View Poll Results: Would you buy iPad?

Voters
255. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, definitely me, I'm gonna love it

    71 27.84%
  • Maybe, see price first

    67 26.27%
  • No, got no use for it

    117 45.88%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 187

Thread: --- Apple iPad

  1. #81

    Default Re: --- Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by iguoh View Post
    Flash is used in many websites. If there is one reason why I do not buy the iPad, the lack of Flash support would be it. It is quite ironical that when Steve Jobs demoed the iPad during the launch, he showed the NYTimes website and could not display some Flash content. He was quick to get it out if the way but many noticed it.
    Flash is dead. Hello Canvas (HTML 5).
    그때와 같은 공간, 같은 노래가

  2. #82
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bukit Batok, Singapore
    Posts
    33

    Default Re: --- Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightworkz View Post
    More like price of netbooks will dropped. I'll be waiting for iPad 2nd gen, I believe that is the real deal. Though I will not be buying the iPad, I don't think the iPad will flop.
    You might like it or you might hate it, but if there is one thing that good about this iPad - it's that very nice side effect of pushing the price of netbooks and cheap laptops down.

  3. #83

    Default Re: --- Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightworkz View Post
    Flash is dead. Hello Canvas (HTML 5).
    HTML 5 is still a “Working Draft"...

  4. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: --- Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by iguoh View Post
    One more thing... if we can't get iBook to work here similar to why Kindle is not here in Singapore, that would be another killer blow for the iPad. No Flash, no iTunes store, and no iBook store. That would be pretty lame.
    As far as I've seen, the countries with high rates of piracy don't get a store. The iBook store wouldn't be immediate anyway, as Apple have to make deals with publishers and governments.

  5. #85

    Default Re: --- Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightworkz View Post
    Yes, there is but as an optional accessory call iPad Camera Connection Kit. It has 2 adaptors inside that plug to the 30 pins connector port, one for SD card and one for USB port.
    Hmm...if the kit can somehow be used to allow apps to preview photos as you shoot, like when you hook up to a laptop, I'll surely get one.
    Videographer @ A Merry Moment

  6. #86

    Default Re: --- Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by 2evans View Post
    HTML 5 is still a “Working Draft"...
    Yes. I mean unless Adobe come up with something, flash is so buggy and unsafe, it should be totally replaced by HTML 5 and I support Steve for booting Flash out in Apple mobile devices.
    Last edited by Lightworkz; 1st February 2010 at 10:50 PM.
    그때와 같은 공간, 같은 노래가

  7. #87

    Default Re: --- Apple iPad

    i will buy it for <$20

  8. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: --- Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by baijialong View Post
    i will buy it for <$20
    That pad you find in supermarket or 7-11
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  9. #89

    Default Re: --- Apple iPad

    I heard the reason why Apple is not supporting Flash is mainly due to not able to charge content made from it. Its all about the money folks... nothing else matters.

    Jobs even said Flash crashes the mac. Mac crashes?????!!! This coming from the horse's mouth????!!!! "It just works" i supposed it also refers to the crashing bits since "crashes work" in every other computers & OSes.

    I'm not so sure about the Flash being buggy part, is it meant for programmers (SDK) or juz net surfers (Player)? The last i read was Flash had successfully ported to make use of GPU acceleration. And youTube has successfully use HTML5 for streaming. Some browsers are able to support HTML5 now.

    Let's see how the fight with Fujitsu/ST Microelectronics for the name "iPad" turns out. Also read that FCC hasn't approved the pad yet. Maybe needs to change to iFlash or iCupTray

    Edited for spelling correction
    Last edited by nightpiper; 2nd February 2010 at 03:04 PM.

  10. #90
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: --- Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper View Post
    I heard the reason why Apple is not supporting Flash is mainly due to not able to charge content made from it. Its all about the money folks... nothing else matters.

    Jobs even said Flash crashes the mac. Mac crashes?????!!! This coming from the horse's mouth????!!!! "It just works" i supposed it also refers to the crashing bits since "crashes work" in every other computers & OSes.

    I'm not so sure about the Flash being buggy part, is it meant for programmers (SDK) or juz net surfers (Player)? The last i read was Flash had successfully ported to make use of GPU acceleration. And youTube has successfully use HTML5 for streaming. Some browsers are able to support HTML5 now.

    Let's see how the fight with Fujitsu/ST Siemens for the name "iPad" turns out. Also read that FCC hasn't approved the pad yet. Maybe needs to change to iFlash or iCupTray
    Flash is so buggy that Mozilla have resorted to separating it from most of the browser (Firefox, SeaMonkey) and so have Google done with Chrome. Adobe's Flash development environment doesn't seem incredibly buggy--at least, when compared to the plug-in/player and Acrobat/Acrobat Reader.

  11. #91

    Default Re: --- Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    Flash is so buggy that Mozilla have resorted to separating it from most of the browser (Firefox, SeaMonkey) and so have Google done with Chrome. Adobe's Flash development environment doesn't seem incredibly buggy--at least, when compared to the plug-in/player and Acrobat/Acrobat Reader.
    ok ok ok, we get it

    ipad is best invention of millenium. if it was not released, iphone was.

    if it was not released, then we should just give apple some props anyways.

  12. #92
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: --- Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    ok ok ok, we get it

    ipad is best invention of millenium. if it was not released, iphone was.

    if it was not released, then we should just give apple some props anyways.
    I don't have that opinion. If you think that, then you must not get it.

  13. #93

    Default Re: --- Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    I don't have that opinion. If you think that, then you must not get it.

  14. #94
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bukit Batok, Singapore
    Posts
    33

    Default Re: --- Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    ok ok ok, we get it

    ipad is best invention of millenium. if it was not released, iphone was.

    if it was not released, then we should just give apple some props anyways.
    I don't know where you are coming from.

    This is about interest in the product. This is not about glorifying the company that sells the product.

  15. #95

    Default Re: --- Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    Flash is so buggy that Mozilla have resorted to separating it from most of the browser (Firefox, SeaMonkey) and so have Google done with Chrome. Adobe's Flash development environment doesn't seem incredibly buggy--at least, when compared to the plug-in/player and Acrobat/Acrobat Reader.
    So its like an integration into web browsers thats the problem? But u can download the flash plugin & i've not have any problems related to any crashes due to flash.

    So many websites have flash content/ads & no issues for me, thats why i'm not sure which portion of Flash is the problem. Its more about the money & Adobe not complying with apple rules. Jobs has a bad reputation of being nasty to others not willing to bow to his rules. The latest attack was adobe being lazy, & produce lousy stuff w/o innovation. The more the company grows, the uglier greed head rears & the power abuse kicks in automatically. Not forgetting bullying smaller companies....

  16. #96

    Default Re: --- Apple iPad

    yup, and to all those people who thinks iphone will kill flash....

    out of all web traffic only 1.5% is from mobile...... alamak, how many of u is surfing on mobile?

    And out of the 98.5% large screen surfers, guess how many has flash installed..... 99%.


    Numbers from adobe but it is generally accepted that at least 95% of all web browsers can view flash. I don't know if it is sure arrogance or the need to protect its app revenue that has promted apple to disable flash in its browsers..... but it is not going to work for me.

    My own personal website is written in flash.....

  17. #97
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bukit Batok, Singapore
    Posts
    33

    Default Re: --- Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by alantkh View Post
    yup, and to all those people who thinks iphone will kill flash....

    out of all web traffic only 1.5% is from mobile...... alamak, how many of u is surfing on mobile?

    And out of the 98.5% large screen surfers, guess how many has flash installed..... 99%.


    Numbers from adobe but it is generally accepted that at least 95% of all web browsers can view flash. I don't know if it is sure arrogance or the need to protect its app revenue that has promted apple to disable flash in its browsers..... but it is not going to work for me.

    My own personal website is written in flash.....

    Yeah, there are more PC internet users now but I'm not so sure in the near future. Mobile internet users more than doubled last year. With the iPad and other tablets that are going to be released this year as well as the other competing phones, the numbers will slowly tilt towards the mobile web usage. Market analysts even say that in a few years, mobile internet users will surpass the PC internet users. Who knows...

    Anyways, I own an iPod Touch and I use it quite heavily for internet browsing (via wifi). I use it for reading blogs, news, forums, mail, flickr, etc. Honestly, I don't even notice that flash is missing.

    Yes - use of flash is widespread. But a lot of the flash content is advertisement. Some sites do have useful flash content - games in facebook, online video, etc. But if you would do some research on your favorite sites there is chance that they have their own iPhone apps. NYTimes and CNN for example. YouTube has an app. For the remaining sites that you frequently visit that still uses flash and doesn't have an iPhone app - how many are those? In my case, all the sites that I visit seems to be covered.

    In real world use, the total number of sites that use Flash doesn't really matter because you are not going to visit all of those millions and millions of pages, right? And if you ever found a page that you can't view in the iPad, so what? . It's not the end of the world - it's just a website. Just go to your PC when you get home and have a look there.

  18. #98
    Member Cartman2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    1,732

    Default Re: --- Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by jopwork View Post
    In real world use, the total number of sites that use Flash doesn't really matter because you are not going to visit all of those millions and millions of pages, right? And if you ever found a page that you can't view in the iPad, so what? . It's not the end of the world - it's just a website. Just go to your PC when you get home and have a look there.
    A netbook user would be able to look it up right on the spot

  19. #99

    Default Re: --- Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    A netbook user would be able to look it up right on the spot
    no, of course it is not about glorifying the product, it's about defending it doggedly.

    next on the list - no internet browser? never mind, you can go wow wow wow at the nice screen. then browse the net at home on your pc.

    if everything can wait until go home to do, then might as well - just don't buy the ipad, just wait until go home and do everything.

    this is like saying it's ok to buy an mp3 player that can't play most media files, but you're happy with it
    Last edited by night86mare; 2nd February 2010 at 09:11 PM.

  20. #100
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bukit Batok, Singapore
    Posts
    33

    Default Re: --- Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    no, of course it is not about glorifying the product, it's about defending it doggedly.

    next on the list - no internet browser? never mind, you can go wow wow wow at the nice screen. then browse the net at home on your pc.

    if everything can wait until go home to do, then might as well - just don't buy the ipad, just wait until go home and do everything.

    this is like saying it's ok to buy an mp3 player that can't play most media files, but you're happy with it
    now you are being silly. it is you who implied that people who like the iPad are glorifying it and apple by sarcastically saying 'ok ok ok, we get it. ipad is best invention of millenium. if it was not released, iphone was. if it was not released, then we should just give apple some props anyways.' in a previous post.

    I am just trying to explain my position, but now you are saying that I am defending it 'doggedly'? If I am defending anything here, I am defending my choice.

    2nd line - no internet browser --- what's this? creating another strawman to attack?

    3rd line - Here you go again. I did not say anything about 'do everything at home'. Sure, I can wait to do some things at home. Nothing is perfect. Have a look at your camera - does it have a touch screen LCD? Does it have a wifi? Can you post your images directly to flickr as soon as you've captured it? Can it do HDRs and tone mapping automatically? Does it have an articulated LCD even? Is it compact and light? If you answered 'no' to any of these, I wouldn't buy that brand then. In fact, I wouldn't be able to buy anything at all because no company can produce a product that will exactly fit everything that I or anyone would ever want. If I am going to wait for such things to exist, then I won't be able to use and buy anything at all. You just have to know what the tradeoffs are and see if it would fit you. Getting disappointed and being nit picky on a product is the easiest thing in the world. But in the end of the day, people buy products primarily due to what it CAN DO. Things that it can not do is important only if the buyer is going to use that feature.

    Finally, what is it to you if people want to buy it? Why are you annoyed or stressed out that you feel the need to post sarcasm-coated comments in response to people who feel they needed a product that you, or majority of the people in here, don't?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •