Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Questions on battery life of K-X

Question Re: Questions on battery life of K-X

Quote Originally Posted by airconvent View Post
    That was my pre-prime lenses days...heh heh.
    I went on the overseas trip and brought this lens along plus one other prime. In the end, except for 2 shots from the prime lens, I used the 18-250 exclusively because its so convenient. The following trip i did not even bother to bring a second lens along.
    At one of the NDP, to keep my set up light, again I brough only the 18-250 along.
    But agree if you want value for money, A Tamron 18-250 (or the newer 18-275) is basically the same thing less the SMC coating but cheaper so its more palatable for those who don't mind not having SMC.
    Not sure is the new Tammy 18-275 available in Pentax mount? Any idea on the pricing in Singapore?

Default Re: Questions on battery life of K-X

It's 18-270, and it's not available in Pentax mount. $900 I think for the Canon/Nikon mount
    I don't subsidize marketing campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by woefulwabbit View Post
    It's 18-270, and it's not available in Pentax mount. $900 I think for the Canon/Nikon mount
    yeah..just checked and the 18-270 not available yet for pentax mount but you can always get the sigma 18-250mm instead. The extra 20mm is not much anyway plus the price would be lower.
    PENTAXKR,18250,18135,35,40,70,600,AF360
    SONYA6000,1650,1855,18200,5018,3028,16,RX100M3

Sigma 18-250mm will be more expensive than the Tamron 18-250mm, since the Sigma version has OS.
    I don't subsidize marketing campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by woefulwabbit View Post
    Sigma 18-250mm will be more expensive than the Tamron 18-250mm, since the Sigma version has OS.
    The original Sigma 18-200mm did not have OS. I had that previously before upgrading to the pentax 18-250. Can't see a reason to buy a lens with OS with the camera already as AS..

Quote Originally Posted by sircam View Post
    Yup! Even after the battery indicator shows 'half capacity remaining'... I remember being able to shoot more than 200+ shots.

i have a new powerex 2100mah. battery.

the indicator will be green after few shots and eventually turn amber with another 20 shots.
    then it was RED all the way , but i can still shoot close to 150 shots.
    i tried this 2 times with different battery. 1 type is powerex 2100mah & energizer 2000mah

what is wrong ?

i can see CS here , the upfate firmware fixed the problem.

is it normal for the indicator to be RED ?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by lanxer View Post
    i have a new powerex 2100mah. battery.

the indicator will be green after few shots and eventually turn amber with another 20 shots.
    then it was RED all the way , but i can still shoot close to 150 shots.
    i tried this 2 times with different battery. 1 type is powerex 2100mah & energizer 2000mah

what is wrong ?

i can see CS here , the upfate firmware fixed the problem.

is it normal for the indicator to be RED ?
    It is not nornal for the indicator to turn red.Maybe you could try other batteries like the energizer ultimate lithium or you could pay a visit to kevin at emjay

i actually never bother about the batt indicator... maybe i just couldn't be bothered...

my K-x is about 2 months old and im still using the energizer alkaline batt since day 1...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    i actually never bother about the batt indicator... maybe i just couldn't be bothered...

my K-x is about 2 months old and im still using the energizer alkaline batt since day 1...
    mine kx was 1 month.. i used up last week..

but my first battery had a gradual battery depletion. i.e RED TO AMBER then RED.
    it took quite a while before i hit deplted from RED

maybe i should go see kevin of emjay...

Let me see if I understand you correctly:
    - Green -- a few shots (like 5 to 10?)
    - Amber -- 20 shots
    - Red -- 150 shots

Then battery run out completely.

Assuming firmwre updated and normal use (ie, some fiddling with settings, some reviewing of photos, a bit of live view), that seems like rather low number of shots.

Your batteries are new low self discharge batteries used out of the box? Or you talking about a fully charged up set? What charger you using?

Trying to help you rule out problems with batts or charging first before bringing the cam in.

Quote Originally Posted by watchthewaves View Post
    Let me see if I understand you correctly:
    - Green -- a few shots (like 5 to 10?)
    - Amber -- 20 shots
    - Red -- 150 shots

Then battery run out completely.

Assuming firmwre updated and normal use (ie, some fiddling with settings, some reviewing of photos, a bit of live view), that seems like rather low number of shots.

Your batteries are new low self discharge batteries used out of the box? Or you talking about a fully charged up set? What charger you using?

Trying to help you rule out problems with batts or charging first before bringing the cam in.
    i am using maha chargers and the powerex batt that comes with it.
    i have existing energizer 2100mah. been charged for over 10 times.

I will monitor again. currently my powerex newly bought.. shot over 50 pics, already in AMBER.
    However i have heard rechargeable will not reach their MAX power only til few charges

Quote Originally Posted by lanxer View Post
    i am using maha chargers and the powerex batt that comes with it.
    i have existing energizer 2100mah. been charged for over 10 times.

I will monitor again. currently my powerex newly bought.. shot over 50 pics, already in AMBER.
    However i have heard rechargeable will not reach their MAX power only til few charges
    Did you remember to change the battery setting to NiMH?
    Once set, switch off and let it wait a minute or so before powering on again.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456