Thread: Mosquito mats.

Default Mosquito mats.

Hello everyone,

I just realised that mosquito repellent mats are difficult to find now. I have tried looking for it at Giant, NTUC, Shop & Save but could no longer find it. Are they not available anymore? TIA for replies, comments.

Default Re: Mosquito mats.

Think it's been superseded by the liquid versions.

Dream Merchan, yes, I saw the liquid versions everywhere, but none carries the anti-mosquito mats anymore. (I can even see mosquito coils!)

Thanks for the comment.

No worries Canew.

It's a bit irritating to look for refills for a product we like, only to find that it's no longer available.

But on the bright side, I've been using the liquid version as well as a particular heartland lelong store electronic audio repellent for more than a year, and they both seem to work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    No worries Canew.

It's a bit irritating to look for refills for a product we like, only to find that it's no longer available.

But on the bright side, I've been using the liquid version as well as a particular heartland lelong store electronic audio repellent for more than a year, and they both seem to work well.
    The item that I highlighted in bold works?

Surprisingly, yes.

But guess it depends on which brand you get and one's luck. When I found the one works at my place, I quickly bought a whole bunch and deployed them around the home.

I've checked out high-end ones that costs close to $50 each, and some of them even feature variable pitch adjustments and so on, but ALL of them cannot guarantee it will work mainly because of so many external variables that may affect the pitch, and well, the mozzies one gets in a certain area.

Also, I did consider other factors and basically, I feel that a multi-pronged repel approach works better than any singular method.

Oh no ... guess I have to break the bad news to mum ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Surprisingly, yes.

But guess it depends on which brand you get and one's luck. When I found the one works at my place, I quickly bought a whole bunch and deployed them around the home.

I've checked out high-end ones that costs close to $50 each, and some of them even feature variable pitch adjustments and so on, but ALL of them cannot guarantee it will work mainly because of so many external variables that may affect the pitch, and well, the mozzies one gets in a certain area.

Also, I did consider other factors and basically, I feel that a multi-pronged repel approach works better than any singular method.
    Thanks for the explanation, Dream Merchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    Oh no ... guess I have to break the bad news to mum ...
    Adam, when was the last time you bought refill mats?