Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 510131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: 30k savings, 35 y-o

Default Re: 30k savings, 35 y-o

At this rate of savings, you can contribute cash of $120k to your CPF account and use it to buy an annuity at age 55. Thereafter, you will receive monthly payment of about $800 from age 65 until you perish.
    S5Pro|S3Pro|D50|16-85VR2|70-200VR|80-400VR|S50f1.4|105f2|135f2|SB900|SB80DX

Quote Originally Posted by iMac08 View Post
    not many ppl in uni had this kind of saving...i din..i enter with loan and deficit...

just treasure your family and the blessing you have.....
    I guess so...

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    yup.
    so many students took loan.
    and after joining workforce, working a few years still paying the god damn loan.

that's why i said, for a student with 30k savings,
    either he has a remarkable financial discipline, or he's just bull shitting.

no offense.
    Ok, I do get quite abit of pocket money even during my NS time...

Quote Originally Posted by SK1968 View Post
    yup, i never read it that way. people who work hard gets rewarded.

sorry sir. i don't mean u read it that way..it was just a figure of speech...friend friend...i don't want to make enemies online...not in kopitiam where we chill out..

sorry sir. i don't mean u read it that way..it was just a figure of speech...friend friend...i don't want to make enemies online...not in kopitiam where we chill out..
    hey, no problem. i never read your msg in the negative way either. really like you said, it is kopitiam, we chat, we tcss, we get drunk but we dun make enemies

Friend friend.....you don't know.....Kopitiam is just a great place to make enemies.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Friend friend.....you don't know.....Kopitiam is just a great place to make enemies.....

again is a choice issue

again is a choice issue
    Friend friend. No choice leh.

People want to make enemy with me in Kopitiam, I just have to happily accept it.

Only that I make sure no one walks behind me when I go home at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    SGD indeed. That means around 30% less for many things than here in Australia. You make the valid point, it depends on your personal circumstances and what you like to do with your money. There is no right or wrong numbers and contrary to what Jeanie thinks owning 4 vehicles is no big deal where I'm from, infact it would hardly make most tradesmen raise an eyebrow as it's no big issue here. Boat ownership (quite large) is no big deal either, nor is owning a large house etc. Different places different outlooks.

Women and their ways are however universal and that also applies to men. Different cultures, same old problems.
    '30% less' is an illusion unless you earn in Aus and spend in SGP. It is 0% less if you earn and spend in Oz. Also don't forget the higher income tax rate and GST.
    Last edited by ConnorMcLeod; 1st February 2010 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren_Hao View Post
    Quick quick, share, how to earn 3k but save 2.7k. chicken rice everyday for a month ($2.5*2*30 = 150) Than MRT 2 trips a day, assume go work and than go home ($2*2*20 = 80)

that leave me 70 bucks ......... So maybe I need to shave my head, have kopi and teh from the office pantry, always take sweets and tibit from my colleagues stash, use only company phone for all purposes, use office toliet paper only, brush teeth and wash up in the office toilet, never get married and continue to sponge on my parents and avoid paying electrical bills, housing load and all other basic necessity in life. I think I have enough to spend to go out with my friends once a month.

Now I think I can survive on 300 bucks
    Stay home and not pay allowance- $0 spent on rent
    Get your mom to make you pack lunch - cost $0 on lunch
    always dine at home - cost $0 on dinner.
    cycle to work and when yo go out - cost almost $0 since you should factor in wear & tear of your bicycle and amortise cost of your bicycle over it's life time.
    continue to take tidbits and sweets from your colleague's stash - cost $0
    only do TFCD - spend $0 on photoshoots

leaves you almost $3000.
    Last edited by ConnorMcLeod; 1st February 2010 at 10:39 PM.

hi hi,

i didnt and had NEVER said that owning 4 vehicles is a big deal.
    i'm sorry if I gave you that impression.
    and i didnt choose to tell csers that.
    just that someone asked.
    so what's wrong with telling a fellow cser the answer?

and please, stop comparing the lifestyle here and in aussie.

when i was there, a wrx only cost 45k.
    in singapore?
    a wrx at that same time cost 140k.

wats your point really???!??!?
    It's the impression you gave .. and as we both know it is no big deal, though in a nation with a well known and one could argue justifiable reputation for mercinary attitudes to money it can be mistaken for one-up-manship.

There's nothing wrong with telling a CSer an answer, however in my experience which I will admit is large and extensive (insert canned laughter here) a bit of mystery is far better than the plain truth in such matters.

Now lifestyle comparisons between SG and Au. Point taken, though the point I was making is that different locations have different perceptions of what defines wealth and being well off.
    Perhaps next time I'll compare SG to one of the other countries I've been to ok? Perhaps Botswana, or maybe Norway

The point is that money, women and men's issues with money are universal. There is no society that doesn't suffer from similar problems, be the currency pigs, cows, gold, silver or paper money. Women always want the best earner for security purposes and most men's natural instinct is to blow their money having a good time with their friends.

Removes tongue from cheek, I've stirred the pot enough for tonight!
    Last edited by Ian; 1st February 2010 at 11:05 PM.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

you don't make enemies online

it is usually the troublemakers who decide that somehow, through some random words you type on the internet, you have become their main purpose in life.

oh, thankfully right now, all the troublemakers have got eaten up by the ghostbusters because they got too smart. especially one blue one from japan with a bell.....

wats your point really???!??!?
    i think he is saying:

"hi jeanie, i would like to see your lenscaps, stop talking about money and cars"

the biggest hint comes in the line:

Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    Women and their ways are however universal and that also applies to men. Different cultures, same old problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren_Hao View Post
    Quick quick, share, how to earn 3k but save 2.7k. chicken rice everyday for a month ($2.5*2*30 = 150) Than MRT 2 trips a day, assume go work and than go home ($2*2*20 = 80)
    if you cook yourself you can definitely spend less than that, if your accomodation is accounted for , i.e. parents.

excluding rental, i generally spend about 150 pounds a month, including.... phone bills, electricity, gas...... that's london.... where everything is more expensive other than chocolate and alcohol (which i do not consume regularly).......

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Ferrari's aren't that expensive either in real terms. You can buy them used for less than 25K here in Australia.
    i can buy them for 25 pounds here, you just need to know where to look.

else for a student, HOW on earth to save 30k?!?!???!?!??!

i have hardly 3k in my bank when i was in uni.
    被包啦!!!

so simple also don't know...... you still don't believe, just walk around orchard when you have leave, early in the mornings.... you will see 50+ year olds walking around with 20+ year old SYTs......... so tell me, what's in it for the SYTs? love?

either that or, daddy and mommy giving wayyyy too much pocket money

i dont mean to disbelieve yappy, but to take home 3k and save 2.7k, i find it really really ...errr...impossible.
    i think transport alone easily $300 liao.unless you stay so near to office, and weekends you dont even go out.
    share the secret, i wanna know too
    yappy runs across the island everyday to work, and back home.

it is good thing, kill many birds with one stone, can do grocery shopping on the way, kiss girlfriend when he pass by her flat.... and keep fit at the same time.

if possible, good for you.
    and i envy you.
    it's really NOT easy for a student to have 30k in savings.
    worth my penny respect.
    well......... maybe he spend until savings empty

then one day the dad give him $30k ang pao.

there, $30k savings. tada!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    you don't make enemies online

it is usually the troublemakers who decide that somehow, through some random words you type on the internet, you have become their main purpose in life.

oh, thankfully right now, all the troublemakers have got eaten up by the ghostbusters because they got too smart. especially one blue one from japan with a bell.....
    i think he is saying:

"hi jeanie, i would like to see your lenscaps, stop talking about money and cars"

if you cook yourself you can definitely spend less than that, if your accomodation is accounted for , i.e. parents.

excluding rental, i generally spend about 150 pounds a month, including.... phone bills, electricity, gas...... that's london.... where everything is more expensive other than chocolate and alcohol (which i do not consume regularly).......
    i can buy them for 25 pounds here, you just need to know where to look.
    被包啦!!!

so simple also don't know...... you still don't believe, just walk around orchard when you have leave, early in the mornings.... you will see 50+ year olds walking around with 20+ year old SYTs......... so tell me, what's in it for the SYTs? love?

either that or, daddy and mommy giving wayyyy too much pocket money.
    yappy runs across the island everyday to work, and back home.

it is good thing, kill many birds with one stone, can do grocery shopping on the way, kiss girlfriend when he pass by her flat.... and keep fit at the same time.
    well......... maybe he spend until savings empty

then one day the dad give him $30k ang pao.

there, $30k savings. tada!!!!!!!

Friend friend....do you have an answer for every question?

If so Jeanie may have found the right man.

i think he is saying:

Originally Posted by Ian
    Glad to see someone found the punchline which is based on a universal truth about men and women. However I have no desire to see her lenscaps, cars nor anything else for that matter. If you'd like to know why then feel free to PM me and I'll tell you why, the same applies to jeanie.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Friend friend....do you have an answer for every question?
    no, i don't have an answer for this one.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 510131415161720 ... LastLast