Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 27101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: 30k savings, 35 y-o

Default Re: 30k savings, 35 y-o

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    He went dating in a Superman costume?
    HAha... So funny... Hello I am Clark Ken where is my Louise?

Quote Originally Posted by iMac08 View Post
    HAha... So funny... Hello I am Clark Ken where is my Louise?
    I think what you want is a Wonder Woman:

actually, finding a spouse is no different from getting a system - you need money, commitment and passion to keep it going for the long run.

got diff...sys sian alr...sell/change/leave in dry cab for fungus invasion...spouse...cannot put on ebay/change/leave in dry cab...haha....

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

it must be the cherry qq then

if i cannot attain my dream, then that is the next best choice.

not bad, still quite a good car..
    cherry qq?

good luck

read this

http://paultan.org/2006/02/18/chery-qq-crash-test/

i think if you head on, cannot even find your underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by SK1968 View Post
    shd not be a problem really, can always take turn to foot the bill

afterthought: could let him pay first. then ask him out (if you think he is ok) and state up front you are buying him in appreciation of the last one. should be easier for him to accept
    strangly enough,
    it's always my female colleagues and female friends who dont vie to foot the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    waiters and waitresses always present the cheque to my dates.
    I wonder how come...
    cos you always turn up in superman underwear they know you dont carry moolas...
    unless u hide them where the sun dont shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    is better to be honest in the first place, if the guy can't stomach it, he's probably not the right guy for you.
    but do take note of some china guys...
    beware of racist remarks ah!

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    strangly enough,
    it's always my female colleagues and female friends who dont vie to foot the bill.
    err, no comment on that part though :P maybe they are not as well of as you are, maybe they don't hv big ego like the guys....many reasons to that
    but seriously, unless there is something wrong, a guy would still feel somewhat uneasy to let his lady friend foots the bills all the time. a more amicable arrangement will be to take turns to pay....but not in a deliberate way so as not to keep track if it is a fair arrangement

beware of racist remarks ah!
    a not so subtle warning. damn kids these days.

I have been given occasional treats by ladies... Maybe its because its on biz grounds.

I find it perfectly normal if a lady pays when I do not play host. I have a japanese dinner treat this thursday by a pretty and fine lady. emmmm..... maybe i should pick the tab this round. But i may cancel the appt as i am not sure of her agenda. I guess I am afraid to meet women for 1to1 meal whom I dont really know.

But wait, what is all these crap about nice cars and who pays for dinner? When love shadows, it aint matter no more. Its about delivering messages through the eyes and the bill is just a wave of gesture to bring on a smile of the opposite sex.

Oh and btw, i love Chery QQ. Its the most eco friendly car on the road with the least metal used to build. Love Nature, love QQ.

cherry qq?

good luck
    i like the sound of the clack after you make a turn

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    Oh and btw, i love Chery QQ. Its the most eco friendly car on the road with the least metal used to build. Love Nature, love QQ.

oh man, so sexy

i bet the steering wheel will make a DEEP impression on you.

Wonders how you lot would handle a seriously well off woman. One earning say 1.9 million SGD a year or more?

The number of vehicles a woman drives means nothing to me, 4 vehicles? Well done Jeanie, but how much debt do you carry to pay for them and for your lifestyle which I might add sounds very neuvo-riche to me.

Back now to the original question, is 35K enough. The answer depends on what your own expectations are in life, your education, the country you live in and your ambitions, drive and so on. Down here in Australia 35K is a fairly hefty chunk of cash in the bank, as most people are up to their eyes in debt with average house prices running in to half a million AUD (add 30% to convert to SGD) and a far more expensive country to live in overall. Most guys in Australia at 35 are married, a couple of kids with total debts of around 600K SGD as there's no HDB here to provide cheap housing for the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by iMac08 View Post
    agree...maybe jeanie can drive some cheaper jap car? no GTR? haha..so not so intimidating??? seriously male Ego is a norm..if a guy has no ego then something is not right abt him(personal opinion)....jeanie needs a really confident man and successful...
    A GTR isn't that expensive. It's 25% cheaper than the 4WD I'm considering as my next vehicle. ( I have 3 cars and 1 motorcycle)

Success comes in many forms, economic success is probably the easiest to define and once a house is owned and paid for the least important. There's no point in having a well to do wife or husband if the spouse never sees them as they are always at the office, or out with clients etc.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Wonders how you lot would handle a seriously well off woman. One earning say 1.9 million SGD a year or more?

The number of vehicles a woman drives means nothing to me, 4 vehicles? Well done Jeanie, but how much debt do you carry to pay for them and for your lifestyle which I might add sounds very neuvo-riche to me.

Back now to the original question, is 35K enough. The answer depends on what your own expectations are in life, your education, the country you live in and your ambitions, drive and so on. Down here in Australia 35K is a fairly hefty chunk of cash in the bank, as most people are up to their eyes in debt with average house prices running in to half a million AUD (add 30% to convert to SGD) and a far more expensive country to live in overall. Most guys in Australia at 35 are married, a couple of kids with total debts of around 600K SGD as there's no HDB here to provide cheap housing for the masses.

A GTR isn't that expensive. It's 25% cheaper than the 4WD I'm considering as my next vehicle. ( I have 3 cars and 1 motorcycle)

Success comes in many forms, economic success is probably the easiest to define and once a house is owned and paid for the least important. There's no point in having a well to do wife or husband if the spouse never sees them as they are always at the office, or out with clients etc.
    I think she is referring to SGD.

It depends, I have a colleague who earns $3000 and save $2700 and another who has $10,000 and still ...'money not enough'

Ian: u referring to car in sgp or aust? In aust I can easily pay for the gtr without thinking too much abt it but here I need to think carefully for sgp??I have heard in aust most ppl are living in debt so if having 30k in bank will be a luxury to most.30k is really peanuts in Singapore if you are young with no backup and strt a family in sgp now. Just insurance will kill off this Amt.

Yappy: your friend earn 3k save 2.7k? Haha. No need give parents, no insurance to pay? Come on this friend either is born in a rich family or super cash rich. 300 to survive monthly is impossible.yes some ppl earn more and spend all. I live by a percentage kind of management. Right Now my expenses is alr 3-4 times of what I used to earn. Is amazing how expenses went up...I also don't understand. Maybe now more family commitment.

Gosh after reading 12 pages of response, am I the only person who finds this whole thread so uncomfortable? it's just so.... ummm .....material???

Quote Originally Posted by ckuang View Post
    Gosh after reading 12 pages of response, am I the only person who finds this whole thread so uncomfortable? it's just so.... ummm .....material???
    no you're not, my friend studying in aussie hates it as well, for me i'm okay cause there are always mountains higher than one another.

Quote Originally Posted by ckuang View Post
    You're not the only one here who feels that way.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 27101112131417 ... LastLast