 82237153
    http://www.rentcamera.com.sg

Dear all,

If i was the seller, i will just ignore you! he was nice to reply you Song!

Quote Originally Posted by Alf
    I really wish that Song would buy an EOS 1Ds now so that in a year's time when it has no more warranty, he could sell it to me for $2k. Eh....maybe $2.5k also can lah
    no need lah, just offer him $75.

he wasn't rude, just direct and he did explain.

Quote Originally Posted by renegade
    to me, i think it is better to offer a price which seems reasonable ... after checking out the other posts in buy/sell section. get a approx figure, then only offer. by offering someone a really unacceptable amount, u are not only exposing yourself to some serious 'slamming' but also shows that you have not done your homework.
    I think renegade made a very good point on the "homework" part. I think buying or selling things online is a skill. If you don't do your homework to check out the market price and the second hand prices, you would either offer too little or too much. That's the main reason why some people offer ridiculously high (or low) prices on Yahoo auction.

Think apart from technological depreciation, there's also some other considerations like the demand for the product. I think A60 second hand would easily be around the $200 range... yes, it's one year old with warranty. But it's a camera that have a lot of function that other consumer dc doesn't offer. Furthermore, it's a Canon!

guys, I think we can stop discussing this already. Song prob knows what's wrong by now. no need to keep harping on it.

OK, everyone's pussyfooting around this a little, very frank and coming straight - you got a lousy feel for price and you don't know it , and you think you right in your assessment

cheers, move on with life

We have certainly learnt something from this.

song has his opinions about electronic equipment (he sold his E10 at his own ridiculous estimation) depreciation, and he did do his homework. ( He did check at SLS afterall).

Its about being well informed on the norms about electronic auctions, and I don't fault both parties as they both have an expectation about the product.

Its just a matter of not meeting of the minds (by a far shot)

move on, and don't feel so bad by all the comments generated, song.

Treat other's the way u want to be treated.
    how would u react if someone offers u $75 for ur A60 ?

i guess nobody here would be jumping in at song if he'd to sell his a60 for $75.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast