Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CNN article on Study: Threat of Muslim-American terrorism in U.S. exaggerated

Default Re: CNN article on Study: Threat of Muslim-American terrorism in U.S. exaggerated

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    hell yea. big brother was the biggest terrorist. even hitler wasnt as good as them.

face it. 2 Atomic Bombs dropped on jap civilians.

even the japs werent bad. they aimed for pearl harbour (military place)
    Nobody can ever forget the Nanjing Massacre; hundreds of thousands of civilians were murdered and 20,00080,000 women were raped.

Default Re: CNN article on Study: Threat of Muslim-American terrorism in U.S. exaggerated

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    The atomic bombs were mainly to test the effect of the bombs (2 types) on places that were specifically chosen for not being bombed before.........and they were also afraid the russians were about to 'invade' Japan, so they wanted to stop and win the war as soon as possible, so that the US can go into Japan as the only victors and not share it with the russians.....

all can be seen from recently released US top secret documents and shown at the Hiroshima Atomic Bomb museum. I highly recommend people going to that museum

HS
    As someone who came from the area near Hiroshima and whose mother came from the area near Nagasaki, I wonder about the lingering effects of the bombs in the land, the water, the animals, and the people. What changes were made to all of us that can never be corrected?

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Japanese with their code of bushido will meant a extremely high casualty rate among the citizens in a invasion of the Japanese mainland (Operation Downfall) if the nuclear bombs was not dropped instead.

The invasion of Okinawa and Iwo Jima alone took more Japanese lives, including over 140,000 to 150,000 Japanese civilians killed in Okinawa than when Hiroshima and Nagasaki was bombed, in a way you could argue that that release of nuclear bombs prevented the unnecessary loss of lives instead.
    Sure, it's true that people would have fought with whatever they had to defend their land, but I think that the U.S. government were worried about the soldiers, not the Japanese citizens, that would be killed in an invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtol19 View Post

That there remain skeptics in the muslim world who claim Sep 11 was a conspiracy doesn't help create a positive image for them.

Do you know what germany had to do to regain the world's trust after nazi-ism? They made denial of the holocaust a crime.
    1) i don't think it is just "skeptics in the muslim world"

2) i don't think criminalising denial of the holocaust is the sole reason for regain of the world's trust either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    That makes the American Government the worlds leading terrorist organisation in the past 65 or so years!
    word..

And the President the world's largest arms dealer
    I refuse to List my camer@ equipment here.

......when you control the media, majority will believe on what is being said.

Majority of people around me tend to believe whole-heartedly what is being potrayed on the media without being rational.
    Media-educated bunch

Of course we all know there are separate point of views from different entities however fact remains that history is written by the victors alone.
    I think you didn't realise exactly what I wrote, these were US documents written by the then american government, only recently released............not just by 'different entities', it was written by those who had the powers and to make the decisions on the use of these weapons then (you know who)

HS

Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    rambo also fight with the mujahidin during soviet occupation of afghanistan. where is rambo now?
    Worse, people forget that Osama worked together with the CIA against the Russians...........

I think you didn't realise exactly what I wrote, these were US documents written by the then american government, only recently released............not just by 'different entities', it was written by those who had the powers and to make the decisions on the use of these weapons then (you know who)

HS
    Of course I understand what you had posted, I was merely stating that one can argue from a third party neutral viewpoint that the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki probably save more lives (both Americans and Japanese) than if it had not been dropped and a conventional invasion of the Japanese mainland was to be carried out, irregardless of the reasons why the atomic bomb was dropped.

Hope that clears things out.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Worse, people forget that Osama worked together with the CIA against the Russians...........
    well, there was a movie called "charles wilson's war"......

not everyone forgot.

Wilson has since recounted that, "I always, always, whenever a plane goes down, I always fear it is one of our missiles. Most of all I wanted to bloody the Red Army. I think the bloodying thereof had a great deal to do with the collapse of the Soviet Union."[18] He now surmises that some of the weapons probably wound up in the hands of the Taliban regime, which took power in Afghanistan and harbored Saudi fugitive Osama bin Laden, organizer of the September 11 attacks. "I feel guilty about it," he said. "I really do." "Those things happen," Wilson said of wartime weapons that wind up in the wrong hands. "How are you going to defeat the Red Army without a gun? You can't blame the Marines for teaching Lee Harvey Oswald how to shoot." Wilson, who did not seek re-election to Congress in 1996 after serving 24 years, now believes he could have worked harder to steer Afghanistan away from the course that led it to today. "The part that I'll take to my grave with guilt is that . . . I didn't stay the course and stay there and push and drive the other members of Congress nuts pushing for a mini-Marshall Plan," he said. "And I let myself be frustrated and discouraged by the fact that (the Afghan) leadership was so fragmented that we were unable to do the things we needed to do, like clear the mines, like furnish them millions of tons of fertilizer to be able to replant the crops."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cyclone

Of course I understand what you had posted, I was merely stating that one can argue from a third party neutral viewpoint that the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki probably save more lives (both Americans and Japanese) than if it had not been dropped and a conventional invasion of the Japanese mainland was to be carried out, irregardless of the reasons why the atomic bomb was dropped.

Hope that clears things out.
    That's an assumption only that is impossible to answer unless you can do both and then compare the 'efficiency', but is being used to justify the horrific effects of the atomic bomb until now, 65 years later...............the effects are still visible..........

HS
    Last edited by hongsien; 26th January 2010 at 07:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    even the japs werent bad. they aimed for pearl harbour (military place)
    Well as far as I am concerned, the people that sent my grandfather to the death railway are criminal and barbarians - they are the Japs - so much for "japs werent bad"

(PS. He died in captivity - his remains is among the thousands in the jungles there)

Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01 View Post
    Well as far as I am concerned, the people that sent my grandfather to the death railway are criminal and barbarians - they are the Japs - so much for "japs werent bad"
    no one wins in war.

for every celebrated war hero or general that killed many, there are thousands of grieving widows, fathers and children.

(PS. He died in captivity - his remains is among the thousands in the jungles there)
    Sorry to hear that, I had an uncle who worked at the Thailand bridge over the river kwai...he survived though, and he was civilian in Indonesia (dutch guy)........he had no hard feelings though against the japanese, cause he accepted it was war.

In a war ultimately everybody suffers, ..........only the politicians stand to 'win'

I still can't understand though why people in Asia hate the Japanese so much, but yet fail to hate the western nations that kept them under the thumb for hundred of years (Indo for more than 350 years by the Dutch for example)...........

AFter the WWII the Dutch even didn't recognize the independence of Indonesia, so much so that they had to send the army to war twice just to win back Indonesia.........talk about piracy, they were the earliest pirates!

HS

Of course we all know there are separate point of views from different entities however fact remains that history is written by the victors alone.
    sounds like from call of duty modern warfare 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    no one wins in war.

for every celebrated war hero or general that killed many, there are thousands of grieving widows, fathers and children.
    It is not about winning or philosophy or what ever. But to correct this poster "allenleonhart" distorted and warp belief about the Jap in WWII

My family have moved on - but we never forget what was done. And we make sure our children were told the facts too.

It is not about winning or philosophy or what ever. But to correct this poster "allenleonhart" distorted and warp belief about the Jap in WWII

My family have moved on - but we never forget what was done. And we make sure our children were told the facts too.
    yeah, i know, both sides did bad things.

not going to argue with facts. it is wrong to take sides after the event with regards to "who was right" "who did more wrong", i believe, because such can never be tallied to anyone's satisfaction. i guess what is important is that the next generation is reminded that war is a terrible thing.
    Last edited by night86mare; 26th January 2010 at 07:53 PM.

That's an assumption only that is impossible to answer unless you can do both, but is being used to justify the horrific effects of the atomic bomb until now, 65 years later...............the effects are still visible..........

HS
    So you will rather tens of millions of American, English, Russian and Japanese lives to be lost if a invasion was to occurred through conventional warfare with World War Two dragging towards 1950s?

Face it, it's a war. Innocent women and children gets slaughtered all the time, all the bull**** about moral and integrity gets thrown out the window the moment the first shot is fired. Both Allies with their Manhattan Project along with the Axis and the "Uranverein" (the Japanese are also known to have a nuclear weapon program though less successful) are racing neck to neck in advancing nuclear research even before World War Two officially began, as the war progressed on both sides knew that nuclear weapons was going to be used one way or another as soon as they are available and it just happened the Allies had the upper edge.

Are the Allies equally guilty of war crimes as the Axis? Obviously so but as the victors it doesn't take much to guess how history will rewritten.

I don't see this going anywhere, you had your opinions and I had stated mine thus I'm concluding this issue with this final post, cheers.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

So you will rather tens of millions of American, English, Russian and Japanese lives to be lost if a invasion was to occurred through conventional warfare with World War Two dragging towards 1950s?
    it is anybody's guess whether WWII would have actually dragged on.. actually..

who knows? maybe without hiroshima and nagasaki the japs would have surrendered anyways.

war does not happen to determine who is right, but who is left, and then write history according to their version.

I don't see this going anywhere, you had your opinions and I had stated mine thus I'm concluding this issue with this final post, cheers.
    I don't understand why you took it up as some kind of 'competition' who is right or wrong???? Sorry, but I never had that in mind and apologize if I sounded otherwise, just wanted to let you know that there is no way to tell what would have happened if the bomb had not been used.......because this is unknown, how can the US say it would have saved lives? That is just an assumption........and I was not pointing to what you said, but to what the US always say in order to justify the use of the bomb

I am only saying that to find out, you need to do both, but offcourse that's impossible.........

BTW: I read a comment left by an american at a book in the museum exit who visited the Atomic Bomb museum in Hiroshima, that "he felt ashamed for his own race".........

HS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast