Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111619202122 LastLast

Thread: 30k savings, 35 y-o

Default Re: 30k savings, 35 y-o

Quote Originally Posted by datan View Post
    so conversely, how much should a girl have saved by the time she's 30? 35?
    30k perhaps ?
    technically if they stated their career earlier, shouldn't they have more savings than guys ?
    if their purchasing power is way more than their monthly basic then that's another matter already...
    Last edited by Simon_84; 4th February 2010 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iMac08 View Post
    did you think guys are always victimised? i am in the midst of breaking up with a friend and cut off all business linkage with him because he has shown himself to be a not faithful man. so u think gals are always wrong? i know his wife and the wife is really a beautiful lady who choose to stick by him though he ain't rich. but with a bit of money,his faithfulness is tested...
    in the past, i would prefer to avoid friends who are doing something behind their wife/gf back, nowadays i just open and close one eye, why ?
    because sometimes when they are in too deep, no amount of advise or help you render, can pull them back.
    for guys that have gone over to the dark side, the only way they can stop is by their own sheer willpower.

i do agree with a little bit money for guys, is quite easy to give in to temptations...in this case, mind over body is where it matters the most.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 4th February 2010 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    in the past, i would prefer to avoid friends who are doing something behind their wife/gf back, nowadays i just open and close one eye, why ?
    because sometimes when they are in too deep, no amount of advise or help you render, can pull them back.
    for guys that have gone over to the dark side, the only way they can stop is by their own sheer willpower.
    I personally avoid friends who are doing something behind their husband/bf back.
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

I know this! Already told my friend not to go FX with the D700. First the trinity, then PC-Es, then DC, now 300mm f2.8 with the new TC-20EIII...
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

most of my gal friends has more savings than their fiance.

30k perhaps ?
    technically if they stated their career earlier, shouldn't they have more savings than guys ?
    if their purchasing power is way more than their monthly basic then that's another matter already...
    since they start work 2 - 3 years earlier I think they should have at least 100k by 30 (unless they have car loan, mortages etc).

Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    I personally avoid friends who are doing something behind their husband/bf back.
    Same here. It is a personal belief that i follow. if a man can run his household..how much can he be trusted. i don't care if he listen to advises or not. but i will not put my $$$ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    haha mine don't. She lives happily with my mistresses(my Cameras and watches) and in harmony(most of the time,until i start to see them more then i see her....hahaha).

No money for other women alr..these mistressess alr suck me dry...

Quote Originally Posted by Zichar View Post
    I know this! Already told my friend not to go FX with the D700. First the trinity, then PC-Es, then DC, now 300mm f2.8 with the new TC-20EIII...
    buying expensive equipment is not as sinful as fooling around outside even though you have a gf or a wife.

really.......

how is that possible, looking at the way usual females spend......? or are they the same age?

the ability to cheat outside one's marriage or relationship is representative of many character flaws, won't you think...? flaws that can burn you, even as their friend.

Quote Originally Posted by datan View Post
    so conversely, how much should a girl have saved by the time she's 30? 35?
    That will depend on her cravings for designer handbags, shoes and clothes, makeup expenditure. Typically anything over $4.30 in the bank is considered good at the end of the pay period for the first 3 years of employment.

There is a formula used to calculate a suitable guys earning power for a woman, it goes like this...

Smi = (3x + 2y +4C +f)^2 + 2.52*(Ma +Fpp +Cw) / GWI

Where
    Smi = Suitable monthly income
    x = median price for Top end designer handbags
    y = average cost of Italian shoes
    c = Average cost of designer label skirt + blouse
    s = sundry accessories (roughly x+y+c+10%)
    Ma = Cost of monthly restaraunt bill at top notch eatery, based on 4 nights a week.
    Fpp - Allowance for entertainment, based on 5 movies per week or a weekend at Swiss Chalet.
    Cw - Total cost of ownership of car of womans choice (what she wants to be seen in)
    GWI - Guys income per month

If the answer comes in at less than 1 then you're skrewed as a guy. If it comes in at over 3 then she is entitled to a 50% increase in expenditure per month.. Oh the guys allowance is calculated at 1% of his nett earnings per month.

Taking a gal to McDonalds or Kentucky Fried Chicken etc automatically means that x y c values treble.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Good one Ang Moh!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    That will depend on her cravings for designer handbags, shoes and clothes, makeup expenditure. Typically anything over $4.30 in the bank is considered good at the end of the pay period for the first 3 years of employment.

There is a formula used to calculate a suitable guys earning power for a woman, it goes like this...

Where
    Ma = Cost of monthly restaraunt bill at top notch eatery, based on 4 nights a week.
    Fpp - Allowance for entertainment, based on 5 movies per week or a weekend at Swiss Chalet.
    Cw - Total cost of ownership of car of womans choice (what she wants to be seen in)

If the answer comes in at less than 1 then you're skrewed as a guy. If it comes in at over 3 then she is entitled to a 50% increase in expenditure per month.. Oh the guys allowance is calculated at 1% of his nett earnings per month.

Taking a gal to McDonalds or Kentucky Fried Chicken etc automatically means that x y c values treble.

i know this forum is frequent by guys but don't over generalised. there are girls who are not like what you say. not all are so superficial and i don't mean that because i have a sgp wife.
    it has not change and i speak with conviction that ppl know what that is. those who don't are living in fairy tales. i speak with my own testimony to back me out. my own wife stood by me when i was almost bankrupt a few years back when the crisis hit. now i rebuild all my loses and she is definitely gonna be blessed for that.

i tell my friends any girl that says they want a rich husband or say husband must drive etc etc...pls don't hook up to them...of course at the same time i also think it is not wrong for the girl if her consideration of a guy in turn of financial well being is not overboard. it is not easy to always live in desperate time. imagine after wedding or sthg then the guy goes cashless..
    well true, that's why i didn't say all, but most..

you're a very lucky man to have a wife like that, and she definitely deserves her blessings. that's proof that she loves you and not your gold

and no i'm also not suggesting that guys just sit down & shake leg all day and expect girls to come to them. i believe we all have to work to earn our living, e.g. the guy works to support his wife/family. but there is a fine line between wanting to be in a good financial situation and just pure greed/materialism. one will give you a comfortable live plus a few bits here and there to spare, the other is not being satisfied with comfortable and want luxuries, luxuries and more luxuries..

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    really.......

how is that possible, looking at the way usual females spend......? or are they the same age?
    that's why they are looking for someone rich to supply their needed gold

need inputs from you guys.

for a guy 35 years old, being in the workforce for 10 years, is 30k savings
    -too little
    -ok, acceptable
    -wah...alot already

if too little, how much savings in your opinion should he have?
    Frankly, $30k is on the low side. If he saved $500/mth on average, which i think can be much more, he would have at least $60k, excluding interest/investment returns. Double the saving rate and he would have $120k.

But that aside, if his gf accepts his lifestyle and sees herself living a life with him then why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

Where
    In the formula what does F relate too ? or is it meant to be S
    40D|BG-E2N|24-105L F4.0 IS USM |70-200L F2.8 IS USM

Quote Originally Posted by slth123 View Post
    Frankly, $30k is on the low side. If he saved $500/mth on average, which i think can be much more, he would have at least $60k, excluding interest/investment returns. Double the saving rate and he would have $120k.

But that aside, if his gf accepts his lifestyle and sees herself living a life with him then why not.
    Its really dependent the whole scheme of things.

What if that guy has $35k of savings?

BUT he also has :
    i) 1 fully paid up HDB flat.
    ii) $100k in blue chip shares investments
    iii) $50k in insurance, investment trusts, bonds etc.
    iv) $25k invested in a business
    v) $20k worth of camera equipment ??

So .. is he still considered a 'poor church mouse' then ??

Quote Originally Posted by KangS View Post
    Its really dependent the whole scheme of things.

What if that guy has $35k of savings?

BUT he also has :
    i) 1 fully paid up HDB flat.
    ii) $100k in blue chip shares investments
    iii) $50k in insurance, investment trusts, bonds etc.
    iv) $25k invested in a business
    v) $20k worth of camera equipment ??

So .. is he still considered a 'poor church mouse' then ??
    you are right. my post was made on the assumption that $30k is all he has.

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    Depends on lots of factor
    - Take home pay of couple
    - Total Expenditure
    - Wedding cost (banquet , bridal studio etc)
    - Housing (if you are staying with your family or a new place - includes renovation)

I have seen many graduates , after a few years , pay for their flat (and some of them resale) , and wedding with their own savings without any help. It is achievable , and not as hard as it seem. You will need some financial planning and maintain your expectation vs expenditure.
    okok will jia you and plan plan plan

Quote Originally Posted by Deyeno View Post
    In the formula what does F relate too ? or is it meant to be S
    me bad, typo! was supposed to be "s"
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111619202122 LastLast