Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Downfall of Switching Systems

Quote Originally Posted by sebastiansong
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

The Myth has spoken...

never doubt the Myth... never

hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic
    I noticed many people are often switching systems in this forum. Have they realized that they have to be familiar with the system they are using in order to get good pictures and once they switched system, they have to start from square one again. Imagine struggling again with the new features on your new system and the difference placement of the buttons etc... What are your views on this matter? Do you think it's true or that there is far more benefits in experiecing multiple systems as a photographer?
    Well, there are some people who memorize camera manuals and can recall the various features of many camera brand and model by heart and can probably recite the specifications of popular cameras.

But then again, that only means they can operate many kinds of camera and does not mean they are good photographers.

More like "Snap-o-graphers"

hmm... true... try handling a Sinar system....

Like changing clothes. What's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Kit
    You just dug out a dead dog, beating it dead yet again for the gazillionth time.
    dead dogs are meant to be beaten from time to time. who wants a nikon vs canon or digital vs film thread?

dead dogs are meant to be beaten from time to time. who wants a nikon vs canon or digital vs film thread?

this is gonna spark off a chain of system wars from faithful users of the respective systems...

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    this is gonna spark off a chain of system wars from faithful users of the respective systems...
    yah..agreed...

"my system da best...."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rncw
    yah..agreed...

"my system da best...."

that is so base...

I always believe that the other system is better but because I am the best there is, I might as well give the rest of the field some handicap to facilitate fair play....

Quote Originally Posted by sebastiansong
    that is so base...

I always believe that the other system is better but because I am the best there is, I might as well give the rest of the field some handicap to facilitate fair play....

SebSong SniperD

The good thing about people changing equipment is you get to buy them later at 2nd/3rd/4th hand prices. They also contribute to economic growth.
    Last edited by DennisLee; 2nd March 2004 at 05:23 PM.

Deregistered

yah..agreed...

"my system da best...."
    frankly, i like some major makers for some specific reason. i use canon, but i like nikon for the spotmetering etc... customizable WB +/- 3 steps etc... and who can forget the matrix colour metering?

nothing is the best la, really. all are potentially good stuff, the eyes behind it determines the output. in my case, i'm limiting my setup...

i guess if you're in your first few years of photography it's probably a good time to try out different systems 'for size'. But i believe to get seriously up to speed, you need to eventually settle down on your gear and know it intimately.

i get disoriented sometimes just changing lenses: the AF speed, brightness, weight and handling are all changed. Don't even talk about changing bodies or entire systems.

agree that there is no best camera maker lah...else the rest of the makers all close shop liao......

but that would solve our problem of thinking which brand to get........

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    frankly, i like some major makers for some specific reason. i use canon, but i like nikon for the spotmetering etc... customizable WB +/- 3 steps etc... and who can forget the matrix colour metering?

nothing is the best la, really. all are potentially good stuff, the eyes behind it determines the output. in my case, i'm limiting my setup...

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan

not talking about nikon or canon lah...

yah..agreed...

"my system da best...."

Can the system take that kind of posting?

my system is NOT the best! hehe.....
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

yeah...different people have different priorities....

err...where to get the Leica strap?
    TCW also got i think abt $40 the last time, looks good no?

Quote Originally Posted by reno77
    To earn the title of "Ultimate Photographer" you must be able to use all systems.

also get a championship belt

Quote Originally Posted by sriram
    Just look at the people on dpreview.com - so many morons switching like crazy. Let them blow their money. Anyway, it's a good thing. Their money goes to pay for Canon/Nikon's R&D and I buy a good second hand camera/lens/whatever which is 1-2 generations old at a sweet price.

its their money, let the wookie win.

Quote Originally Posted by Minoxman
    Like changing clothes. What's the problem?
    clothes got a zillion models, brands,types, seasons, and sizes haha!

no problem, wanna buy from projectshop? got a sale from today to 14th of march. 50-70% off and special buys too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12