Thread: monitor website calibration

Blog Entries

Default monitor website calibration

guys i got this weird problem.

as we all know, what we see on our monitor isnt what we see on the ohter fellow monitor.

anyway to have a calibration for it to er. i dunno. get the best avg?

like on my side colors vibrant bright etc etc.

on their side its dull etc.

howww?

Default Re: monitor website calibration

Are you referring to websites such as this?

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

If so, tried it and didnt work for me.

Make sure that you use sRGB and that you leave the colour profile embedded. Recommend your friends / customers to use a browser or image viewer that deserves the name and displays images according the embedded data. AFAIK, Firefox and Safari do the job. Internet Explorer fails here completely, Google Chrome has other purposes anyway.
    EOS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Make sure that you use sRGB and that you leave the colour profile embedded. Recommend your friends / customers to use a browser or image viewer that deserves the name and displays images according the embedded data. AFAIK, Firefox and Safari do the job. Internet Explorer fails here completely, Google Chrome has other purposes anyway.
    so edit in srgb... okkies.

i shall go google wad it is.

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    so edit in srgb... okkies.
    i shall go google wad it is.
    Important is to export into sRGB after editing. Edit in whatever you like (sRGB, Adobe RGB ..), that's not the issue. Read about monitor calibration and colour spaces - all well discussed here in this section. First make sure that your images are what you want them to be, which requires a calibrated workflow. Otherwise no point editing any colours. Second is to upload in sRGB since that is the colour space of the Internet. If your customers want to make any reasonable judgment from what they see on their screen then I guess they know about colour management.
    EOS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Important is to export into sRGB after editing. Edit in whatever you like (sRGB, Adobe RGB ..), that's not the issue. Read about monitor calibration and colour spaces - all well discussed here in this section. First make sure that your images are what you want them to be, which requires a calibrated workflow. Otherwise no point editing any colours. Second is to upload in sRGB since that is the colour space of the Internet. If your customers want to make any reasonable judgment from what they see on their screen then I guess they know about colour management.

okkies. noted. (: thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by osocan View Post
    Are you referring to websites such as this?

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

If so, tried it and didnt work for me.
    Second this. Probably a hardware calibration is needed. Changing monitor settings may not be adequate.