Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 153

Thread: Any Recommendation of Photo Printing Shop?

  1. #101

    Default

    any comments on the shop at j8 and ms colour?

  2. #102

    Default

    Wow.. I work in Bedok

  3. #103
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Singapore la
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karyinn
    Wow.. I work in Bedok
    u can try Winston Colour. The guy is a ex-photgrapher and he is very sensitive with his print-outs. Give it a try...

  4. #104

    Default

    how much is per 4R print?

  5. #105
    Moderator sebastiansong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,556
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure
    Agfa labs... I do not know of any using D-Lab2 machine save for Konota and HotPrints. Personally I find the Agfa over-sharpens my test images, something I've posted last year about. That creates annoying artifacts for me. But that aside, D-Lab2's are even more expensive than Frontiers. Agfa Digital paper-wise, I don't see any diff versus Fuji Supreme.
    most interesting observation as this is the first time I've heard that D-Lab2 oversharpen images. I have tried both Konata and Hotprint labs and I do know that for the former they use machine calibration and the later photoshop calibration. Both avoid application of USM to the photos, even when printing S12R.

    I could not help but wonder where the oversharpening could have occurred. Perhaps you could and should have pointed it out to the lab of such an unusual incident.

  6. #106
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Singapore la
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karyinn
    how much is per 4R print?

    it 40cent per piece..but they are using the new Digital photo paper unlike some who are still using typical paper for negatives films. Actually they are more of Minolta Konica lab. it certanly worth the money..I even tried printing my 3.2pixel photos..go and try lor..

  7. #107

    Default

    I dun really like Konica..

  8. #108
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Singapore la
    Posts
    90

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Karyinn
    I dun really like Konica..
    I also dun like it...thought it was a Korean brand.. nut it wasn't! and it wholly Japanese and it has been merge with Minotla..Now they are the first in the market to really come out with purely digital paper for commercial print... the paper is really white. Try a few if you are not confidence.

    Like myself..I dun alway stick to the same popular brands even for cameras...give others a chance..you be surprise..like myself. It up to you..cheers!

  9. #109

    Default

    oh ok .. i think i shall give a try

  10. #110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramses
    u can try Winston Colour. The guy is a ex-photgrapher and he is very sensitive with his print-outs. Give it a try...

    i highly recommend that shop too. above NTUC. used to send my photos for printing there all the time. Too bad i moved to Hillview last year

    anw it's the only good printing shop in bedok lah, the rest all bo chup bo chup anyhow one

  11. #111
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    ClubSNAP community
    Posts
    2,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sebastiansong
    most interesting observation as this is the first time I've heard that D-Lab2 oversharpen images. I have tried both Konata and Hotprint labs and I do know that for the former they use machine calibration and the later photoshop calibration. Both avoid application of USM to the photos, even when printing S12R.

    I could not help but wonder where the oversharpening could have occurred. Perhaps you could and should have pointed it out to the lab of such an unusual incident.
    Only noticed the difference when I brought my test prints back home. At that time I was searching for a good printer. When I got to understand their equipment a little better, I learnt that most, if not all, of the modern digital labs (Frontier, Noritsu, QD21, D-Lab2, etc) could be pre-programmed to sharpen digital files. Though the labs I frequent nowadays do not turn it on. Even a Frontier can produce that kind of yucky over-sharpened images, artifacts and all.

    Those who know me in person know that I can send 100s of photos at one go. As such, I prefer to have my lab print "No Adjustment - whatsoever". That will ensure that what I've seen on my own screen is what I'm going to get.

  12. #112
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Singapore la
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by defn
    i highly recommend that shop too. above NTUC. used to send my photos for printing there all the time. Too bad i moved to Hillview last year

    anw it's the only good printing shop in bedok lah, the rest all bo chup bo chup anyhow one

    Now after the renovation of the building...the shop has moved to the ground floor..just next o the ntuc exit..

  13. #113

    Default

    I tried to send Film to KT to develope. But the result is poor. I wonder is it because they only specialise in printing Digital prints?

  14. #114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karyinn
    I tried to send Film to KT to develope. But the result is poor. I wonder is it because they only specialise in printing Digital prints?
    Hi Karyinn,

    Thanks for your comments. can it be more specify of the printout. It might due to various reason affecting the print. it will be good for us to correct our printing and improve our skill also.

    THanks and do let me know of your un-satisfactory.

  15. #115
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, bukit timah
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tan SK
    Hi Karyinn,

    Thanks for your comments. can it be more specify of the printout. It might due to various reason affecting the print. it will be good for us to correct our printing and improve our skill also.

    THanks and do let me know of your un-satisfactory.

    this is wat i call good service~!

  16. #116

    Default

    KT Digital Colour Centre is SUPERB in Service and quality of prints.

    I came this afternoon after I read all ur comments here in this thread,

    Location:
    It's really difficult to find their shop as the numbers of the shops jump from one place to other building and some more the shop was not named as KT as discussed in this thread. Until I get tired of going around of Hong Lim Complex I called up the shop for direction. One lady answered my call and I asked where are they located as I cant find their shop after 15 minutes of roaming around that place. She tried to direct me to their place but I'm still confused (blur me) to which direction Im going. You know what ,she asked me where and which location am I standing and how she can recognised me so that she can fetch me. Im really surprised and amazed on what service they provide for their customer. Where can u find this kind of service from other shop and she is very friendly chatting with me that a lot of customers has difficulty in finding their place ( I thought only me). As an advise for newbies who's going to KT , look carefully at the map directions on this thread before going to Kim Tian Colour Centre.

    Service:
    The lady asked me what type I prefer (matt or glossy)? Need some colour correction? At first I said no colour correction but then she asked me If my computer monitor was calibrated which I replied to her no as I don't know how to calibrate my monitor. So, she suggested my photos to be colour corrected and she told me that she will give me the hardcopy and email me the softcopy to calibrate my monitor. She asked me when do I need the photos, it was 3 PM then and I said if it is possible to get it within 2 to 3 hrs and she quickly replied Ok come back at 5 PM to collect the photos. She took my Name, contact no., and my Clubsnap alias. From what I've experienced I've forgot to ask and dont mind to ask their developing charge as I know the standard price for clubsnappers. Then I went SLS to window shop while waiting for 5 PM to collect the photos and this lady ring me up around 4:15PM to inform me that the photos were ready for collection What more can I say!! Their service was really fantastic which I don't see in other shops!

    Quality:

    The quality prints turns up to be " Very Good" . 65 photos in 4R/Matt using Fujicolor Crystal Archive Paper Supreme.

    This shop is RECOMMENDED: Kim Tian Colour Centre

    By the way the lady that I met and talked to is Michelle. I would like to thank her for the good service and knowledge that she provide.

    mcferrari

  17. #117

    Default

    for good digital prints, you can also consider Shalom @ Level 1 of Bras Basah Complex. Look for Mr Wong or Catherine.

  18. #118

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by mcferrari
    KT Digital Colour Centre is SUPERB in Service and quality of prints.

    I came this afternoon after I read all ur comments here in this thread,

    Location:
    It's really difficult to find their shop as the numbers of the shops jump from one place to other building and some more the shop was not named as KT as discussed in this thread. Until I get tired of going around of Hong Lim Complex I called up the shop for direction. One lady answered my call and I asked where are they located as I cant find their shop after 15 minutes of roaming around that place. She tried to direct me to their place but I'm still confused (blur me) to which direction Im going. You know what ,she asked me where and which location am I standing and how she can recognised me so that she can fetch me. Im really surprised and amazed on what service they provide for their customer. Where can u find this kind of service from other shop and she is very friendly chatting with me that a lot of customers has difficulty in finding their place ( I thought only me). As an advise for newbies who's going to KT , look carefully at the map directions on this thread before going to Kim Tian Colour Centre.

    Service:
    The lady asked me what type I prefer (matt or glossy)? Need some colour correction? At first I said no colour correction but then she asked me If my computer monitor was calibrated which I replied to her no as I don't know how to calibrate my monitor. So, she suggested my photos to be colour corrected and she told me that she will give me the hardcopy and email me the softcopy to calibrate my monitor. She asked me when do I need the photos, it was 3 PM then and I said if it is possible to get it within 2 to 3 hrs and she quickly replied Ok come back at 5 PM to collect the photos. She took my Name, contact no., and my Clubsnap alias. From what I've experienced I've forgot to ask and dont mind to ask their developing charge as I know the standard price for clubsnappers. Then I went SLS to window shop while waiting for 5 PM to collect the photos and this lady ring me up around 4:15PM to inform me that the photos were ready for collection What more can I say!! Their service was really fantastic which I don't see in other shops!

    Quality:

    The quality prints turns up to be " Very Good" . 65 photos in 4R/Matt using Fujicolor Crystal Archive Paper Supreme.

    This shop is RECOMMENDED: Kim Tian Colour Centre

    By the way the lady that I met and talked to is Michelle. I would like to thank her for the good service and knowledge that she provide.

    mcferrari

    Yeah! I had almost the same experience you had. Just that I found my way there myself Didn't ask for the calibration thingy but I will soon! Going down again hopefully have time tml to develop somemore photos

  19. #119
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Try IDS (iNSTANT Digital Services) at level 1 OUB Building. Should be in the class of RGB. Spoke to the boss b4, they have special 'member package' where you buy a package and are entitiled to certain number of prints. For pro who do regular large quatity prints, they have special rates (my guess is about 30cents).

    My lab is in Jurong East. Dun know the block number. Its opp the BP station near Parc Oasis, called Photo Bugs. Of course regular and pro got special rates....very special.....

  20. #120

    Default

    Hi Mr Tan from KT,

    First of all, i have to apologies to you. After changing my lens, i realised the poor printout is due to my Lens .. I am very Sorry. Please accept my apologise.
    I just came back from my Korea Trip. I have over 200 pic want to send to KT for printing .. will go down and visit you ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •