Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: Push Dull looking RAW image to vibration color

  1. #21

    Default Re: Push Dull looking RAW image to vibration color

    A full (and original) version of CS3 and CS4 will have a RAW importing module... that you'll have to ask the photoshop users. I use DPP for my RAW processing primarily.
    better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied -J.S. Mill
    1000D. My works

  2. #22

    Default Re: Push Dull looking RAW image to vibration color

    My RAW workflow:

    1. Shoot
    2. Download into Aperture (I am on Mac!). Do selection etc. Some will use Lightroom. Does pretty much the same thing.
    3. Adjust WB, Highlights/Shadows, Recovery, Contrast/Saturation etc.
    4. Export as Jpg
    5. Do further processing in Photoshop if required. Otherwise, just upload if jpg is ok or feeling lazy.

    Most of the time I will use sRGB color space since alot of web sites are not color managed.

  3. #23
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Push Dull looking RAW image to vibration color

    Generally speaking at what frequency of the colour are you aiming for? As a rough guide, the primary colours; red, green and blue have a frequency of 430–480 THz, 540–610 THz and 610–670 THz respectively.

    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  4. #24

    Default Re: Push Dull looking RAW image to vibration color

    Quote Originally Posted by Keenblade View Post
    A full (and original) version of CS3 and CS4 will have a RAW importing module... that you'll have to ask the photoshop users. I use DPP for my RAW processing primarily.
    I just did some experiment on DPP last nite. thanks to your advice. things getting better now

    Start to get some ideas on how things work. haha. thanks a lot!

  5. #25

    Default Re: Push Dull looking RAW image to vibration color

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Generally speaking at what frequency of the colour are you aiming for? As a rough guide, the primary colours; red, green and blue have a frequency of 430480 THz, 540610 THz and 610670 THz respectively.



  6. #26

    Default Re: Push Dull looking RAW image to vibration color

    Quote Originally Posted by alvinlovesu View Post
    My RAW workflow:

    1) Open in PS
    2) Tweak Exposure (i tend to shoot roughly 1 stop underexposed for RAW to retain details)
    3) Saturation
    4) Vibrance
    5) Temperature
    You are actually losing details if you under expose your files.

    Have a read here
    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tu...se-right.shtml

  7. #27
    Member SurrealDreamWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Outer Limits
    Posts
    1,565

    Default Re: Push Dull looking RAW image to vibration color

    Especially if shooting infrared photogs, then better to use RAW in DSLR. After that, i have to open the RAW infrared images in Nikon Capture NX before saving them as JPEG to be opened and PP in CS4.

    Samples are already in @ http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=649304

    Best of regards
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

  8. #28

    Default Re: Push Dull looking RAW image to vibration color

    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealDreamWalker View Post
    Especially if shooting infrared photogs, then better to use RAW in DSLR. After that, i have to open the RAW infrared images in Nikon Capture NX before saving them as JPEG to be opened and PP in CS4.

    Samples are already in @ http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=649304

    Best of regards
    my first time shoot in raw.

    but I notice it is really noisy. I remember I put Iso not so high. Max was like 1600 because it was going to rain that time. anything I should look out for?

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Push Dull looking RAW image to vibration color

    To reduce noise, try this trick. slightly overexpose your shots by say 1/3 to 2/3 ev. When you process yr RAW photo in DPP, the noise will be slightly lesser if you reduce the exposure. To further reduce noise, get a plugin like Neat image or Noise Ninja for you CS3/CS4. These plugin are quite cheap.


    I normally use DPP to process my RAW because its easier and I find it better than camera RAW for CS. Furthermore, whatever you had adjusted will remains on your RAW file so you dont have to keep the hugh TIFF file. Oh.. I convert to 16bit TIFF because you can PP (retains more details) better in CS. Final image will be in Jpeg on CS.

    This is my workflow and after getting used to it, it seems quite fast for me.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Push Dull looking RAW image to vibration color

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    To reduce noise, try this trick. slightly overexpose your shots by say 1/3 to 2/3 ev. When you process yr RAW photo in DPP, the noise will be slightly lesser if you reduce the exposure. To further reduce noise, get a plugin like Neat image or Noise Ninja for you CS3/CS4. These plugin are quite cheap.


    I normally use DPP to process my RAW because its easier and I find it better than camera RAW for CS. Furthermore, whatever you had adjusted will remains on your RAW file so you dont have to keep the hugh TIFF file. Oh.. I convert to 16bit TIFF because you can PP (retains more details) better in CS. Final image will be in Jpeg on CS.

    This is my workflow and after getting used to it, it seems quite fast for me.
    but then if we all shoot in raw, no time to process photo. Looks like takes me at least 20min for each photos

    about the exposure part, I am not too sure... normally I would just keep it as neutral. Or max 1 level up if really not enough light. it is the way to go? exposure too high then we cannot see much details. what u guys think?

  11. #31

    Default Re: Push Dull looking RAW image to vibration color

    Quote Originally Posted by vlg134 View Post
    how to install Camera Raw? I just managed to download it from cnet . the files from adobe.com all updater only. how come?
    u shd hv camera raw plug-in in ur PS, jst that u need a higher version to view raw files fr newer camera.

    What I did was, go to C drive - Program files - Common files - Adobe - Plug-ins & replace the raw to the later version..
    Canon 7D|50mm f1.4|100mm f2.8|10-22mm f3.5-4.5|17-55mm f2.8|70-200mm f4L|580EXII|Raynox 250DRC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •