Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Harper's Bazaar & Ion Photography Awards

Default Re: Harper's Bazaar & Ion Photography Awards

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    my friend, i will not bow down to a person who has chosen to nitpick at a statement because of an argument elsewhere in another thread.

i detest such petty people, and obviously, the idea is deterrence, so that at least if he does so again in future, he will think twice because he might end up looking like a fool.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...19#post5822919

cheers.

in any case, it's too late for him.
    Yes.... but guys, please respect the thread-starter and the competition and take the argument elsewhere... in PM, in emails, whatever fancies you.

Guys, its still worth doing it for the fact that its a personal measure of your capabilities. At the very least if you know your pics are being used by the magazine , this means you are up to standard to be selected and print. You'll be confident to charge more.
    5DMk2,400D,EOS3 50mm F1.4,28-75 F2.8,GRDIII 28mm F1.9
    www.flickr.com/jenson_goh

Let's see.... Name-calling, insults, proclamations of superiority of arguments instead of letting third-parties make up their own minds...

Signs of desperation, and perhaps grudges.

strawman argument. i did not claim that all stand-alone suppositions should be taken as facts.

let's see, i never said that a was not a supposition. and i always, always lumped a,b,c together. please see former posts for more information.

nonetheless, taking a into account, b is a fact, not a supposition, contrary to what you said earlier. why have you not retracted that statement? trying to dodge the bullet?

as i said, you don't get it. i'm sorry that i lost you at a, because that's the only thing you seem to be focusing on, despite being utterly destroyed on all other counts. and even then, you fail. sorry for the misunderstanding, i should dumb down my posts specially for you in future.

all i wished to do was to:

(a) provide information
    (b) so that people can make the right , informed decision

i think at the very least, that's done.
    I would say that's understating what you've done here.

Your posts show that you've gone far beyond providing information. You have actively pushed your negative opinion of these t+c's and said that the exposure is not worth it, in effect trying your best to discourage participation.
    Last edited by Xtol19; 5th February 2010 at 12:17 PM.

Ah its a fair exchange and not robbery on this Harper's Bazaar & Ion Photography Awards thing.Advice and info had been given so it's up to interested individuals to take the plunge
    it's about free will.Chill
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123