Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drybox woes!

Originally posted by klein
    besides giant where else can buy digital hydrometer cause i dont know where is giant and at what price?
    Home-Fix DIY is another place

why didnt this thread didnt come on earlier arrrgh......

am-pro boxes really that bad???

i hate myself for buying it

Originally posted by klein
    why didnt this thread didnt come on earlier arrrgh......

am-pro boxes really that bad???

i hate myself for buying it
    no lah...mine is ok...and has a 5yr warranty. bought de ampro drybox few weeks ago. de readings on de hydrometer was a bit erratic during de first few days...plungin to 30% @ one particular point but i opened de door several times and readings increases slightly to a 50%. it has stabilised to a reading to 40-50% since then.

will definitely get a digital hydrometer juz to be safe.

Yup, Home-Fix DIY sells hydrometer too, but prices are much higher than Giant. Giant can be found at IMM, Parkway Parade and Turf City (I think). I bought mine at Giant - PP for $29.90. The DIY shop near my place sells at $35. Exactly the same thing.

Alternatively, you can go to Sim Lim Tower for your hydrometer.

Originally posted by erwinx

Home-Fix DIY is another place

Hi all. I have got the AM-Pro 50L drybox too, and not surprising, i face the same problem as all other owns. The "stuck at 30%" problem.

So last week i went to Slim Tower level 3 or 4 to get a hydrometer. With a internal clock that can record Max/Min Temp and Humidity within 24 hrs, according to the manual, the accuracy is plus minus 1%. And the price can reduced from the listed price of S$35 to S$26 with GST. I just told that sales lady that i am buying for a friend and has a budget and S$35 is too high, so she immediately said that if i welling to pay the GST of S$1, she will sell it to me at S$25. So total S$26.

Then put it in my drybox, and surprisingly i find that the analog meter in the drybox give me reading of less that 5% different from the digital meter, which is declare in the drybox manual, provided my digital meter is accurate, i think i can be so unlucky as to get 2 spoiled meter, right. And since last Fri until today, my drybox has stabllised and giving me reading of 42-43%. Still under observation, will try to make it go up to between 45-50%.

Hope this is useful.

Originally posted by serendipity
    Hi all. I have got the AM-Pro 50L drybox too, and not surprising, i face the same problem as all other owns. The "stuck at 30%" problem.

So last week i went to Slim Tower level 3 or 4 to get a hydrometer. With a internal clock that can record Max/Min Temp and Humidity within 24 hrs, according to the manual, the accuracy is plus minus 1%. And the price can reduced from the listed price of S$35 to S$26 with GST. I just told that sales lady that i am buying for a friend and has a budget and S$35 is too high, so she immediately said that if i welling to pay the GST of S$1, she will sell it to me at S$25. So total S$26.

Then put it in my drybox, and surprisingly i find that the analog meter in the drybox give me reading of less that 5% different from the digital meter, which is declare in the drybox manual, provided my digital meter is accurate, i think i can be so unlucky as to get 2 spoiled meter, right. And since last Fri until today, my drybox has stabllised and giving me reading of 42-43%. Still under observation, will try to make it go up to between 45-50%.

Hope this is useful.
    what is the brand of the hydrometer u bought???

is am pro really that bad? i'm busy looking for a dry box these days, can any1 recommend me one for $70-80? really appreciate it, thanks!

Originally posted by shuy
    is am pro really that bad? i'm busy looking for a dry box these days, can any1 recommend me one for $70-80? really appreciate it, thanks!
    hmm .... nv try Am Pro b4 ... but as u know ... it's a notorious brand over here at this forum ... (well .. at least) ... If i were u, i would rather pay more to get a quality dry box ... well... u gain for every cent u paid ~~

If u bought any Olympus Ditigal camera, u can get 30L Olympus
    dry box for just $1 at Hight Street Centre Olympus show
    room and just show your warranty card to them to get the item.

but that olymupus camera u must buy is in $1000++ range leh very ex also

I got C-730UZ at $800 and paid $1 for my dry box.

Originally posted by taicw

Just out of curiousity, will a very low humidity level be a problem? Don't see anything wrong with your reading at 38% or never being above 48%.
    From what I know or was told, the so called "suitable" humidity level has a direct relationship with how often you use your photographic equipment.

Setting to too low a humidity may have a detrimental and drying effects on the camera or lens mechanisms and more so if you are a user who only use your equipment sparringly once per month or few months.

Frequent users may want to set the humidity low (40% plus minus) or lower than those "lazy" users like myself who was led to believe humidity is best set at around 50%.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12