Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Downfall of Switching Systems

Default The Downfall of Switching Systems

I noticed many people are often switching systems in this forum. Have they realized that they have to be familiar with the system they are using in order to get good pictures and once they switched system, they have to start from square one again. Imagine struggling again with the new features on your new system and the difference placement of the buttons etc... What are your views on this matter? Do you think it's true or that there is far more benefits in experiecing multiple systems as a photographer?

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic
    I noticed many people are often switching systems in this forum. Have they realized that they have to be familiar with the system they are using in order to get good pictures and once they switched system, they have to start from square one again. Imagine struggling again with the new features on your new system and the difference placement of the buttons etc... What are your views on this matter? Do you think it's true or that there is far more benefits in experiecing multiple systems as a photographer?

i think let them decide what they want to do...it's their hobby...and money...

Blog Entries

ohhh my God... you mean there is more to auto mode? so that's what all the rest of the buttons are for... geeez...

but seriously, every camera (with the right accessories) is capable of producing a good shot... for example, oeyvind's canon is capable of good shots because he added a leica strap to act as a lucky charm...

IMHO some people are collector's, eqpt technies first and photographers second while others are just the opposite. No harm being in either camp actually...

Quote Originally Posted by sebastiansong
    ohhh my God... you mean there is more to auto mode? so that's what all the rest of the buttons are for... geeez...

but seriously, every camera (with the right accessories) is capable of producing a good shot... for example, oeyvind's canon is capable of good shots because he added a leica strap to act as a lucky charm...

IMHO some people are collector's, eqpt technies first and photographers second while others are just the opposite. No harm being in either camp actually...
    yeah...different people have different priorities....

err...where to get the Leica strap?

*gasp* Don't you know everytime you change system you will automatically become a better photographer???
    Last edited by gremlin; 2nd March 2004 at 03:54 PM.

To earn the title of "Ultimate Photographer" you must be able to use all systems.
    Last edited by reno77; 2nd March 2004 at 11:45 AM.

The more systems you change, the more gear passes through your hands. It's no fun using a camera or lens that you've owned for more than a week after all.

And that's a bit contentious too. Some people will argue equipment is boring once you've brought it back from the shop and opened it up.

Next!

in short, some are photographers and some are technographers......

Quote Originally Posted by sebastiansong

experiencing different systems/brands/models is a great way to find out which set-up is best for you.

changing systems just for the fun of it won't make you a better photographer.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

I think they have the spare cash to spend.
    Many photog spend alot of money buying lotsa equipment, then later realised that they don't even use that equipment much....the reason why? Becoz, they don't understand themselves...they don't understand their shooting syle....they don't understand what and why they are shooting.
    To me, it is a waste of money switching systems from time to time....why not spend the money on film and printing?
    Dun flame me, thanks! And forgive me for muming rubbish!

I think if by changing the system can make one happy, then by all means do it. Life is short. Let's not criticize and make sarcastic remarks to make pple feel bad.

Even grown up boys crave for new toys once in a while...
    So, let 'em play...

Quote Originally Posted by reno77
    To earn the title of "Ultimate Photographer" you must be able to use all systems.

I think one of my friend can earn the title of "Ultimate Photographer" (or called "Ji-Wang") easily!
    Just to named a few that he owned before :-

Nikon F2, Nikon FM2, Nikon F3, Nikon F4, Nikon F5, Nikon F100
    Canon EOS 650, EOS 1, EOS 1n, EOS 1v
    Leica M6, Leica M6TTL
    Pentax Z1, Pentax 645
    Contax RTS III, Contax T2, Contax T3
    Rollei TLR
    Minolta Dynax 7, 600si, 800si

I think he is fit for this title!!!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    I think one of my friend can earn the title of "Ultimate Photographer" (or called "Ji-Wang") easily!
    Just to named a few that he owned before :-

Nikon F2, Nikon FM2, Nikon F3, Nikon F4, Nikon F5, Nikon F100
    Canon EOS 650, EOS 1, EOS 1n, EOS 1v
    Leica M6, Leica M6TTL
    Pentax Z1, Pentax 645
    Contax RTS III, Contax T2, Contax T3
    Rollei TLR
    Minolta Dynax 7, 600si, 800si

I think he is fit for this title!!!

you see. first you must feel good about your equipment. then you have more heart to indulge in the finer aspects of photography

for the record i am still using my eos 630. still loving it though always have eyes on newer models

Deregistered

rncw: the leica strap can be bought from CP i believe - oeyvind told me

all these change system here and there, probably lets the manufacturers profit more, so that they can plunge more useful technology in the newer models 1 year later... thanks to those changing camps all the time!

maybe... these people are infiltrators...

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    rncw: the leica strap can be bought from CP i believe - oeyvind told me

all these change system here and there, probably lets the manufacturers profit more, so that they can plunge more useful technology in the newer models 1 year later... thanks to those changing camps all the time!

maybe... these people are infiltrators...

thanks for the info, probably i'll get one for the IXUS400...

Default Let them switch.

Just look at the people on dpreview.com - so many morons switching like crazy. Let them blow their money. Anyway, it's a good thing. Their money goes to pay for Canon/Nikon's R&D and I buy a good second hand camera/lens/whatever which is 1-2 generations old at a sweet price.

You just dug out a dead dog, beating it dead yet again for the gazillionth time.

Why change system when you could get that thing called Gafer Tape?? Just tape the camera body and put on whatever a brand name!! Oh yeah, there are Leica/Nikon/Canon straps to get...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tomshen
    Why change system when you could get that thing called Gafer Tape?? Just tape the camera body and put on whatever a brand name!! Oh yeah, there are Leica/Nikon/Canon straps to get...
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

The Myth has spoken...

never doubt the Myth... never

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast