Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast

Thread: 30k savings, 35 y-o

Default Re: 30k savings, 35 y-o

Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    Hmmm... this is an unfair world.
    It is no secret that men tend to shy away from women whom they perceive to be 'stronger' than them. Blame it on culture, blame it on hormones, blame it on social norms... but it is still a sad fact.
    If someone starts a poll to see how many men would marry (or even become boyfriend) of financially more capable women, I think none of us will be surprised with the outcome.

So it seems now that the discussion of this thread has moved from "...is $30K too little..." to what kind of men modern, successful women want as their partners.
    Interesting.
    haha, true true but it will certainly helps by being normal and simple first. time will tell if a person who can afford expensive stuffs is actually a nice and not difficult to maintain person

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    when you bring $ issue into a relationshipm it always suffer.

when i'm out with my friends, (or suitors), sometimes/most of the time i'm frustrated.
    why?
    because when i told them i'll treat, they tel me they can afford it.and they do not want the waitress to see a gal paying for dinner.
    can u believe that s?
    shd not be a problem really, can always take turn to foot the bill

afterthought: could let him pay first. then ask him out (if you think he is ok) and state up front you are buying him in appreciation of the last one. should be easier for him to accept
    Last edited by SK1968; 30th January 2010 at 05:27 PM.

when you bring $ issue into a relationshipm it always suffer.

when i'm out with my friends, (or suitors), sometimes/most of the time i'm frustrated.
    why?
    because when i told them i'll treat, they tel me they can afford it.
    and they do not want the waitress to see a gal paying for dinner.
    can u believe that s?
    waiters and waitresses always present the cheque to my dates.
    I wonder how come...

it's tough dating....be in my shoes and you know what i mean.
    jeanie don't worry there are tons of guys who are more than willing to just take you out to macdonalds, take you on the MRT, take a walk in the park and sometimes go sing some karaoke at kbox

i didnt and had never say hor...

still finding the perfect penny black btw.
    bought a few already.
    are u for real?..........hmm my dream is to have a set of the mei lan fang...but i figure i can't maintain it well and is hard to find them in good condition. without worrying abt them as fakes....

ok jeanie got your point you are well to do..haha...Yes male ego is the reason why most (but not all) will not approach a more well to do gf. you enjoy your singlehood pretty well and i still hope that someone will be able to match to you....i used to wish i have a wife who drives and can fetch me around...even if she is wealthier..earn more than me...also never mind...but it never come to past...........

i don't mind my wife treating me or buy me a rolex or sthg...just too bad she is not earning not as much as i am.......

believe me guys,
    t's tough dating....be in my shoes and you know what i mean.
    Its also tough dating for men also, as it always comes back to $$$$.

To me personally its not what the woman has or looks like, its whats inside that counts. You have to accept / respect that person for whom they are NOT what you want them to be and vice versa.

I believe in 50/50 down the line, or give and take, you might pay for dinner this time me next, its the only way to respect each other.

I will come polish the old scratched car :P
    40D|BG-E2N|24-105L F4.0 IS USM |70-200L F2.8 IS USM

Quote Originally Posted by SK1968 View Post
    haha, true true but it will certainly helps by being normal and simple first. time will tell if a person who can afford expensive stuffs is actually a nice and not difficult to maintain person
    agree...maybe jeanie can drive some cheaper jap car? no GTR? haha..so not so intimidating??? seriously male Ego is a norm..if a guy has no ego then something is not right abt him(personal opinion)....jeanie needs a really confident man and successful...

Quote Originally Posted by iMac08 View Post
    agree...maybe jeanie can drive some cheaper jap car? no GTR? haha..so not so intimidating??? seriously male Ego is a norm..if a guy has no ego then something is not right abt him(personal opinion)....jeanie needs a really confident man and successful...

Why should Jeanie, be someone whom shes not, in the sense, must change to suit the ego of a man ...

If you as a man cant accept her for who she is, thats your problem not her's.

There is a song by Lobo, Love Me For What I Am.

I wore the clothes you liked
    You said they gave me that look
    I even tried to like the food
    I know you like to cook
    I parted my hair on the left
    I carried your arm on the right
    I slept late in the morning
    And I stayed out late at night.

I can't give any more of my soul away
    And still look myself in the mirror everyday
    I can't change any more
    of what makes me be myself
    And still have enough left
    not to be somebody else
    I'm not demanding as a man
    Just asking you - love me for what I am.

I tried hard not to say
    the things you don't like to hear
    And when to you it was apropos
    I nibbled on your ear
    I opened the door up for you
    I kept my big mouth shut
    Well I've been going down
    While you've been going up.

The song is written from a Mans POV, but can equally apply to a Womans view.

Cheers ....
    40D|BG-E2N|24-105L F4.0 IS USM |70-200L F2.8 IS USM

I'm wondering, if it occurs too frequently that most of the men being dated exhibits inferiority behaviours, could it be that the problem is not with most of the men but somewhere else?

Another thing, why would someone even bother to go to the showroom to see a car (despite a newer model) of the same product line when the person has been sticking to the same for years? Salesmen should call up their long term customers to let them know what's new in the upgrade and check the client's interest especially if it's a premium car.

I find this thread contradicting itself. On one hand, it is about the benchmark savings for a 35 year old working single male. Then, the alleged experiences of dates with inferiority complex. After-in-which, "I don't mind paying..."

We may be heading towards an utopia of available men quantified in paradistic value and scale.
    Last edited by eyes; 30th January 2010 at 08:11 PM.
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

Quote Originally Posted by Burnings View Post
    IMHO, I think saving is important if you are in the workforce and having no job security however if you are self employed, it would be wiser to pump the money into expansion and investment. Maintaining a 10 - 20k in savings account would be sufficient for daily expense.
    To me, the habit of / attitude towards savings tells indirectly whether the person is responsible and other parts of his/her personality. Agree the actual amt of $$$ is not the most important factor, rather the effort spent on it etc means more.

why?
    because when i told them i'll treat, they tel me they can afford it.
    and they do not want the waitress to see a gal paying for dinner.
    can u believe that s?
    I suppose it depends on the settings when you say you'll treat.
    If it is his b'day, I'd say it makes perfect sense.
    If its your first date / 2nd date with him, then hmmm... maybe he'll take it as you don't wanna see him again and don't wanna owe him anything.

I know some gals whom would never pay for a meal regardless occasion, and insists the guy to get food at food court / kopitiam for her, for the reason that the guy should look after the lady. I am not saying it is good or bad, just stating the extreme which I've seen.

It takes two to clap. If you are comfy with this guy and he can accept you as you are now, then you found the special someone!

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    waiters and waitresses always present the cheque to my dates.
    I wonder how come...
    must be the red underwear you're wearing and nothing else

gee i'd really be thrilled if my girlfriend drives a nice car and earns more money than me. what's wrong wtih the guys you're meeting? hahaha

and isn't it great to see the one you love doing well and knowing (hopefully) you've been a part of her success? aiya all this male ego thing is over-rated! *pui*

不要想这么多, 开心就好!!!
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

i have a stable of 4, (which all belongs to me and registered under my name).

my latest addition is the gtr r35, which i usually zoom around town and to work.
    for red carpets invites, i'll usually drive something else.

for outdoor shoots, i have a suv to carry my profotos.

i have a crap car which i dont give 3 hoots about to drive around.
    this car suffers the most damage, cos i dont find solo lots for it, i wont valet it, i dont polish it, and nightmare, it's not a vios.

Nice collection there but I dun think a Ferrari or Lambo is considered "materialistic" la... so dun worry about that.

singaporeans guys usually do not/hope not their wives do much much better than them.
    ego thing?i dunno boy...
    i think usually they are unhappy when the wives outperform a bit.

if do much much better, why not? can retire at 30 and let the wife take over the helm of the family.

this car suffers the most damage, cos i dont find solo lots for it, i wont valet it, i dont polish it, and nightmare, it's not a vios.

it must be the cherry qq then

if i cannot attain my dream, then that is the next best choice.

not bad, still quite a good car. coughcoughcough.

nowadays when i go for dates, i drive my crap car, and i use a pasar malam bag.
    come to think about it, if somehow my dates end up going steady with me, and one fine day he realise i have these 'assets', wat will happen?

does that fine day involve a studio photography session and a few nikon lenscaps?

what kind of assets are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by iMac08 View Post
    I think she has a lambo or Ferrari if I never forget postings fr her
    yes, i also seen somewhere before...ohh in her gtr thread.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 31st January 2010 at 08:47 AM.

nowadays when i go for dates, i drive my crap car, and i use a pasar malam bag.
    come to think about it, if somehow my dates end up going steady with me, and one fine day he realise i have these 'assets', wat will happen?

it's tough dating....be in my shoes and you know what i mean.
    is better to be honest in the first place, if the guy can't stomach it, he's probably not the right guy for you.
    but do take note of some china guys...
    Last edited by Simon_84; 31st January 2010 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    must be the red underwear you're wearing and nothing else
    He went dating in a Superman costume?
    Last edited by Sion; 31st January 2010 at 01:51 PM.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast