Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Got a qn for off shoe camera

  1. #1

    Default Got a qn for off shoe camera

    I have setup a off shoe camera setup...and how do i get right exposure?? as the camera will take it as no flash is on..and my shutter speed will be very slow if i want f2.8 but once i press the shutter release it become over-exposed...
    500D/50mm f1.4/90mm macro/17-55mm/EX580 II
    My flickr

  2. #2
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Got a qn for off shoe camera

    Read this

    Lighting 101 - Strobist

    if after reading all and still don't understand,

    go to National Library pick up a basic photography book and finish it, than re read the whole Lighting 101.

    .
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  3. #3

    Default Re: Got a qn for off shoe camera

    Quote Originally Posted by rysouke View Post
    I have setup a off shoe camera setup...and how do i get right exposure?? as the camera will take it as no flash is on..and my shutter speed will be very slow if i want f2.8 but once i press the shutter release it become over-exposed...

    quite a heavy questions, catchligths link is good info so does the library and alot of experimentation

    cheers
    to continue press hex key , to return to main menu press star

  4. #4

    Default Re: Got a qn for off shoe camera

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Read this

    Lighting 101 - Strobist

    if after reading all and still don't understand,

    go to National Library pick up a basic photography book and finish it, than re read the whole Lighting 101.

    .
    thank catchlight..so any recommendation for books to pick up??
    Last edited by rysouke; 23rd January 2010 at 12:05 PM.
    500D/50mm f1.4/90mm macro/17-55mm/EX580 II
    My flickr

  5. #5
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Got a qn for off shoe camera

    Quote Originally Posted by rysouke View Post
    thank catchlight..so any recommendation for books to pick up??
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  6. #6
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,522

    Default Re: Got a qn for off shoe camera

    What is an off shoe camera??

    Are you referring to off-camera flash?

    If flash is connected to camera via remote flash cord, you should still have TTL functionality.
    Last edited by ZerocoolAstra; 23rd January 2010 at 01:34 PM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Got a qn for off shoe camera

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    What is an off shoe camera??

    Are you referring to off-camera flash?

    should be the same lah.....off shoe , off-camera
    since it's not at the hotshoe

    cheers
    Last edited by garagez; 23rd January 2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: wrong spelling
    to continue press hex key , to return to main menu press star

  8. #8
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Got a qn for off shoe camera

    Quote Originally Posted by garagez View Post
    should be the same lah.....off shoe , off-camera
    since it's not at the hotshoe

    cheers
    no, proper term to use is off camera flash/set up, some high power flash unit like Metz CT60, Quantum Q flash do not mount on camera hotshoe directly, but via flash bracket, it is still call "on camera flash".
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  9. #9

    Default Re: Got a qn for off shoe camera

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    no, proper term to use is off camera flash/set up, some high power flash unit like Metz CT60, Quantum Q flash do not mount on camera hotshoe directly, but via flash bracket, it is still call "on camera flash".
    thanz catchlights , i've learned something new

    cheers
    to continue press hex key , to return to main menu press star

  10. #10

    Default Re: Got a qn for off shoe camera

    if you wanna do away with all the guess work, get a lightmeter..

  11. #11

    Default Re: Got a qn for off shoe camera

    ya...kind of knowing that...get a light meter...
    500D/50mm f1.4/90mm macro/17-55mm/EX580 II
    My flickr

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •