Thread: nice hotels/places with low rental for product photography

Blog Entries

Default nice hotels/places with low rental for product photography

hey guys. jsut asking for some advice here (:

for now i'm helping to do a photography assignment. i'm shooting clothes and i need a location around central, for me to setup and just shoot. there are abt 60 articles, so it wont be done in a day

so i need advice, is there any place around central region, like hotel 81 etc etc with low/almost no rental rates which i could transform into a mini studio to shoot?

the budget is roughly abt a 100 bucks for me to use. so is there anything that seems to fit in this senario?

thank you very much (:

Default Re: nice hotels/places with low rental for product photography

Friend's condos/apartments etc.

I take it that 'central;' refers to Orchard/City/CBD area, since you weren't specific. You also did not mention the theme/style or BG needed for your shoot, so we can't help make meaningful suggestions either, or at the very least, our suggestions would be anyhow wack.

I'm afraid $100 won't get Hotel 81 for 2 days since their rates starts at $70 (http://www.hotel81.com.sg/).

Since your budget is tight .......... actually, very tight, plan your shoot and talk to your client to either increase the budget or most of the shots will be using the same background.

DM hit the nail on the head as wothout more info, it's limited how much we can help.

Cheers.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Friend's condos/apartments etc.

I take it that 'central;' refers to Orchard/City/CBD area, since you weren't specific. You also did not mention the theme/style or BG needed for your shoot, so we can't help make meaningful suggestions either, or at the very least, our suggestions would be anyhow wack.

I'm afraid $100 won't get Hotel 81 for 2 days since their rates starts at $70 (http://www.hotel81.com.sg/).
    If using friend's condo, stick to within the unit and not in the common areas. Most condo require permission to shoot in the common areas if it is for commericial purpose. Just having the guards stop your shoot will be pushing your shooting schedule back.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Blog Entries

okkies. theme wise its not a worry. i just need a place to set up equipments. i'm using a portable background so its pretty much no matter (:

just need a place. tats the crux. central as in near middle of singapore. along tiong bahru and stuff (:

thanks for the advice (:

What about a friend's place?

Or put up a 'Services Wanted' ad in the classifieds, since what it sounds like you need is a small to medium sized room to take half or full body shots with your portable BG.

Hope it works out for you.

HI,

Just wondering if you had been the one that responded to this posting.

http://forums.sgclub.com/singapore/s...er_238264.html

Anyway.. why not try chalets?
    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

Blog Entries

LOL (: well. all i can say is client confidentiality! (:
    but i didnt reply there. tat guy THERE not me.

chalets happen to cost a bit more sadly. well its good, since i'm starting out. i'm hoping to see if i could shoot 60 items in a day. wad u guys reckon? if can i just go rent tat hotel camp one day rush out the stuff and then photoshop till i shuang;D

why do at the rates which you know you will have difficult???? Now you have brought the problem home........

At $100, i reckon you better ask for more, and ask the boss at $100 what can he do if he was in your shoe. If he still cannot pay more, that means he was only asking for free photography at the expense of luring young and in-experience photographers to do for free.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    why do at the rates which you know you will have difficult???? Now you have brought the problem home........

At $100, i reckon you better ask for more, and ask the boss at $100 what can he do if he was in your shoe. If he still cannot pay more, that means he was only asking for free photography at the expense of luring young and in-experience photographers to do for free.
    hmm. in ur opinion, what are the relevant rates that might be reasonable? just curious here.

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    hmm. in ur opinion, what are the relevant rates that might be reasonable? just curious here.
    Depends on photographers, the range is quite different. Easily from $2000 onwards, easily. I am not surprise if some charges $5000 and above for this shoot.

I give you an advice, you tell that client of yours to get you the location you want.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

r u shooting with model?

Blog Entries

Depends on photographers, the range is quite different. Easily from $2000 onwards, easily. I am not surprise if some charges $5000 and above for this shoot.

I give you an advice, you tell that client of yours to get you the location you want.
    whoa.
    o.o

theres 1 thread asking for 30 outfits ...
    from my knowledge someone quote $300

good luck to him/her

There are some who thinks that shooting outfit is simple, he or she do not realize the amount of time need to spend to make it right.............

Maybe TS felt that i bull ****............ but i can tell you, for such jobs, it will take one lessons to know. Try shooting and you will know.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Some times i find it hard to really advice, as many a times, give advice people do not care.....
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Blog Entries

Some times i find it hard to really advice, as many a times, give advice people do not care.....
    (: i took ur advice. i admit while my skills are not up to par, i probably could brush up
    (:

as for that job, i declined. i think its quite impossible to do so much. not just the budget of 100 bucks. it was actually no budget lol. i believe even working for experience deserves some coffee money. my 2 cents.

well. david, go visit my blog. give me advice on wad i could improve

thank god i'm still doing for portfolio. heng not really go start up business. PHEW

and i wont be starting till i have a good 100 pics for a portfolio. and i will stick steadfast to this.
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 22nd January 2010 at 09:37 PM.

The shoe mistake while looking at it for 1 min around:

1. Shoe lace.
    2. The Nike word.
    3. Lights very flat.
    4. The reflection below............ chopped........
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Blog Entries

The shoe mistake while looking at it for 1 min around:

1. Shoe lace.
    2. The Nike word.
    3. Lights very flat.
    4. The reflection below............ chopped........
    shoe mistake.

i have no idea what happened with the lights. its all luminous on my lcd and its not on anothers

u have any idea how to calibrate the monitor? cause mine seems to be off.

as for reflection below, its photoshopped LOL. i was trying out to see if i could get that iphone like reflection. from what i tried, its simply a copy inverted vertical plus a gradient layer mask ~~

i'm hoping that i could get some black acrylic and get a real reflection.

perhaps if got time i go work for free under u and learn ? ;D

and thank you all for ur advice. i really appreciate it (:
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 22nd January 2010 at 09:51 PM.