Thread: What to get in Japan ?

Default What to get in Japan ?

HI all,

My friend is going to Japan soon.
    He said can help me to get some stuff back.

Any sugguestion ?

Thanks

The new stuff will be more expensive. The best bet is to go for 2nd hand items. At the camera stores, these are usually graded, and so, the better the condition, the higher the price. To have a rough idea of the prices, check out the Japanese photo mags such as Asahi, Photo Technic where prices of 2nd hand camera accessories are listed. There are also some interesting films which are sold exclusively in Japan only. Good Luck.

Hi, you may want to try the konica IR films available there...wonderful results I get from them....my friend got a asperical loup there very cheap too. I got a slide mounter there, very alike the old visa machine, zap left to right.

Quote Originally Posted by vader
    Hi, you may want to try the konica IR films available there...wonderful results I get from them....my friend got a asperical loup there very cheap too. I got a slide mounter there, very alike the old visa machine, zap left to right.
    I dun find new equipment in Shinjuku area ex. They are resonably priced.

There are lotsa 2nd hand equipment there, also for MF. see until

Go down to the Akashibara electronic street, you might just get interesting buys and results....Its in Tokyo by the way.