Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Tripod

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    94

    Default Tripod

    Hi is it very important to have a good tripod?
    compare to those that cost about $50 to those that cost $200++
    what is the different?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,667

    Default

    There are tripods that costs well over 1k as well.

    Main difference between these tripods would be their construction quality and load capacity. You get what you paid for. I suggest you make a trip down to Cathay photo to see for yourself the differences. I'm sure Steven from the tripod section would be more than happy to help you out.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    94

    Default

    compare to flashlight which is more important?
    Due to lack of money .He He H e

  4. #4
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,667

    Default

    Huh? How to compare like that? It depends on what you shoot. Only you can decide for yourself.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Hi kit
    actually i have a Am-Pro tripod, it is a very light alum tripod .
    afraid that it may not support my D70.But the built in flash for the D70 is very weak.that why need to decide what to get first?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,667

    Default

    Well, I still can't decide for you.

    For me, I would definitely get a stable tripod and head first because I shoot mostly landscape and architecture.

    I'm being biased here but here's a hint....... if you use "chopsticks" to support your camera, someday something is going to fall over and break. However, though your built in flash is weak but you still can use it.

  7. #7
    Member Jer76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by burnaway
    Hi kit
    actually i have a Am-Pro tripod, it is a very light alum tripod .
    afraid that it may not support my D70.But the built in flash for the D70 is very weak.that why need to decide what to get first?
    I recommend you get an external flash 1st.. for tripod u can rest your camera on stable surfaces or beanbags for the meantime.. dats how i take nite shots when i too lazy to bring out tripod.. oh ya to prevent shake you can trigger the camera by the timer mode

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Senior Member The_Cheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,278

    Default

    For me, tripod is quite important since I shoot mostly macro. It also acts as a good form of defensive weapon to deter any assailants!

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Thanks for all your advise.
    Thinking of getting the 190prob with the 141rc head.
    about how much it is selling.

  11. #11
    Member Jer76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by burnaway
    Thanks for all your advise.
    Thinking of getting the 190prob with the 141rc head.
    about how much it is selling.
    190proB selling for $150 at CP but i bought the last piece 2 days ago

  12. #12
    Senior Member The_Cheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,278

    Default

    Try and see whether anyone selling second hand in here. Usually 2nd-hand tripod would be in quite good condition, since most people don't use them often anyway!

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheatchu79
    Try and see whether anyone selling second hand in here. Usually 2nd-hand tripod would be in quite good condition, since most people don't use them often anyway!

    roger that will hunt around

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    新加坡
    Posts
    1,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheatchu79
    For me, tripod is quite important since I shoot mostly macro. It also acts as a good form of defensive weapon to deter any assailants!
    imagine cheatchu using tripod chasing away huge incoming bees.
    its funny..
    "I want to have the best camera in the world and shoot XMMs."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •