Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast

Thread: 30k savings, 35 y-o

Default Re: 30k savings, 35 y-o

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    but passive contentment in singapore sounds fatal to me..
    Again, it's up to individual.

I believe many have heard of "Simplicity is Beauty", that why it hardest to achieve being simple.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Oi! Keep your mouth shut.

She beings to question all those boxes in my 2nd room and the ones on top of the cupboard.
    Your mum know one lor by seeing those boxes, never think they are not well informed......

Quote Originally Posted by wildsoyabean View Post

i say she's rich. go china = 2.5million rmb!
    Never think this way... Go China will be rich? LOL

It also depend where u want to live in too and what kind of life u want to live....

CHina is not cheap for living too!

Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    Your mum know one lor by seeing those boxes, never think they are not well informed......
    But she doesn't know english. So doesn't matter.

I am a boxes collector.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    But she doesn't know english. So doesn't matter.

I am a boxes collector.
    YOu can tell her you are Garang GUni.......

Cannot Cannot.... later she sold all those boxes away!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    but i heard guys after NS generally commands a higher starting salary than women as contribution to nation?
    no?
    Not sure, I am just another Ang Moh whom migrated here because of a work opportunity in 1990. I may not be as cash rich as many people have said in this thread, but I am happy in what I do. I can still find work that earns 4figures a day, have a much wider network of people whom know me and what I can do.

I am more rich now in the sense of personal development, living and working with different people, and learning to adjust to different cultures.

I guess in many ways it comes back to EXPERIENCE, the more experience you have the more chances of earning more. Fresh out of NS into UNI work your butt off for a degree, enter the work force, you think YAY got degree can earn big $$$$, but it dont work that way, you need on the job hands on experience. You might KNOW the theory but can you put it into practice.

So you still need to crawl > walk > jog > run in life and in work.

Life is about experiences and working is about experiences, if you get it right you can translate that to $$$$. Or as we say constantly *Right Place Right Time*.

My brother was in that situation, he started off in banking, as a teller at 18, worked at jobs within the bank to help him further his potential. When the bank upgraded its IT, at 27 he was headhunted by the company which did the upgrade, travelled the world working for them.

From that experience, joined a company, bought in as partner, within 4 years they were bought out by another company, so by the time he was 36, had 7figures in the bank.

So when it boils down to the basic's, you control your own destiny and what path you take determines where you go in life!
    Last edited by Deyeno; 29th January 2010 at 01:07 PM.
    40D|BG-E2N|24-105L F4.0 IS USM |70-200L F2.8 IS USM

Say dont live in the city.

she can get a mansion @ 500 000 rmb. a servant for 360 000rmb(@1000rmb per month) for a servant (maid ) for 30 years, say 1000/mth (360000) rmb on food(ALOT in china), she would still have 1.2 million rmb left for other luxuries. my mum is 58. with this rate she can live till 88 doing nothing. of course...if she invest a bit...im sure she has more than egh $$ to last her life time.

yes i been to china...and check around before. stay away from cities things are dirt cheap. even in cities...decent food is dirt cheap .
    Flickr
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.

Actually your reply already answered your questions

We love your honesty! Here's my honest observation.

we're in different leagues.(please dont flame me, i'm just being honest)

if you ask me,
    $30k for a guy's savings...is pathetic(i'm asking to be flamed but seriously, you dont want me lying right?)

in liquid assets alone, i believe you need to have at least a 100k, whether it's for emergency, or for pampering yourself.

and lastly, yes, i dont need to find a rich bf/hubby.
    cos i earn much more than the typical singaporean guy.
    and let me tell you, that's one of the main reasons till to date i'm single.( so is it REALLY good for a gal to earn that much?i dont know.you tell me)
    let me tell you, good guys are not afraid of girls making more than them, but they are more careful with their characters and lifestyles. it is good for a girl to earn much more, but she must know how to separate this earning power of hers and her attitude to him and everyone around. It is usually not only Money that couples stay together for good .... RESPECT and Good Sex are just as important to any guys.

i have suitors, but i really do not know if they're out for my $ or for s. Definitely for the S and nothing else, unless they happen to be also Nikon lovers ...

it's hard to find a nice guy in singapore nowadays(again, no offense). Nice guys are plentiful, but i feel that not many nice guys would want to have anything to do with your lifestyle. Statistics show, lesser "nice" guys go for regular pubbing or drive fast cars (even though many of them can afford) ...

if you are in any way got offended by my honest comments, i apologise.
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Deyeno View Post
    Not sure, I am just another Ang Moh whom migrated here because of a work opportunity in 1990. I may not be as cash rich as many people have said in this thread, but I am happy in what I do. I can still find work that earns 4figures a day, have a much wider network of people whom know me and what I can do.

I am more rich now in the sense of personal development, living and working with different people, and learning to adjust to different cultures.

I guess in many ways it comes back to EXPERIENCE, the more experience you have the more chances of earning more. Fresh out of NS into UNI work your butt off for a degree, enter the work force, you think YAY got degree can earn big $$$$, but it dont work that way, you need on the job hands on experience. You might KNOW the theory but can you put it into practice.

Life is about experiences and working is about experiences, if you get it right you can translate that to $$$$. Or as we say constantly *Right Place Right Time*.

My brother was in that situation, he started off in banking, as a teller at 18, worked at jobs within the bank to help him further his potential. When the bank upgraded its IT, at 27 he was headhunted by the company which did the upgrade, travelled the world working for them.

From that experience, joined a company, bought in as partner, within 4 years they were bought out by another company, so by the time he was 36, had 7figures in the bank.

So when it boils down to basic's you control your own destiny and what path you take determines where you go in life!
    Nothing to do if you are Ang Moh or Local guys, i believe everyone get the same chance to achieve what they want, a life.

I can still find work that earns 4figures a day, have a much wider network of people whom know me and what I can do.
    Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by wildsoyabean View Post
    Say dont live in the city.

she can get a mansion @ 500 000 rmb. a servant for 360 000rmb(@1000rmb per month) for a servant (maid ) for 30 years, say 1000/mth (360000) rmb on food(ALOT in china), she would still have 1.2 million rmb left for other luxuries. my mum is 58. with this rate she can live till 88 doing nothing. of course...if she invest a bit...im sure she has more than egh $$ to last her life time.

yes i been to china...and check around before. stay away from cities things are dirt cheap. even in cities...decent food is dirt cheap .
    Will she? Or Will you?

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    Actually your reply already answered your questions

We love your honesty!Here's my honest observation.
    ALamal.... why u so like that one ah..... it's oreadi so obvious that u must die die let the cat out ah

we're in different leagues.(please dont flame me, i'm just being honest)

if you ask me,
    $30k for a guy's savings...is pathetic(i'm asking to be flamed but seriously, you dont want me lying right?)

in liquid assets alone, i believe you need to have at least a 100k, whether it's for emergency, or for pampering yourself.

and lastly, yes, i dont need to find a rich bf/hubby.
    cos i earn much more than the typical singaporean guy.
    and let me tell you, that's one of the main reasons till to date i'm single.( so is it REALLY good for a gal to earn that much?i dont know.you tell me)
    let me tell you, good guys are not afraid of girls making more than them, but they are more careful with their characters and lifestyles. it is good for a girl to earn much more, but she must know how to separate this earning power of hers and her attitude to him and everyone around. It is usually not only Money that couples stay together for good .... RESPECT and Good Sex are just as important to any guys.

i have suitors, but i really do not know if they're out for my $ or for s. Definitely for the S and nothing else, unless they happen to be also Nikon lovers ...

it's hard to find a nice guy in singapore nowadays(again, no offense). Nice guys are plentiful, but i feel that not many nice guys would want to have anything to do with your lifestyle. Statistics show, lesser "nice" guys go for regular pubbing or drive fast cars (even though many of them can afford) ...

if you are in any way got offended by my honest comments, i apologise.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    your dream car is a vios?

my little brother, you've got to aim higher.

i'm dead serious...
    totally agreed with jeanie ...

bro, aim higher la ...... why not a Camry?

totally agreed with jeanie ...

bro, aim higher la ...... why not a Camry?
    Mr Bean better.

Nothing to do if you are Ang Moh or Local guys, i believe everyone get the same chance to achieve what they want, a life.
    I meant I cant comment on the statement Jeanie made,

Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    but i heard guys after NS generally commands a higher starting salary than women as contribution to nation?
    no?
    Because I didnt do NS here or in NZ, was in the work force at 18, compared to here where a majority might enter at 24+.

Yes we ourselves control our destiny.
    40D|BG-E2N|24-105L F4.0 IS USM |70-200L F2.8 IS USM

ALamal.... why u so like that one ah..... it's oreadi so obvious that u must die die let the cat out ah
    alamat .... sori sori .... was having my lunch break so didnt read too deeply

I meant I cant comment on the statement Jeanie made,

Because I didnt do NS here or in NZ, was in the work force at 18, compared to here where a majority might enter at 24+.

Yes we ourselves control our destiny.
    Most important, is never live just for the sake of living

alamat .... sori sori .... was having my lunch break so didnt read too deeply
    lol....... it's deep enough.....

So when it boils down to the basic's, you control your own destiny and what path you take determines where you go in life!

oic, so you're an EXPAT.
    the ones which the typical singaporeans dislike ostracise.
    jus kiddin

4 digits in a day?just by saying that, you're already in singaporeans' hitlist.

Mr Bean better.
    Mr Bean owns a Mac Laren F1 (which he wrecked it) amongst other nice cars. that one aim too high liao

YOur bro single? Can intro intro to Jeanie? kekekekeke

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast