Thread: Depressed

Default Depressed

An actress commented on the papers today that its the silent ones who are the strongest. Well, guess I'm not.
    -------------------
    4-3-04:I awoke this morning and found a dead bird by the corridor. I was slightly amused by the absurdity of finding a dead bird by one's door step early in the morning but then the sadness set in. It was the same bird that had been flying to my place for the past few weeks. I had grown to look forward to seeing and hearing it every morning. It brought joy with its company and melodious singing. But now I'm saddened by the void it had left in my heart with its departure. It is not unlike losing a long lost friend, a close companion.

Thing is, I had thought abt the joy this bird has brought me and was just wondering not too long ago about the pain I would experience should it leave. It was a wild bird and I could never have kept it even if i wanted too but i had hoped that one day perhaps, i could. Now, it'll never be possible.

my condolences then....

heye Kelvin,

everything in life has a time, has a place and a story to tell. Once the story is told, what will the listener do?

Instead of death, see life as a new beginning. Where the memory of this bird, its story exclusive to you, lives in you

Quote Originally Posted by iamasaint
    An actress commented on the papers today that its the silent ones who are the strongest. Well, guess I'm not.
    -------------------
    4-3-04:I awoke this morning and found a dead bird by the corridor. I was slightly amused by the absurdity of finding a dead bird by one's door step early in the morning but then the sadness set in. It was the same bird that had been flying to my place for the past few weeks. I had grown to look forward to seeing and hearing it every morning. It brought joy with its company and melodious singing. But now I'm saddened by the void it had left in my heart with its departure. It is not unlike losing a long lost friend, a close companion.

Thing is, I had thought abt the joy this bird has brought me and was just wondering not too long ago about the pain I would experience should it leave. It was a wild bird and I could never have kept it even if i wanted too but i had hoped that one day perhaps, i could. Now, it'll never be possible.

, did it die of bird flu??
    Don't be too sad, maybe it loved you too much that it came to see you
    with its last breath. Sweet memories last forever. If you have kept it, it might have died even earlier as wild birds do not like to live in captivity.
    Last edited by innovas1; 5th March 2004 at 10:53 AM.

Thanks guys. I wish I could add on to what you guys have said but I dun know how or what.

Your sharing of thoughts are much appreciated.

I would think of bird flu immediately and call in a pest team to get rid of the yucking dead body.

Your story is an anology of events that had happened in your life, I suppose.

Anyway I hope you feel better after unloading the emotional burden. Life will have to go on as it had millions of years. Events good or bad is an experience to savour in this journey. At the end you will realise it is the journey and not the destination that matters.

Cheers

Report to Town Council immediately!

They will take it away for immediate testing. I am serious. My sis-in-law is with the TC and that is what the govt ordered.

Anyway, take it easy.

take heart friend! cheers!

Default about loss and letting go..

It is part of life to handle death...life is transient, we should treasure the present.

if not for sadness, how would we know what happiness is?

Hi all,

thanks for the comfort. The bird that died wasn't the same bird after all. The one that I have come to be close to has returned and has been singing and chirping merrily again!

For those who had been concerned abt bird flu, thanks for your advises. I'm sure you meant well but this little sharing of the bird incident shouldnt be taken too literal. It is very much an analogy.

Cheers mates! I'm off to shoot again!

Here's my sad bird story that started one rainy day many years ago when I was in primary school...

It was a dark and stormy morning one day in 1987. While waiting for the school bus i spotted a sparrow lying on the grass unable to fly. I asked my mom to bring it back home to nurse it back to health. During the whole day in school the only thing i could think of was to go back home and play with the sparrow. When I returned home in the afternoon, as soon as mom opened the door, I asked her how the sparrow was doing. She told me it died a few hours after she brought it up, and she threw it away it the rubbish chute.

There is this persian cat down my block who was never let in to the owner's house. Becos of the long hair, it look wet and a little dirty but overall still quite nice. He is a very nice cat, never quarrel or fight with other cats and even share his food with others. He would usually sleep near that area.

2 weeks ago, while noone is around, he was beaten very badly dunno by who and 1 leg was broken. A volunteer from cat society send him to vet and 1 leg has to be amputated.

I wonder who did that

Yesterday I saw on NG teevee, it says in old days, people either view animals as good or bad then it shows scene where people torturing bears. Hunting bears, shooting it injured, tied it and more than 20 dogs attacking it. Got one stomach was bleeding and was tied on the electric railroad and these idiots pulling the bear's ears to take photo. They then connect the electric from the rail to the bear and electricuted the bear.

Sometime I feel that some people really deserve to suffer. Either they did not take care of themselve and put themselves in it or becos while making others living things suffer. Why becos humans are smarter? Maybe one day we shall see better develop aliens invading earth and therefore we humans deserve to suffer. Planet of the Apes?

It has been said that many living things depend on each other to survive but what is the purpose of humans in the earth? -> We have the power to preserve life of most living things.
    Last edited by whoelse; 16th March 2004 at 12:20 PM.

my hamster died 2 years ago.

We had always thought that he was fat and lazy. Even made fun of him by calling him 'tubby'. He was adorable and would often make half-ass attempts to grab at food presented to him. We laughed at his obese nochalance.

One day, he refused to eat and just sat in his cot, between feathers of wood flakes and dust, eyes half opened. He was breathing heavily so my mom brought him to the vet. The vet examined him and told my teary mom that the 'fat' in his tummy was a tumor and had turned cancerous. The only inevitable was to put him to peaceful sleep. Knowing that he must be in tremendous pain, and shocked by the truth of his condition, my mom numbly agreed.

As the needle pumped my hamster full of barbiturates, my mom saw him raise his tiny eyes to meet hers, and started tearing. He then rested his head down on my mother's palm, prostrating himself. His breaths fading into stillness; he left us.

I was at work and only knew this after he was cremated. As my teary-eye mom sobbed to me between gasps, I stiffened into rock. I don't know why, but i changed and went for a jog. As i ran hard against the cold chill of November, my panting was overtaken by racking heaves of a coughing cry. I must have ran a long time that day.