Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sky & Cloud?

Default Re: Sky & Cloud?

Quote Originally Posted by startrails View Post

I've tried shooting photos with evenly exposed for blue sky and AND landscape, and found out you will need to have really good eye for lighting if you want it to happen. So far happen only once @ Kranji War Cemetary. Luck plays a part!
    ...nothing to do with luck.

it is a simple explanation of where the sun is, and you can roughly gauge it in the same period, or do it with a sun calculator - not sure if i've gotten the name right.

there are even landscape photographers who plan ahead for an entire year, to hide inside a cavern leading to the sea.. they wait for the time when they think the sun will hit the end of the cavern to get the composition they want.

luck? luck is when you take a picture of a street corner and capture a falling body of someone who decided to commit suicide.

luck is when you were there when 9/11 happened, out of harm's way, and managed to capture the situation.

landscape photography is less of luck, but more of thinking, perserverence and never-say-die attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyez View Post
    here are some of my setting: mostly use AV mode, ISO 800, Auto-white balance, F/11-18

anyone can help me here? i duno how to set to get the effect of blue sky n cloud with clear landscape.
    may i know ur reason for using ISO 800, f11-f18?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    may i know ur reason for using ISO 800, f11-f18?
    for handheld? i always took it at the morning or afternoon so IS0800 is nice for me. some time i go down to 200-400
    What goes around comes around

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyez View Post
    for handheld? i always took it at the morning or afternoon so IS0800 is nice for me. some time i go down to 200-400

Agree wtih night86mare that it is best that you read up on basic photography first. If not a lot of the things that you do will not make sense to you or others.

For me, I would always shoot at base ISO as much as possible, and that means ISO 200. Only when the light level or DOF is insufficient, would I increase it higher. Again, it's not so much noise but to squeeze every last bit out of the DR.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12