Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: 30k savings, 35 y-o

Default Re: 30k savings, 35 y-o

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post

But I always advise the young girls...... dont go looking for a rich guy...... you'll do better with a guy who has his head screwed on right side up , is capable, hardworking ...and loves you. The rest will fall into place
    i think jeanie zeh zeh will tell you that she doesn't need to look for a rich guy.

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    ... just take a walk around cineleisure, plaza sing and powerhse... i guess life is gg to be hard for them even at late 20s.. not to mention 30s or 40s, these types grew up so comfortable lives... how to endure hardships ??
    Looks like the parent will provide for them.....
    Anyway, how many youngster nowadays, really give their parent
    and their parent could really retire early.... not much I would say..sad

Quote Originally Posted by scanner View Post
    Looks like the parent will provide for them.....
    Anyway, how many youngster nowadays, really give their parent
    and their parent could really retire early.... not much I would say..sad
    you forgot to mention fareast and clark quay.
    not to impress but shoot to express

30k in 10 yrs is very little. It seems like he spend every dollar other than his 13th month bonus.

For a woman in her early 30s who is 24A-22-24, is she

A) Too unattractive
    B) Okay lah
    C) Wooo... sexy! Must have!

"Do not do unto others what you would not want others to do unto you" - Confucius.
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    annual salary with 5% incr 36,000 37,800 39,690 41,675 43,758 45,946 48,243 50,656 53,188 55,848
    Where got all these? 5% consistent increment for 10 yrs

I REALLY REALLY want to laugh my head off when i read you guys' replies.

anyway, thanks so much for all the answers!.

1stly, let me clarify, it's not whether i'm sizing him up to see if he's eligible to my bf/hubby.

2ndly, he's a classmate of mine, had lunch with him, and he told me about his 'assets', and would like me to advise him if it's sufficient in order to settle down comfortably.
    i cannot compare himself with how much i'm earning and how much savings i have.
    we're in different fields, different leagues.(please dont flame me, i'm just being honest)

i cant possibly screen through all the questions thrown at me from 4 pages,
    but by just having a glance, here are some more information

- he's single, but wanting to pao a gal.
    - he's acceptable.not yandao like tay ping hui or pierre png
    - he has a car, a vios.monthly should be...er...$500?not sure.how much does a vios cost btw?$50k?
    - he is staying with his parents but wants to rent a place until he gets ringed and go for Hopelessly Designed Buildings.
    - his' monthly is about $5k, that's BEFORE cpf deduction
    - photography is not his hobby, but he likes travelling so i guess the bulk of his income goes to travel.
    - stocks and shares, erm....i dunno.i didnt ask.

he told me his close friends are all about the same, not much savings, but some of them had finish their housing loans.

if you ask me,
    $30k for a guy's savings...is pathetic(i'm asking to be flamed but seriously, you dont want me lying right?)

in liquid assets alone, i believe you need to have at least a 100k, whether it's for emergency, or for pampering yourself.

and lastly, yes, i dont need to find a rich bf/hubby.
    cos i earn much more than the typical singaporean guy.
    and let me tell you, that's one of the main reasons till to date i'm single.( so is it REALLY good for a gal to earn that much?i dont know.you tell me)
    some guys i've met sees my car i drive for clubbing sessions, they straightaway feel i'm materialistic, and very difficult to 'maintain'.most of them feel it's because i have a super rich daddy, or sugar daddy...if you want to put it that way.

i have suitors, but i really do not know if they're out for my $ or for s.

it's hard to find a nice guy in singapore nowadays(again, no offense).
    but i really believe really SINCERE guys are joining the ice age.

any other questions?

30k is quiet low but maybe he got all the BIG WHITE GUNS in his cabinet?

Better having savings than deep in debt. Being in debt is very demoralising.
    (excluding house & car loans)
    Canon 1D mk3/ 16-35L II/ 35L / 135L / 85 f1.8/ 580EX II / Canon G11

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    I REALLY REALLY want to laugh my head off when i read you guys' replies.

anyway, thanks so much for all the answers!.

1stly, let me clarify, it's not whether i'm sizing him up to see if he's eligible to my bf/hubby.

2ndly, he's a classmate of mine, had lunch with him, and he told me about his 'assets', and would like me to advise him if it's sufficient in order to settle down comfortably.
    i cannot compare himself with how much i'm earning and how much savings i have.
    we're in different fields, different leagues.(please dont flame me, i'm just being honest)

i cant possibly screen through all the questions thrown at me from 4 pages,
    but by just having a glance, here are some more information

- he's single, but wanting to pao a gal.
    - he's acceptable.not yandao like tay ping hui or pierre png
    - he has a car, a vios.monthly should be...er...$500?not sure.how much does a vios cost btw?$50k?
    - he is staying with his parents but wants to rent a place until he gets ringed and go for Hopelessly Designed Buildings.
    - his' monthly is about $5k, that's BEFORE cpf deduction
    - photography is not his hobby, but he likes travelling so i guess the bulk of his income goes to travel.
    - stocks and shares, erm....i dunno.i didnt ask.

he told me his close friends are all about the same, not much savings, but some of them had finish their housing loans.

if you ask me,
    $30k for a guy's savings...is pathetic(i'm asking to be flamed but seriously, you dont want me lying right?)

in liquid assets alone, i believe you need to have at least a 100k, whether it's for emergency, or for pampering yourself.

and lastly, yes, i dont need to find a rich bf/hubby.
    cos i earn much more than the typical singaporean guy.
    and let me tell you, that's one of the main reasons till to date i'm single.( so is it REALLY good for a gal to earn that much?i dont know.you tell me)
    some guys i've met sees my car i drive for clubbing sessions, they straightaway feel i'm materialistic, and very difficult to 'maintain'.most of them feel it's because i have a super rich daddy, or sugar daddy...if you want to put it that way.

i have suitors, but i really do not know if they're out for my $ or for s.

any other questions?
    your honesty is refreshing! sucks to be rich...so lucky i'm not! haha

but seriously if those guys get scared away by your car and your career, then its no loss to you.

anyway, if its really $30k in total assets then thats a little scary, especially on a $5k salary. i'm not getting that much and even i have more cash and investments than him after 2 years of working. i have expensive hobbies like photography (just blew 1 months salary on a 85/1.2), diving, and when you put the 2 together and do underwater photography, you're seriously in need of sugar mommies.

so its probably a problem with his spending then. maybe he likes to buy girls stuff? hehe
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

for monthly about $5k, before cpf deduction, 30k saving is indeed low. But overall, his earning is better than most Singaporean who stay in Hopelessly Designed Buildings already. Although surely his is not in you eyes.

it's not the SINCERE guys joining the ice age, but most sincere guys has been out from your suppose defined league, also it seem like you may only feel secure if you can find a partner beyond your league. Which make it much fewer choice. Wish you luck in getting one, which usually hunted actively by others higher league female.
    Last edited by zcf; 29th January 2010 at 11:29 AM.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

you need to show them the lenscaps

Not enough. my CFO says by age 30 shld have at least 150k in savings, not counting the other assets. u never know when u need ready cash. i told her majority of mine is trapped in the 2 dry cabinets

ryan

my dream car!!!!!!!!!!!

you don't insult my dream car i tell you

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Not enough. my CFO says by age 30 shld have at least 150k in savings, not counting the other assets. u never know when u need ready cash. i told her majority of mine is trapped in the 2 dry cabinets

ryan

most people will tell you that having so much liquid assets means that you are losing money over time.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

most people will tell you that having so much liquid assets means that you are losing money over time.
    I cannot argue with u over that. buy property la, dun buy vios. dream car can come later, that one lose money faster .

ryan

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    majority of mine is trapped in the 2 dry cabinets

ryan
    I hope lens can be considered as assets.
    Actually why not? It retains value well.

Canon 1D mk3/ 16-35L II/ 35L / 135L / 85 f1.8/ 580EX II / Canon G11

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid View Post

depends on what u r getting. if u r talking about those collectable level lenses/ cameras yea. otherwise the usual consumer lenses and L lenses they depreciate.. unless u make a living out of them

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid View Post

Provided you invest in the good resale value lenses.
    You are throwing money down the drain if you
    buy grappy lenses.

Only certain good quality lenses retain value well
    over the decades.

Quote Originally Posted by antacid View Post
    your honesty is refreshing! sucks to be rich...so lucky i'm not! haha

but seriously if those guys get scared away by your car and your career, then its no loss to you.

anyway, if its really $30k in total assets then thats a little scary, especially on a $5k salary. i'm not getting that much and even i have more cash and investments than him after 2 years of working. i have expensive hobbies like photography (just blew 1 months salary on a 85/1.2), diving, and when you put the 2 together and do underwater photography, you're seriously in need of sugar mommies.

so its probably a problem with his spending then. maybe he likes to buy girls stuff? hehe

1 mth salary on 85 1.2?
    wah...kind of harsh on the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    for monthly about $5k, before cpf deduction, 30k saving is indeed low. But overall, his earning is better than most Singaporean who stay in Hopelessly Designed Buildings already. Although surely his is not in you eyes.

it's not the SINCERE guys joining the ice age, but most sincere guys has been out from your suppose defined league, also it seem like you may only feel secure if you can find a partner beyond your league. Which make it much fewer choice. Wish you luck in getting one, which usually hunted actively by others higher league female.
    you are not wrong either.

i found one, but he ended up with another gal.
    sigh.

i cant help but feel in modern singapore nowadays, gals seem to earn more than guys generally?
    is it due to the fact that we enter workforce earlier becos guys have to go through ns?

i'm referring to comparison of having a fix salary job.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast