Thread: 30k savings, 35 y-o

Default Re: 30k savings, 35 y-o

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    need inputs from you guys.

for a guy 35 years old, being in the workforce for 10 years, is 30k savings
    -too little
    -ok, acceptable
    -wah...alot already

if too little, how much savings in your opinion should he have?
    If I married my wife at 25 and I manage to have 30k savings by 35yo,
    I have done great job, and probably need to skip lunch every second day to save thsi money.

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
    If I married my wife at 25 and I manage to have 30k savings by 35yo,
    I have done great job, and probably need to skip lunch every second day to save thsi money.
    hey, that's a good 10 years. u should be able to manage unless you are hinting your wife is a ...... :P kidding

Quote Originally Posted by SK1968 View Post
    hey, that's a good 10 years. u should be able to manage unless you are hinting your wife is a ...... :P kidding
    Hinting? I thought I spelt it out

I never try to pay everything with credit card until I was married - I go ntuc fairprice 'cos I can use credit card to defer the payment till due date.

I never looked forward to pay day until I was married - cos on that day I can do all online banking and write all cheques to pay my credit card bills, and sure no bounced cheques / failed payment etc. GIRO is a no no cos no chance I can be sure the balance is sufficient for the debit.

Don't get me wrong though. I still love her as much as when we were dating.
    Just the $$$$ thing gets on my nerves at times. I just have to learn to separate $ issue from our relationship!

I never try to pay everything with credit card until I was married - I go ntuc fairprice 'cos I can use credit card to defer the payment till due date.

I never looked forward to pay day until I was married - cos on that day I can do all online banking and write all cheques to pay my credit card bills, and sure no bounced cheques / failed payment etc. GIRO is a no no cos no chance I can be sure the balance is sufficient for the debit.

Just the $$$$ thing gets on my nerves at times. I just have to learn to separate $ issue from our relationship!

The blogger girl must be delusional. Someone should ask her if she has looked infront of the mirror lately. And that she should know as the years pass, so will her youth and whatever beauty she thinks she has (or what's left). By then, will the 8k eligible guy still wants her depreciated looks?

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    some guys i've met sees my car i drive for clubbing sessions, they straightaway feel i'm materialistic, and very difficult to 'maintain'.most of them feel it's because i have a super rich daddy, or sugar daddy...if you want to put it that way.
    Just curious what car are you driving to be classified as materisalistic?

IMHO, I think saving is important if you are in the workforce and having no job security however if you are self employed, it would be wiser to pump the money into expansion and investment. Maintaining a 10 - 20k in savings account would be sufficient for daily expense.

I think she has a lambo or Ferrari if I never forget postings fr her

Quote Originally Posted by iMac08 View Post
    haha, is that so ? then it is no wonder decent guys stayed away, and maybe the others flocked there

Don't like that say le.... I have 2 friends in similar situation but the guys definitely decent.at least that's what I still think now.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    bro, you r not reading the small prints .... jeanie is NOT looking for anyone here

it's obvious that having MONEY is not an issue for her as she is in the higher league. Her problem is finding a nice guy who can love her for who she is ...... a self-independent, highly motivated FLYERS. ..... but we know, it is hard to find many male Singaporeans like that, especially if one is above 35+

Singaporean male tend to marry downward, i am told.

thanks for speaking what i feel....
    really.
    singaporeans guys usually do not/hope not their wives do much much better than them.
    ego thing?i dunno boy...

Did u see the girl face. Even if I earn 50k a mth also will not consider her. Some girls I know are not managing their expectation proportionately to themselves
    i cant help but agree with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SK1968 View Post
    haha, is that so ? then it is no wonder decent guys stayed away, and maybe the others flocked there
    Hmmm... this is an unfair world.
    It is no secret that men tend to shy away from women whom they perceive to be 'stronger' than them. Blame it on culture, blame it on hormones, blame it on social norms... but it is still a sad fact.
    If someone starts a poll to see how many men would marry (or even become boyfriend) of financially more capable women, I think none of us will be surprised with the outcome.

So it seems now that the discussion of this thread has moved from "...is $30K too little..." to what kind of men modern, successful women want as their partners.
    Interesting.

when you bring $ issue into a relationshipm it always suffer.

when i'm out with my friends, (or suitors), sometimes/most of the time i'm frustrated.
    why?
    because when i told them i'll treat, they tel me they can afford it.
    and they do not want the waitress to see a gal paying for dinner.
    can u believe that s?

Quote Originally Posted by Burnings View Post
    Just curious what car are you driving to be classified as materisalistic?
    i have a stable of 4, (which all belongs to me and registered under my name).

my latest addition is the gtr r35, which i usually zoom around town and to work.
    for red carpets invites, i'll usually drive something else.

for outdoor shoots, i have a suv to carry my profotos.

i have a crap car which i dont give 3 hoots about to drive around.
    this car suffers the most damage, cos i dont find solo lots for it, i wont valet it, i dont polish it, and nightmare, it's not a vios.
    Last edited by jeanie; 30th January 2010 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnings View Post
    IMHO, I think saving is important if you are in the workforce and having no job security however if you are self employed, it would be wiser to pump the money into expansion and investment. Maintaining a 10 - 20k in savings account would be sufficient for daily expense.
    if you have even 30k, own a car and a hdb,
    this 30k WONT last you too long if you lose your job just one fine day.

seriously, 30k...even without a car, how long do you think it'll last you?

believe me guys,
    you people will be really shocked by the kind of RICH/UPCLASS singaporeans here.

some of them own yatchs, has holiday homes in cove, own more than 5 cars(exotic ones) and even have property overseas.

if you're from the lambo or ferrari club, you know what i mean.

some owners BUY the cars even without seeing the real thing.
    and some of them buy cars just to carcoon them for collection.

most of these people i know has more than 5 mil in liquid assets.

so think again if you guys have the impression i'm filthy rich.
    i can be honest with you again, i'm well to do, but i'm NOT that well to do.

and i havent been buying lv/gucci/prada for a long time already.

nowadays when i go for dates, i drive my crap car, and i use a pasar malam bag.
    come to think about it, if somehow my dates end up going steady with me, and one fine day he realise i have these 'assets', wat will happen?

it's tough dating....be in my shoes and you know what i mean.

i didnt and had never say hor...

still finding the perfect penny black btw.
    bought a few already.

Yup, at times when one has lots of moola or has a fantastic job, its hard to know if the person you're dating likes you for WHO you really are or what you have. It is most likely through tough times that will reveal the other person's true intentions.

Don't like that say le.... I have 2 friends in similar situation but the guys definitely decent.at least that's what I still think now.
    I am not saying there isn't any but it takes one with keen eyes and heart to spot
    Last edited by SK1968; 30th January 2010 at 05:10 PM.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5891011121520 ... LastLast