Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Singaporean caught in Australian drug bust

Default Re: Singaporean caught in Australian drug bust

Sent youngsters to addict centers, or places where they treat drug/gambing addicts as part of the school curriculum..........not just read about it, that doesn't stay in your mind

And let these youngsters stay for a week in a prison, for sure it will stay in their minds forever!

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    alamark, many of those using "designer's drug" are from uni or poly. i dont think those kids are not aware of the damages drugs cause.
    well, that's their problem.

some people think that they are young, 年轻是本钱, can drink drink drink, club club club, drug drug drug.. in the end, 35 they look back, all their life was a waste.

everyone has a choice to their lives, education has nothing to do with being educated.

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    IIRC.... Aust doesn't have DEATH Penalty.... So, Aust Goverment would be taking care of him for a long time....
    The Australian legal system doesn't do the Death Penalty. Aust Jurisprudence doesn't consider it correct to take a life, no matter what they did.

There is a major news coverage here about how 'unfair and evil' the death penalty is every time a (stupid) Australian gets caught trafficking in a country with the death penalty, particularly with relation to Indonesia.

A recent case was particularly covered as it appeared the Australian Federal Police knew something was up with a group and tipped off the Indonesians, who caught a group red handed and of course will be applying for the death penalty as per their laws. Many commentators in Australia attacked the Australian police for not arresting them here where they would merely got a prison term.

What was particularly 'stupid' for this lot is that the publicity about a previous case where an Australian got sentenced to death hadn't quietened down in the media, yet they went and tried anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    You wouldn't want to know how many people die each year of alcohol related liver disease, or from cigarettes, two menaces that needs to be rooted out too

HS
    or the amount of misery alcoholism can cause to a family, or friends.

alcohol causes so much trouble, but i think, to be fair, it is because of the availability and the fact that is still legal unless consumed in excess. how many people die a year because of drink driving? how many families get torn apart by a drunkard? how much unhappiness arises because of excessive drinking?

but it also creates cheer, etc. it is a sticky issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Not for ar$ehole drug manufacturers and top end supplies. If anything the death penalty is way too kind to them as its over and done quickly. What about the families of the victims of drugs? They often have to live lives of hell as they watch their son, daughter, brother or sister toss their life down the pan for a fix. Guess you've never known any heroin addicts or heavy cocaine users or meth heads?

These are one of the lowest forms of life on the planet, they have no qualms about what they do and the untold misery they bring. We've had 3 or 4 kids in the last year or so here die from Ecstacy that was not well made.

When you get to be older Krishna you'll probably understand more about the complexities of the drug trade and the damage it brings to many people.
    One of my best friends, a fellow photographer as well, went to jail for a couple of months and rehab for almost a year due to heroin addiction. Now he's addicted to weed.

A few friends from other places in the world do coke and ex. Believe me, I do know the physical and mental damage that drugs cause and how they can wreck a person's life. In fact, whenever I see someone abusing drugs, it literally scares the living hell out of me.

I fully agree with you that these guys do deserve a hefty punishment, but I can't imagine someone announcing to me and the rest of the world, that I'm going to die in x days because of what I did. I'd rather pay for my actions in kind.
    I refuse to List my camer@ equipment here.

Quote Originally Posted by krishna91 View Post

I fully agree with you that these guys do deserve a hefty punishment, but I can't imagine someone announcing to me and the rest of the world, that I'm going to die in x days because of what I did. I'd rather pay for my actions in kind.
    how?

have someone announce to you that your kids will be force fed drugs until they're hooked?

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    how?

have someone announce to you that your kids will be force fed drugs until they're hooked?
    how what?

how what?
    "I'd rather pay for my actions in kind."

"I'd rather pay for my actions in kind."
    Ah, life sentence with little possibility of parole? That's a punishment close enough to the death penalty.

Ah, life sentence with little possibility of parole? That's a punishment close enough to the death penalty.
    ok, let's not go there..........

that discussion has been done to death on the internet.

how?

Serve service at these addiction centers lah!

ok, let's not go there..........

that discussion has been done to death on the internet.

i thought we are talking about death sentence for drug make & dealer, not user. thats why singapore doesnt sent user to hang unless carry more than x amount when arrested.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

We should not scorn the Australian laws unless you fellas are willing for our laws to be intruded upon as well.

(It's pretty ironic that we lambast other countries for not hanging drug mules but when we are criticised, we call it interference)

Different strokes for different nations in dealing with the drug menace.

出来跑,迟早要还

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    Alamak, nobody understood what I meant, are you guys educated or not?
    If you talk about a piece of paper I have none.

I got my "education" in the streets.

Is Tax Payer suppose to take care of him/her for the rest of their life ??

I rather my taxes goes into feeding the poor or helping drug addict kick the habit.

Scuba & Father... For Life

Is Tax Payer suppose to take care of him/her for the rest of their life ??

I rather my taxes goes into feeding the poor or helping drug addict kick the habit.
    http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty

it can cost more to kill someone, btw, in a legal system.

anyways, like i said, we really shouldn't go there.

The investigation costs for death-sentence cases were about 3 times greater than for non-death cases.

The trial costs for death cases were about 16 times greater than for non-death cases ($508,000 for death case; $32,000 for non-death case).

The appeal costs for death cases were 21 times greater.

The costs of carrying out (i.e. incarceration and/or execution) a death sentence were about half the costs of carrying out a non-death sentence in a comparable case.

Aust Goverment would be taking care of him for a long time....
    It's the Australian taxpayers like us who have to keep him well-fed and in good health.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast