Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it necessary to calibrate our pc monitor for color??

Default Re: Is it necessary to calibrate our pc monitor for color??

Quote Originally Posted by rysouke View Post
    OK..i got the software and after calibrating my monitor...it look yellowish is that normal??

What kelvin did you calibrate to?

Quote Originally Posted by madmartian View Post
    I don't mean the missing function buttons. I meant the tilt of the laptop screen, as you said, being at the right spot with your eyes when working. That means we must always be almost or must be spot on at the angle while we viewing the laptop.
    Because a slight shift of the viewing height or different angle tilt of the screen gives you a different look as it is different from a table top monitor where the angle is fixed most of the time.
    That's the problem of TN panel which I believe most laptop are using. Different angle different contrast and colour. If screen is big enough top left and bottom right will look different. I also have this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by pchmj View Post
    That's the problem of TN panel which I believe most laptop are using. Different angle different contrast and colour. If screen is big enough top left and bottom right will look different. I also have this problem.
    Now I just tilt the Laptop screen at the same angle of my big monitor & the color are almost similar. OT a little, when laptop is hooked up to secondary monitor like what I'm doing now, what I want to know is where the output to the big monitor comes from? Is it from the laptop screen or is it direct from the graghics card?
    Take the shot!

OT a little, when laptop is hooked up to secondary monitor like what I'm doing now, what I want to know is where the output to the big monitor comes from? Is it from the laptop screen or is it direct from the graghics card?
    Of course it's directly from the graphics card. That's why you can manage what is displayed on each outlet: either cloning main display or expanding display. Check the various settings and system tools.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Of course it's directly from the graphics card. That's why you can manage what is displayed on each outlet: either cloning main display or expanding display. Check the various settings and system tools.
    Oh, ok, thanks
    Then how about calibrating the secondary monitor, for my case? If I calibrate the laptop, does it mean that it automatically calibrate the secondary monitor also or got to do a separate calibration for the secondary monitor. Sorry, I'm not good at this.
    Take the shot!

Oh, ok, thanks
    Then how about calibrating the secondary monitor, for my case? If I calibrate the laptop, does it mean that it automatically calibrate the secondary monitor also or got to do a separate calibration for the secondary monitor. Sorry, I'm not good at this.
    Calibration is for that particular monitor only so you need to do on both. The same setting will be displayed differently on different monitor, you can try on your own.

moving thread to digital darkroom...
    sigh.

Calibration is for that particular monitor only so you need to do on both. The same setting will be displayed differently on different monitor, you can try on your own.
    Ok, thank you
    Take the shot!

i have also notice that after calibrating my desktop and laptop..my laptop look more yellowish than my desktop and desktop one look more nicer when i look at my photo..
    500D/50mm f1.4/90mm macro/17-55mm/EX580 II
    My flickr

Quote Originally Posted by rysouke View Post
    i have also notice that after calibrating my desktop and laptop..my laptop look more yellowish than my desktop and desktop one look more nicer when i look at my photo..
    using the Spyder 3 Express?... I mentioned in another recent thread that the Spyder 2 Express can be a bit hit or miss due to its lack of customizability, wonder if that's still causing the prob in the 3 Express...

That depends on the Panel as well as the backlit dude..The contrast ratio differs for each panel depending on the backlit (CCFL, LED) and the LED can further be classified into uniform LED, Edge Lit, Pure White LED and RGB LED Backlit.

Spyder Express 3 can be a hit or miss while calibrating these monitors whereas you might have to use some other professional calibration software like Minolta Color Analyzer CA210 with 32 test colors or ColorEyes Display Pro with 24 test colors or Monaco Optix XR Pro with 24 test colors..

The monitor work hand in hand w/ the calibrating s/w.

Try to get minimum a IPS panel monitor for accurate colour management..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12