Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McDonalds to release Pig zodiac Doraemon toy

Default Re: McDonalds to release Pig zodiac Doraemon toy

Quote Originally Posted by neech7 View Post
    Do you really think Coca-Cola was serious about replacing Classic Coke with New Coke?
    no, but they are happy to include cherry coke, vanilla coke, diet coke, coke zero, blah blah blah, so that you can't find the classic coke no more!

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    no, but they are happy to include cherry coke, vanilla coke, diet coke, coke zero, blah blah blah, so that you can't find the classic coke no more!
    Exactly! Coca-Cola would have introduced New Coke, while retaining Classic Coke if it wasn't a publicity exercise. Instead they withdrew a flavour beloved by millions for years and years on purpose, knowing it will create free publicity.

I reckon McD is doing the same thing here. Exclude the pig, citing sensitivity to Muslims, knowing full well the Chinese will be pissed. Bring it back and apologise, but not before they get a boatload of free publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    was there a hello kitty pig toy?

Shugatastic's Photostream @ Flickr.Com
    Photo ID No. 3216559819

CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post

omt there is a frog hello kitty too

what i don't knwo about that thing can fill up an encyclopedia.

oh well I will remember mid april 2010

I asked when will the pig will be available and the girl at counter still say dont have cos McDonald is halal restaurant (oh yeah fastfood restaurant huh) so I ask back why got dog and can this be eaten? If cannot is it still halal? Luck got it the manager was passing by and I asked the same question and she (store manager) answered mid april 2010.

So since by then the cupid will not be there anymore I guess I will get it now and later get the pig for collection, just these two - cos they have a meaningful story to tell. Will be checking for the pig, so Ronald, you better get it right or else one very persistent collector will hound at you.

Last edited by aryanto; 23rd January 2010 at 09:15 PM.

Is that by McDonald also?

Where got blow out of proportion. If half of the SIN Chinese population thinks alike or 1/2 citizen are united, then MCD will release the PIG last week already. And we won't be bullied by SLS shops already.

It is just many think alike forumers, that's all. Those eat potato to grow big of course won't know anything on this.

Quote Originally Posted by antacid View Post
    i thought we singaporeans would be sensible enough to not blow this way out of proportion. and besides, i bet half the chinese singaporeans can't even list the 12 animals of the chinese zodiacs in sequence without googling!

Quote Originally Posted by antacid View Post
    thats a bit strong isn't it? if they had the pig then they woudl have been "inconsiderate" to the muslims.

i thought we singaporeans would be sensible enough to not blow this way out of proportion. and besides, i bet half the chinese singaporeans can't even list the 12 animals of the chinese zodiacs in sequence without googling!
    Huh? Are Buddhist not offended by beef burgers?
    GRID of Media Talents (Singapore) | http://facebook.com/group.php?gid=265034483200

Quote Originally Posted by spheredome View Post
    Where got blow out of proportion. If half of the SIN Chinese population thinks alike or 1/2 citizen are united, then MCD will release the PIG last week already. And we won't be bullied by SLS shops already.

It is just many think alike forumers, that's all. Those eat potato to grow big of course won't know anything on this.
    Supposedly only the working Chinese population are making a big hoo-hah over this incident whereas the younger generations couldn't give a hoot about traditional Chinese culture as long they as receive their hong baos for them to further indulge in their western oriented activities.

I was asking my 5 years old niece the other day on what her Chinese zodiac was, the response? Crab. Am I concern over this erosion of traditional Chinese culture and value? Frankly speaking, I couldn't give a darn either.

'Nuff said.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 24th January 2010 at 03:00 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    I was asking my 5 years old niece the other day on what her Chinese zodiac was, the response? Crab. Am I concern over this erosion of traditional Chinese culture and value? Frankly speaking, I couldn't give a darn either.

'Nuff said.
    oh my, born in the year of the crab........

i think crab must move slower than pig......

As Steve Jobs would say, "Not that big of a deal."

Quote Originally Posted by caizhixiong View Post
    total fiasco. I mean if they want to play it safe and don't offend anybody then don't sell beef. By selling it, they already offending Hindu and some Buddhist alike. How to explain that part. Anybody in the forums working at McD?

btw, if McD want to play it safe?
    1. pick random animals, from cockroach, snails, butterfly are freely available. Lack of pictures? CS forums can supply
    2. make it 13 animals instead of 12 (like chinese zodiacs). ooopsss... Ang moh don't like 13, very suay....
    3. if want to be considerate, then be considerate to all races not partial. Don't assume
    4. Don't find excuses to use Valentine for the cupid, it's not even an animal
    Last edited by AJGun; 24th January 2010 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    As Steve Jobs would say, "Not that big of a deal."
    I agree. It's just a soft toy, for crying out loud. Cannot collect whole set, become a national issue? Boycott McDonald's? And who is making noise? Kids or adults?

Please lah, this is embarrassing.

If we want to argue and fight, might as well fight over something more serious. Maybe like how non-Muslims can protest about denial of their right to eat real bacon and ham when restaurants gain Halal certification?
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Quote Originally Posted by caizhixiong View Post
    It is a mistake that Buddhist don't eat beef.
    Buddha never say Buddhist must be vegetarian.
    He encourage it because it will mean less animal to be slaugtered.

Theravada (thai,myanmar,laos,srilankan) & Tibetan monks cannot ask what kind of food they want to eat because they have to rely on others to give them food. This is because traditionally they dont live in monastery, but live in caves and jungle, and they dont have established organisation like Shaolin. Their rules says they cannot even cultivate the land to grow vegetable so if you give them meat they have to eat meat.

Mahayana monks (the chinese/korean/japanese/taiwanese) eat vegetarian because traditionally they live in monastery, very well organised (similar organisational structure to catholic church) and has to grow and cook their own food (vegetable). They dont even eat chickens or eggs or fish. So going by this rule the only thing they can eat from McDonalds is the fries, buns (assuming no egg in it) and the lettuce and probably the onions. They cannot eat chili cos it has garlic in it. Oh, can still drink coke too.

Please do research before claiming.

So yeah Buddhist dont have to be offended by other people eat beef. I am a Buddhist but I am not a monk. I eat what I want.

can we go back to being offended by xiaxue?

People, don't repeat the issues again from a previous closed thread please. All those saving the world and community thing has already been discussed before and is old news. Don't want to made an product thread become family issue PLEASE.

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    can we go back to being offended by xiaxue?
    she is not halal right?
    um not to be understood it is actually an insult to her

can't wait for them to release the doraemon piggy!

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    I agree. It's just a soft toy, for crying out loud. Cannot collect whole set, become a national issue? Boycott McDonald's? And who is making noise? Kids or adults?

If we want to argue and fight, might as well fight over something more serious. Maybe like how non-Muslims can protest about denial of their right to eat real bacon and ham when restaurants gain Halal certification?
    I totally agree with you on this. I'd be more worried about what goes into my food.

Yes it is but who make it an issue in the first place? McDonald.
    Claim want to be sensitive but then offend another side.

For who? I think yes for McDonald PR.

Now, that I dont think is reasonable.
    There are so many other place selling non-halal food so go ahead eat there. Let the halal food place remain halal.
    Demanding that would be offensive to our Muslim friends.
    If want to eat with pig bacon then can dabao it home and customise it your own lah.

I have a muslim friend who become a vegetarian when he eat outside, because actually halal is not just the type but how it is being prepared. So can have halal chicken and not halal chicken too. Same with beef, can be halal or non halal.

Pig is 100% not halal so no bargaining there.

But it was soft toy, doraemon who is a robot that look like a cat but wear pig costume and then deleted from the 12 zodiac animal which is renamed to Lucky Charm. All these when it is launched near Chinese New Year. Sigh... Whoever think that was a good idea earlier should reflect on this.
    Last edited by aryanto; 24th January 2010 at 08:49 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast