Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Joint Pain

Default Re: Joint Pain

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I used Bio-Freeze - got it from my chiropractor

http://www.biofreeze.com/
    i think this product is a painkiller. rather than solving the main problem, it supresses the pain only. is it?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeeey View Post
    flaxseed oil also good for joints? personally taking flaxseed oil. but didnt know its good for joints too.
    Yes it works like fish oil......do a web search for properties

Also a 90 yr old Aunt used to swear by "oil of wintergreen" for her arthritis

But joint problems can be from a variety of causes and treating them as one and the same would be inappropriate
    Running for conservation and ACRES. Donate at http://www.acres.org.sg/donate.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
    Yes it works like fish oil......do a web search for properties

Also a 90 yr old Aunt used to swear by "oil of wintergreen" for her arthritis

But joint problems can be from a variety of causes and treating them as one and the same would be inappropriate
    Osteoarthrosis do you have any experience in this (like friends / relatives). knee osteoarthritis. any treatment other than operation? i know i could google but like to know what are the available treatment locally invasive or non invasive type.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    Osteoarthrosis do you have any experience in this (like friends / relatives). knee osteoarthritis. any treatment other than operation? i know i could google but like to know what are the available treatment locally invasive or non invasive type.
    My mother says she has it and is taking Glucosamine and cod liver oil. I dunno if it helps and she isn't sure, but she is still taking the suppliments as well as doing exercise.

My 90 yr Aunt took "Oil of wintergreen" and said that helped.
    Running for conservation and ACRES. Donate at http://www.acres.org.sg/donate.html

anyone got shoulder pain from using computer too much? now i have this problem..if i dont lift up my shoulder, no pain. if i do, then got pain....

due to job nature, how can dont use computer...must use more than 9 hrs each day..

does exercise help? what kind of exercise is good for shoulder joint?
    Last edited by ninelives; 7th August 2010 at 10:10 PM.
    Objection !!!

Hi ninelives..

Shoulder pain is mostly due to long hours and long years of using mouse...you may not know, mouse is so light, how can it injure the shoulder joint...
    The reason is simple, when we moves our mouse, it always moves a little left or right...meaning we keep moving the same movement for months or years. Day by day, our shoulder joint liquid get rubbed off..from there it will swollen and feel pain..I believe you can't leave your hand straight up.

I have this problem a year back...when for scanning n see many doctors..also no cure....
    Till I realized that you need to let your right hand recover without daily injury.

Two important things need to change before u can cure..
    1) Force yourself to sw to using left hand mouse....you need to do this change..let your injure hand recover...
    2) Excise your injure hand by doing circular motion..this will smoothen the liquid inside the join...do at least 3-5 times a day...do around 20 times.
    3) if No 1 can be done, then u see doctor to eat some medicine...this way it will heal easily..

Even with all this, my injury shoulder takes around 8-9 months to cure...

Now, get use to left hand mouse...can also use right hand mouse...

All the best to your treatment...

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    anyone got shoulder pain from using computer too much? now i have this problem..if i dont lift up my shoulder, no pain. if i do, then got pain....

due to job nature, how can dont use computer...must use more than 9 hrs each day..

does exercise help? what kind of exercise is good for shoulder joint?

hi dan, did doctor recommend any foods or fruits? i heard about hazard from using the computer for too long but dont really have a choice. the joint "liquid" thingy, is it related to calcium?

and also, will shoulder exercise make the "liquid" rub off even more? since there will be friction when doing the exercise.
    Last edited by ninelives; 8th August 2010 at 12:20 AM.
    Objection !!!

eat glucousmaine

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post

Two important things need to change before u can cure..
    1) Force yourself to sw to using left hand mouse....you need to do this change..let your injure hand recover...
    2) Excise your injure hand by doing circular motion..this will smoothen the liquid inside the join...do at least 3-5 times a day...do around 20 times.
    3) if No 1 can be done, then u see doctor to eat some medicine...this way it will heal easily..

thanks for the advise Dan.... having the same problem too
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by spheredome View Post
    Glucosamine cream only works on direct application near joins. For obese, the absorption effective is greatly reduced as there is a thick blubber between the cream and joint. This is my logic assumption.
    I seriously doubt if the huge molecules of glucosamines can even get through the skin. Many of these creams or rubs probably contain some camphor or similar stuffs that gives abit of cooling somewhat.

ryan

Hi ninelives, Ed...and the rest of us...

Shoulder join pain is the reverse of sports injury. We, lack of exercise, lack of movement, lack of strength....some more we eat alot, sit alot.... all this weakness has slowly make our body weaker day by day... The pain on the shoulder join is the result of years of accumulation injury which we don't move or exercise much. You need to make it move...
    Something like a rusty bolts and nuts...it can't move...you need to apply lubrication and slowing make it turn left or right...it will starts to move smoothly...same goes to our shoulder...you need to stop hurting it (use your mouse) and apply lubrication (exercise or medication). This will then be a much better approach then concentrate of type of medication or food consume.

As I mentioned, the three items is a must. Else you will have to spend a lot of money on consultation, medication...the result is still not satisfactory.

Precaution:
    1) If is possible, try to prevent any hard knock on the shoulder...it is very painful...
    2) Don't fall with your injure hand pressing on hard ground...you will injure more..

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    hi dan, did doctor recommend any foods or fruits? i heard about hazard from using the computer for too long but dont really have a choice. the joint "liquid" thingy, is it related to calcium?

and also, will shoulder exercise make the "liquid" rub off even more? since there will be friction when doing the exercise.

http://www.apos.com.sg/index.php to read on

'non-surgical and does not involve any pharmaceutical drugs'

No Benefit from Glucosamine and chondroitin for joint pain... from British Medical Journal

http://www.bmj.com/content/341/bmj.c4675.full

Conclusion:
    Our findings indicate that glucosamine, chondroitin, and their combination do not result in a relevant reduction of joint pain nor affect joint space narrowing compared with placebo. Some patients, however, are convinced that these preparations are beneficial, which might be because of the natural course of osteoarthritis, regression to the mean, or the placebo effect.

Bottomline is don't waste your money...

Some reseach say that glucosamine is no better than a placebo.

But the funny thing is that so many have already tried and found it to be effective. And that include myself. And each and every supplement company has got it.

Well, I do take one or two a day. I tried stopping for a few weeks and the darn pain came back.
    Do not be afraid [of ghost and bullies] Shoot them......

eat / do whatever deem fit for u

they have to find something to do else they will be out of jobs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123