View Poll Results: Do you venture into the pond like he does ?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 29.41%
  • No

    12 70.59%
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Venture into the pond ?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore (SengKang)
    Posts
    2,789

    Lightbulb Venture into the pond ?



    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Fwah tripod also masuk pond?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    beebox
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    i rather shift the flower nearer.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore (SengKang)
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twilo
    Fwah tripod also masuk pond?
    Yup submerged into the pond except for the head ?
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

  5. #5

    Default

    i hope this is not Botanic Gardens or any Nparks park. It is definitely against regulations. But more importantly it poses a risk to the plant/fish/animal life in the pond. I think you should submit the photograph of this person to Nparks and make a report if it was in the Botanics.

    Of course, if its the photographer's own personal koi pond in his home, he can do what he likes i suppose.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore (SengKang)
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erwinx
    i hope this is not Botanic Gardens or any Nparks park. It is definitely against regulations. But more importantly it poses a risk to the plant/fish/animal life in the pond. I think you should submit the photograph of this person to Nparks and make a report if it was in the Botanics.

    Of course, if its the photographer's own personal koi pond in his home, he can do what he likes i suppose.
    I guess he was just too engrossed into shooting the frogs on the flower. I don't think there were any fishes in that pond, except for those frogs.
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    the poor tripod.....

  8. #8
    Member patch17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    728

    Default

    one frog leap between his legs,
    one expensive piece of camera equipment leap into the pond.

    frogs: 1
    photog: -3,000+

    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore (SengKang)
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patch17
    one frog leap between his legs,
    one expensive piece of camera equipment leap into the pond.

    frogs: 1
    photog: -3,000+

    Those frogs are tiny.. I think around 1cm in size ?
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

  10. #10
    Member patch17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by majere2sg
    Those frogs are tiny.. I think around 1cm in size ?
    ha ha... even worse. what if one of them decides to crawl up his leg and seek the family jewels. (i'm pretty sure not only the frogs will be hopping that day.)
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

  11. #11

    Default Me saw him too

    Quote Originally Posted by majere2sg


    I have also seen this man this morning. He was using a D2H, and he dropped something into the pond, cannot recover, cable release was also soaked in water too. Garung man. He was there with another foreigner photographer using a D100. Cool man. He even brought a torch light (those use to illuminate night wedding photography).

    He also ended up taking bird picture. Garung guy. Respect him man.
    Last edited by forbytes; 7th March 2004 at 12:31 AM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore (SengKang)
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forbytes
    I have also seen this man this morning. He was using a D2H, and he dropped something into the pond, cannot recover, cable release was also soaked in water too. Garung man. He was there with another foreigner photographer using a D100. Cool man. He even brought a torch light (those use to illuminate night wedding photography).

    He also ended up taking big picture. Garung guy. Respect him man.
    Were you the one using a Canon L lens ?
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by majere2sg
    Were you the one using a Canon L lens ?
    Nope, looks like but I am using Minolta G lens. I was with a girl. If you have my photo please send it to me please.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Near the Clouds
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Isn't this in BG?
    I know that pond well enough.

  15. #15

    Default

    Me the Storm Trooper with the little L. What's up? Liked the idea of using the torch too
    Last edited by FiveIronFrenzy; 7th March 2004 at 12:40 AM.

  16. #16
    Moderator Clown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,779

    Default

    yes that's definately BG.

  17. #17

    Default

    Looks like many of us were there at the same time.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •