Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Birth rate to drop further?

Default Re: Birth rate to drop further?

Do you know how much it cost to bring up a child and get him
    to University. Just make a guess and you will think not twice
    but at least three times.

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    u never read today's newspapers arrr ?? we are told to be thankful for expensive flats ! becos your own flat is now made valuable !!

Yep, I saw that, plastered all over the web. We should be thankful because our "lee-der" said so.

I'am daft

Quote Originally Posted by Parka View Post
    More damaging is the mindset that current Singaporeans have.

Whenever the topic of babies is there, straightaway without thinking off the mouth will be the reason of cost of raising the kid. That mindset is unfortunately so deep that there are people who can't think of any other stuff first.

Continue saying that every time, even if it's not true, people will think it's true.
    if i got no roof, i would not be dreaming of having a child really ..
    and a 30 yr loan for HDB issin that enticing either.
    if money issin an issue, then what else is

i just got married not long back, and all the added cost IS a definite consideration for me

ryan

If Singapore really wants the birth rate to surge, they should ban condom.

Pulling out is not the most effective way to prevent pregnancy

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    if i got no roof, i would not be dreaming of having a child really ..
    and a 30 yr loan for HDB issin that enticing either.
    if money issin an issue, then what else is

i just got married not long back, and all the added cost IS a definite consideration for me

ryan
    Time, given so much OT and distraction in life nowaday, it's harder to find time company the kids.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Japan is aging already. No need to study. And SIN always take Japan as the comparison, so will go that direction lor.

For those who is still students, just graduated or entering your first 2 years of career, don't speak or write, you can only listen.

Singapore employment law is so grey and weak that all the fanciful talk can never be assured. The fear of getting into a sudden financial fix with a child can be very scary. And when once passed the 40, the fear of defective birth becomes real. The parent will eventually go crazy by the time they reach 65 burdened by the deformed child.

In the wild, defective animal will be taken care by predator but not human world.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post

Why ban ? Put a big TAX on it

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    Time, given so much OT and distraction in life nowaday, it's harder to find time company the kids.
    reminds me of a senior of mine who quit his well paying but hectic job because he realised to his horror his little kids loved his maid more than him, and migrated to nz for a simpler life with more family time. radical. but u r pretty right on that.

ryan

Quote Originally Posted by sl005073 View Post
    wa please don't sia...least it helps to prevent unwanted pregnancy but still there are some idiot ppl who insist on not wearing, end up the girl go for abortion twice...jc girl some more

Banning contraception increases birth-rate for a few years, but after that it falls dramatically. Romania did it back in the 60s and the whole country nearly collapsed because of it.

Sometimes it just shock me when the higher management insist on comparing the island's work productivity against the Japanese and yet complain when our birthrate also assimilate the Japanese. Are we suppose to be as productive as a Japanese and yet still have lots of offsprings for population replacements?

There's only so much resources we have. Furthermore we're only but human beings with limited capacity.

So which one is the priority? Hyper-productivity (working 12-18 hours a day, 6 day week) or forgo long hours working mentality?

Why set a standard impossible on the common workers when the higher management won't be able to accomplish themselves when they come down here too?
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

just because some of them are "higher management" or "Elite". They don't care much about underling as long as it's to their favor.

Encourage productivity? Good news for some bosses to get excuse for retrenchment/cutting pay in the name of it.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Condom ban equates to sharp rise in HIV cases considering we have a booming sex industry which will boom even more when the IR opens. Condom ban also means unsafe sex among all who have sex with partners other that their spouses. Again STD and HIV cases shoot up.

Condom ban equates to uncontrolled births resulting in families having more children than they can support which results in them sinking into poverty and children that cannot afford to go to school which then results in them growing up disfranchised and disillusioned. End of day? We revert to third world country status where the already rich become richer and the middle class join the lower class. Then our daughters and mothers really will become maids.....

Quote Originally Posted by wildsoyabean View Post
    family income 24k p.a is not alot of money.

30k is abt 2500 per mth. minus cpf = 2000
    @ $2000 you wan to have kids? you will be close to feeding from hand to mouth.

do u know the cost of even giving birth alone from consulation to hospital can cost about 5k
    lets not forget nusery fee (if both parents are working) can come to 400 a month easily.

ps im not saying that if u earn less than 2.5k per annum u cant have babies...its just harder

ban contraception is just plain dumb. u will have tons of unwanted orphans in the street.
    I am joking lah

Quote Originally Posted by sl005073 View Post
    baby = tax rebate? no baby = tax highly... man I will quit singapore cos I cannot give birth to baby... I am a man!

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post

not efficient, the men can be very fertile but if the recipient wear contraceptive eg: morning after, pill, IUD, etc then the soldiers die before reaching the target.

Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    Condom ban equates to sharp rise in HIV cases considering we have a booming sex industry which will boom even more when the IR opens. Condom ban also means unsafe sex among all who have sex with partners other that their spouses. Again STD and HIV cases shoot up.
    agreed, by then the sex industry would have more girls around...besides you don't need unsafe sex to get STD, unprotected bj will kena liao, even french kiss is also deadly
    Last edited by Simon_84; 30th January 2010 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    not efficient, the men can be very fertile but if the recipient wear contraceptive eg: morning after, pill, IUD, etc then the soldiers die before reaching the target.
    Walaow if condom is banned, then all sorts of anti pregnancy pills should oso be banned la.

Wah some of you actually took my joke quite seriously

Quote Originally Posted by wildsoyabean View Post
    family income 24k p.a is not alot of money.

30k is abt 2500 per mth. minus cpf = 2000
    @ $2000 you wan to have kids? you will be close to feeding from hand to mouth.
    family income of 24k p.a to have kids.......

Like what wildsoyabean had mentioned....it really very very little.....even family income of 50k p.a is too little for me.....

Quote Originally Posted by UandMe View Post
    really feel the govt are like our parents, forever treating us like kids...
    You don't get to choose who your parents are, but you can change your govt if you don't like them...err...well...in a democracy you are in theory supposed to be able to do that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast