Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon or Nikon or Pentax

Default Re: Canon or Nikon or Pentax

Quote Originally Posted by TsQ View Post
    agree... if u unsure if DSLR gonna e ur thing, get the cheapest 1st... but i duuno, is Pentax easier to sell off later ? I know the C & N is ...

anyway just get one that suits u most... Pentax KX i seen some sample test photo at dpreview.. looks very similar to 500D ..

actually i am also know considering to get Canon or Nikon ... sold my 450D away and now stuck with choices
    There is a market for everything. Lol. I heard that Pentax also has in body image stabilisation. So that's the plus point of Pentax.

Lol. Maybe you would want to stick with Canon since your ex-camera is a 450D. You would be more familiar with the interface.

imo.

Hi,

Do lots of research on the various camera models that you are interested in. Each individual camera got different characteristic in their output. Find the one you like most. Different brands got different approach to what digital photography is. For me one got source to find out all these is the internet. Look at all the reviews and test pictures related to the camera you are interested in. dpreview.com is a good site. A man's meat could be another man's poison. So take your time to find that camera which can give you what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by trumycam View Post
    Hi All,

I've been thingking a lot on what camera to purchase. Ive been considering Cannon 500D, Nikkon D5000 and pentax KX. I've been surveying around and most of the shop owners has been telling me to get the Nikon and they can give me good offer on the nikon. Any advise from anyone out there? I'm quite a newbie thus not really that familiar on the detail technical aspects of the cameras. Thanks.
    hi i use pentax so i recommend pentax de

kekekekeke!!!!!!!!!~~~~

jokes aside, to be entirely unbiased, i'd say if you are new, and you have a limited budget, pentax is the best for you. i doubt many people will disagree.
    Last edited by night86mare; 30th January 2010 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Green-Ray View Post
    Was at the East Coast sipping my coffee and an European guy came to look at my D5000. He mentioned it's a good camera and added : "In Europe, they say 'Canons are designed by Engineers and Nikons are designed by Photographers'."
    the other day i met a zimbawe dude who looked at my k20d.

he mentioned it is good camera that can survive the swamps of africa and added : "in africa, we say "canons are designed by salesmen, nikons are designed by salesmen, pentax is designed by photographer."

so how, my zimbawe dude disagree with your european dude. SHIRTS OFF! BAR BRAWL!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tehzeh View Post
    Is it reliable...?

LOL.
    sure...........

if you think that all european guys' opinions count!

I'm sure every brand has its own people with their little "survival story"

my canons taken a couple direct paintball hits, dousing with water and countless rain drops and she's still refusing to back down..
    I'm sure nightmare has probably dropped his pentax into the sea while shooting some of his awesome landscapes shots..
    I've heard of nikons that have been dropped into pools of mud and come out working fine...

so its not about which brand you choose its really just which advantage do you want to get from each one?
    ie:
    - you choose canon you have access to arguably cheaper lens range
    - nikon you generally get access to nicer bodies, specially if you want to upgrade later
    - pentax you get best 'bang for buck' and again arguably cheaper equipment

btw wheres rashkae, galdor and the sony gang? i figured they would have preached the word of sony alphas to this thread by now?

Quote Originally Posted by rgy1993 View Post
    I'm sure nightmare has probably dropped his pentax into the sea while shooting some of his awesome landscapes shots..
    I HAVE NOT!!!

get splashed only.

Quote Originally Posted by TsQ View Post
    agree... if u unsure if DSLR gonna e ur thing, get the cheapest 1st... but i duuno, is Pentax easier to sell off later ? I know the C & N is ...

anyway just get one that suits u most... Pentax KX i seen some sample test photo at dpreview.. looks very similar to 500D ..
    Its similar to the Kx up till ISO800 only
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxkx/page15.asp

Selling off Pentax stuff is easy enough, unless you are looking at 2-3days turn around.
    Then again, ppl seldom sell off a Pentax camera quickly within a few months usage. Why should they anyway, the cameras are full featured to last and usually 1 model is released for each user segment (ie. entry, advanced) per year.

To all those who have replied, Thanks for all the advise and opinions tha you all have given. I really appreciate it. It took me a long time to decide and I finally purchased a nikon D5000. First main reason is my uncle owns a nikon and I am currently sharing his lenses. Thus I believe it is a better option for me. I am still learning and enjoying my nikon. Thanks again to thos who has contribute their pointers. cheers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12