Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 75 of 75

Thread: K7 Tips and Tricks

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,984

    Default Re: K7 Tips and Tricks

    I bought the whole set of step up rings from Tago Tech: http://store.tagotech.com/index.php?...0f8b626bcd7108 I can step up from 49mm to 82mm. Complete overkill.
    My photos - see just some or all of it =)

  2. #62

    Default Re: K7 Tips and Tricks

    Quote Originally Posted by Gengh View Post
    I bought the whole set of step up rings from Tago Tech: http://store.tagotech.com/index.php?...0f8b626bcd7108 I can step up from 49mm to 82mm. Complete overkill.
    A pic showing all of them threaded to each other in series would be interesting for many here!

  3. #63
    Member banana0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    jurong west
    Posts
    1,488

    Default Re: K7 Tips and Tricks

    just curious... would step up ring create vignetting especially on wide angle?

    and also is tianya filters good enough? seems too cheap to believe.

    http://store.tagotech.com/index.php?...0f8b626bcd7108
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

  4. #64

    Default Re: K7 Tips and Tricks

    Step rings are likely to cause vignetting at wide angle, yes... the only way to really tell is to test it.
    You don't really want to put stack too many step rings... if possible look for a ring that steps directly from your original to target diameter.
    E.g. the Raynox DCR250 comes with a spring-type adapter that adapts with anything from 52mm to 82mm to the 43mm diameter of the lens. I initially bought a 49mm-52mm adapter, but felt kind of silly to have two adapters, so I bought a 49mm-43mm step down ring and it works great.
    Tagotech sells the step rings at $7 each I believe.. you can get slightly cheaper on ebay.
    I don't subsidize marketing campaigns.

  5. #65

    Default Re: K7 Tips and Tricks

    Depends on a combination on how much wide angle your lens is AND how much wider/larger the step-up filter ring is as compared to your original lens filter ring size. The larger you step-up the lesser the chances of any vignetting at wide angles. So yes, you are right... just having any ordinary set of step-up rings isn't the perfect solution for all lenses... especially the wider ones. Best is to do a direct hands-on test to be 100% sure.
    Last edited by sircam; 19th February 2010 at 10:39 PM.

  6. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,984

    Default Re: K7 Tips and Tricks

    Quote Originally Posted by sircam View Post
    A pic showing all of them threaded to each other in series would be interesting for many here!
    Here you go:


    I'm not terribly familiar with materials, but they all feel like aluminum to me, definitely not plastic, in case anyone's interested to know.
    My photos - see just some or all of it =)

  7. #67

    Default Re: K7 Tips and Tricks

    Quote Originally Posted by Gengh View Post
    Here you go:


    I'm not terribly familiar with materials, but they all feel like aluminum to me, definitely not plastic, in case anyone's interested to know.
    Well there you go....a 49mm aluminium hood.

  8. #68
    Member VanGogh53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Singapore City, Singapore
    Posts
    458

    Default Re: K7 Tips and Tricks

    That's a good one on step up rings. Where did you buy them? For the price, buying online seems a bit over-streteched. Perhaps some shops in Funan or Sim Lim should have readily availble stocks.
    __________________________________________________ _
    http://living-a-good-life.blogspot.com

  9. #69

    Default Re: K7 Tips and Tricks

    Well the nice thing about buying online is you just have to click click click wait a few days and it arrives in your mail. Traveling to and fro shops cost money.
    I don't subsidize marketing campaigns.

  10. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,984

    Default Re: K7 Tips and Tricks

    Quote Originally Posted by VanGogh53 View Post
    That's a good one on step up rings. Where did you buy them? For the price, buying online seems a bit over-streteched. Perhaps some shops in Funan or Sim Lim should have readily availble stocks.
    I was responding to your question actually, right at the top of this page, post #61 of this thread. Got the set at $35, price hasn't changed AFAIK.
    My photos - see just some or all of it =)

  11. #71

    Default Re: K7 Tips and Tricks

    Thanks for the pic. Looks great. I think it was a good investment and the filters look quite decent too.

    Yup! I also thought it made a great aluminum hood the moment I saw the pic... with a great feature... you can increase or decrease the outer diameter of this hood in fractions!!

  12. #72
    Member VanGogh53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Singapore City, Singapore
    Posts
    458

    Default Re: K7 Tips and Tricks

    Flash - Nissin i866 ($400) or Metz 58 ($600)? I was told Nissin doesn't have for Pentax? True? OP (Eddy) said, both quite similar; except Metz, better quality and better temperature color...; feedback from Pentaxians? Wanted to buy eyepiece magnifier 1.3x, but no stock in OP; even 49mm CPL also no stock; only UV. 100mmF2.8 macro (new model) not available yet; but will be $1000+. Comments?
    __________________________________________________ _
    http://living-a-good-life.blogspot.com

  13. #73
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: K7 Tips and Tricks

    Quote Originally Posted by VanGogh53 View Post
    Flash - Nissin i866 ($400) or Metz 58 ($600)? I was told Nissin doesn't have for Pentax? True? OP (Eddy) said, both quite similar; except Metz, better quality and better temperature color...; feedback from Pentaxians? Wanted to buy eyepiece magnifier 1.3x, but no stock in OP; even 49mm CPL also no stock; only UV. 100mmF2.8 macro (new model) not available yet; but will be $1000+. Comments?
    The Nissin can only be used for Manual mode when you get the Nikon version. Metz has Pentax version. Got my Metz 58 from OP
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  14. #74

    Default Re: K7 Tips and Tricks

    49mm filters best to just buy from ebay.. damn hard to find stocks here.
    If you find the Metz 58 too expensive, can look at the Metz 48 instead.
    I don't subsidize marketing campaigns.

  15. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    891

    Default Re: K7 Tips and Tricks

    How do these flashes compare to say the Pentax AF360gz ? and you mean some flashes can have a different hue of colour or colour temperature ? sry i dont know much about flashes .....yet

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •