I must say you have injected a good, and in my opinion, a relevant sense of history into this thread.
It is also refreshing to know that you were the second out-of-Singapore CSer, after Jed, to be a Moderator.
You know something? You and CS-ers of your era should REALLY go and start a thread called:
"Memoir of ClubSNAP", like what our highly respected MM has done.
I look around here, and I humbly bow my head low to all of you, as I realise I am the most junior CS member here.
In my short span of life as a CSer, I have come to these conclusions. Allow me to share:
- New Member: Like a recruit, but as it is in the civilian world, many have the 'permission' to be ya ya. But many a Newbie have never progressed beyond this level.
- Member: Easy. After 50 post counts. Everyone is a Member. Just that many kena Henta-kaki (stagnated) here.
- Contributor: If you are good, but cannot be Senior Member yet, the Admin (or Mods?) may invite you to be a Member of Parliament here.
- Senior Member: Automatic. Regardless of whether the Mods love or hate you. 3 years & 2000 posts, all those who are regulars ROD to become Full fledge SM
who have a bigger PM box, and the right to show Newbies the door to the Google link.
- Blue Member: If your pocket feels very generous, the Admin may invite you to become one.
- Moderators: If you are very ki-lat, and shows a good attitude and leadership capabilities, you may be invited to have tea and become one.
- Admin: Don't even dream. They are the boss.
If I have made any mistakes here, I am humbly opened to hum-tum by all you senior people out there.
Last edited by Ian; 22nd January 2010 at 09:07 PM.
The Ang Moh from Hell
Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!
But all Senior Members and Mods hold corporate memories that make CS what it used to be. And what it is today.
All your other juicy stories will be condiments added to the main dish, you can choose to apply them or not.
Well, that just makes me wonder aloud again... are there any Historians of CS? Any one particular member that in the history of CS has proven himself to be of that talent? That old members can fall back upon to remember old times?
If I don't remember wrongly, night86mare is worth about US$2.50...
I will give you US$5 for it lah, since it feels like we have know each other for so long...