Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Mosquito mats.

  1. #1
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Mosquito mats.

    Hello everyone,

    I just realised that mosquito repellent mats are difficult to find now. I have tried looking for it at Giant, NTUC, Shop & Save but could no longer find it. Are they not available anymore? TIA for replies, comments.




  2. #2

    Default Re: Mosquito mats.

    Think it's been superseded by the liquid versions.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: Mosquito mats.

    Dream Merchan, yes, I saw the liquid versions everywhere, but none carries the anti-mosquito mats anymore. (I can even see mosquito coils!)

    Thanks for the comment.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Mosquito mats.

    No worries Canew.

    It's a bit irritating to look for refills for a product we like, only to find that it's no longer available.

    But on the bright side, I've been using the liquid version as well as a particular heartland lelong store electronic audio repellent for more than a year, and they both seem to work well.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: Mosquito mats.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    No worries Canew.

    It's a bit irritating to look for refills for a product we like, only to find that it's no longer available.

    But on the bright side, I've been using the liquid version as well as a particular heartland lelong store electronic audio repellent for more than a year, and they both seem to work well.
    The item that I highlighted in bold works?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Mosquito mats.

    Surprisingly, yes.

    But guess it depends on which brand you get and one's luck. When I found the one works at my place, I quickly bought a whole bunch and deployed them around the home.

    I've checked out high-end ones that costs close to $50 each, and some of them even feature variable pitch adjustments and so on, but ALL of them cannot guarantee it will work mainly because of so many external variables that may affect the pitch, and well, the mozzies one gets in a certain area.

    Also, I did consider other factors and basically, I feel that a multi-pronged repel approach works better than any singular method.

  7. #7
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default Re: Mosquito mats.

    Oh no ... guess I have to break the bad news to mum ...

  8. #8
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: Mosquito mats.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Surprisingly, yes.

    But guess it depends on which brand you get and one's luck. When I found the one works at my place, I quickly bought a whole bunch and deployed them around the home.

    I've checked out high-end ones that costs close to $50 each, and some of them even feature variable pitch adjustments and so on, but ALL of them cannot guarantee it will work mainly because of so many external variables that may affect the pitch, and well, the mozzies one gets in a certain area.

    Also, I did consider other factors and basically, I feel that a multi-pronged repel approach works better than any singular method.
    Thanks for the explanation, Dream Merchant.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: Mosquito mats.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    Oh no ... guess I have to break the bad news to mum ...
    Adam, when was the last time you bought refill mats?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •